Erics lightweight bass cabs in Sydney

Basses, Amps, Accessories etc...
pipsqeek

Re: Erics lightweight bass cabs in Sydney

Post by pipsqeek » 18 Jun 2018, 09:51

I bought one of his sealed 2x12 guitar cabs second hand. I didn't like the sound, it was a very resonant box and the tolex ripped so easily, I figured it was vinyl.

I haven't tried his bass cabs, but based on my experience with the guitar cab, along with the bass speaker choices he offers, and the cab design, I don't feel confident in his products.

He a nice, and very friendly guy. My guitar playing mates speak highly of him. And I don't doubt that. But a good bass cab maker? Questionable.
Facebook - For the latest gigs
Instagram - For what I'm cooking in the kitchen and the pedal workshop
Twitter - a mix of all of the above

Famous quote - "Just press record and leave the camera alone until I'm standing next to you again." - Stef

ZonStatusAria

Post by ZonStatusAria » 18 Jun 2018, 09:56

ashdown rootmaster 2x12 bass cab could be a better option?

mcrawfordmusic

Post by mcrawfordmusic » 19 Jun 2018, 09:57

I've owned two of his EB112's and they were decent, but not my thing. I got by with them for a bunch of gigs until a better cab popped up for sale.
If i were you, i would go to the bass centre and try out a bunch of cabs. If you can't afford full retail, keep watching the classifieds on here until something pops up.

ZonStatusAria

Post by ZonStatusAria » 19 Jun 2018, 18:44

mcrawfordmusic wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 09:57
I've owned two of his EB112's and they were decent, but not my thing. I got by with them for a bunch of gigs until a better cab popped up for sale.
If i were you, i would go to the bass centre and try out a bunch of cabs. If you can't afford full retail, keep watching the classifieds on here until something pops up.
do you think it will do a bright and punchy bass sound well? i know that has a lot to do with bass and amp aswell. how did it sound for you?

i have no amp yet.

i have a schroder 2x12L too but i can't find a matching 1x12 cab or combo for it. something that will lock into the cabinet corner.
would like a taller rig setup. not keen on short cabs or rigs.

shayneotoole

Post by shayneotoole » 03 Nov 2018, 16:35

did anyone get any further with this thread?