Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
Post Reply
User avatar
Rocksolid
Posts: 2292
Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 17:27
Location: Prospect, South Australia

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by Rocksolid » 07 Aug 2019, 09:44

Updated version of my Aguilar board. All pedals the same size now, which appeases my OCD greatly. Running the Agro in front of the Filter Twin now which combined with the Octamizer gives me a very good synth effect. All fits perfectly on a Warwick Rockboard Jam pedalboard, and to continue the Warwick theme, I'm using a PT XL Battery vercro'd to the end, and they are Warwick rockboard 75mm Bender patch cables which I stumbled across. Can also power it with a Onespot if I choose to. I do have an Aguilar Grape Phaser on the way to swap in when required, or add in place of the THDI and I will also add a Radial Stagebug SB-2 in that situation. The power Loom is a Carson 1>8 daisy chain,

Image

Image

Image

Image
Gear:Fender I Quilter I Berg I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses: Fender I Gibson I Musicman I Warmoth l Squier I Aria Pro II

Bands: Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

User avatar
narcdor
Posts: 4381
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 16:36
Location: Melbourne

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by narcdor » 07 Aug 2019, 13:28

Come on Aggie put out a tuner and make it a clean sweep!
Strings: Fender, Narcdor, Framus, MusicMan
Knobs: Aguilar, MarkBass
Cones: Barefaced, Baer
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar

User avatar
Wrenn
Posts: 1203
Joined: 30 Apr 2009, 23:10
Location: Sydney (Southwest)
Contact:

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by Wrenn » 07 Aug 2019, 15:12

Rocksolid wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 09:44
Image
I don’t wanna show the underneath of my pedalboard, you might cry because of the birds nest :D
Band: PLATFORM http://www.facebook.com/PlatformBandSydney
Bass: LEJ 5/24, MTD Kingston KZ 5-String Fretless

User avatar
grooveinsyd
Posts: 315
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 16:13
Location: Sydney

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by grooveinsyd » 07 Aug 2019, 15:42

Rocksolid wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 09:44
Updated version of my Aguilar board. All pedals the same size now, which appeases my OCD greatly. Running the Agro in front of the Filter Twin now which combined with the Octamizer gives me a very good synth effect. All fits perfectly on a Warwick Rockboard Jam pedalboard, and to continue the Warwick theme, I'm using a PT XL Battery vercro'd to the end, and they are Warwick rockboard 75mm Bender patch cables which I stumbled across. Can also power it with a Onespot if I choose to. I do have an Aguilar Grape Phaser on the way to swap in when required, or add in place of the THDI and I will also add a Radial Stagebug SB-2 in that situation. The power Loom is a Carson 1>8 daisy chain,

Image

How do you power 9v pedals and 18v THDI at the same time?
Sandberg Oliver Riedel signature; Dingwall ABZ 4; G&L USA L2K #8; Dingwall NG2-5

User avatar
BazzBass
Posts: 3494
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 13:36
Location: Adelaide

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by BazzBass » 07 Aug 2019, 16:12

Rocksolid wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 09:44
Image
Aggie Aggie Aggie, OI OI OI ?
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, Player J Fretless,Hofner B Bass, SX J, Yamaha DTX400 drum kit
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

User avatar
Rocksolid
Posts: 2292
Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 17:27
Location: Prospect, South Australia

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by Rocksolid » 07 Aug 2019, 18:34

grooveinsyd wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 15:42
Rocksolid wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 09:44
Updated version of my Aguilar board. All pedals the same size now, which appeases my OCD greatly. Running the Agro in front of the Filter Twin now which combined with the Octamizer gives me a very good synth effect. All fits perfectly on a Warwick Rockboard Jam pedalboard, and to continue the Warwick theme, I'm using a PT XL Battery vercro'd to the end, and they are Warwick rockboard 75mm Bender patch cables which I stumbled across. Can also power it with a Onespot if I choose to. I do have an Aguilar Grape Phaser on the way to swap in when required, or add in place of the THDI and I will also add a Radial Stagebug SB-2 in that situation. The power Loom is a Carson 1>8 daisy chain,

Image

How do you power 9v pedals and 18v THDI at the same time?
In the last pic you can see a round thing strapped to the board in front of the THDI. That's a voltage doubler. 9v in 18v out.
Gear:Fender I Quilter I Berg I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses: Fender I Gibson I Musicman I Warmoth l Squier I Aria Pro II

Bands: Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

basshack
Posts: 4870
Joined: 06 Feb 2010, 10:14
Location: Melbourne Victoria

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by basshack » 08 Aug 2019, 08:00

If you truly had OCD you'd have them in alphabetical order.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

Barney
Posts: 234
Joined: 03 Nov 2008, 21:06
Location: Melbourne

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by Barney » 08 Aug 2019, 12:44

Nice, I’m happily rocking your old pedals😎

benhill1982
Posts: 1612
Joined: 21 Jan 2010, 14:49
Location: Warragul

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by benhill1982 » 16 Aug 2019, 20:50

Image
Bass: Sandberg VM4
Rig: Bergantino NV610T, NV115(x2), NV412T, Reference 322 & BAmp, Noble, Jule Monique, Ampeg PF-20T, Kemper Stage
Pedals: Free The Tone, Darkglass, Eventide, Strymon, Tym, Origin Effects, Rodenberg, 3Leaf Audio, OvniFX

User avatar
Wrenn
Posts: 1203
Joined: 30 Apr 2009, 23:10
Location: Sydney (Southwest)
Contact:

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by Wrenn » 17 Aug 2019, 01:17

benhill1982 wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 20:50
Image
Which one do you like better the Smoothie or the Cali CB?
Band: PLATFORM http://www.facebook.com/PlatformBandSydney
Bass: LEJ 5/24, MTD Kingston KZ 5-String Fretless

benhill1982
Posts: 1612
Joined: 21 Jan 2010, 14:49
Location: Warragul

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by benhill1982 » 17 Aug 2019, 06:05

Wrenn wrote:
17 Aug 2019, 01:17
benhill1982 wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 20:50
Image
Which one do you like better the Smoothie or the Cali CB?
Very different, the Cali is very transparent, whereas the smoothie gives some old school warmth and a bit of chewiness to the signal.
Bass: Sandberg VM4
Rig: Bergantino NV610T, NV115(x2), NV412T, Reference 322 & BAmp, Noble, Jule Monique, Ampeg PF-20T, Kemper Stage
Pedals: Free The Tone, Darkglass, Eventide, Strymon, Tym, Origin Effects, Rodenberg, 3Leaf Audio, OvniFX

User avatar
Wrenn
Posts: 1203
Joined: 30 Apr 2009, 23:10
Location: Sydney (Southwest)
Contact:

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by Wrenn » 17 Aug 2019, 14:03

benhill1982 wrote:
17 Aug 2019, 06:05
Wrenn wrote:
17 Aug 2019, 01:17
benhill1982 wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 20:50
Image
Which one do you like better the Smoothie or the Cali CB?
Very different, the Cali is very transparent, whereas the smoothie gives some old school warmth and a bit of chewiness to the signal.
Sweet, I’ve only heard good things about the Smoothie, IMO that might be the ticket for someone wanting to start on the higher end compressor jungle, YMMV.
Band: PLATFORM http://www.facebook.com/PlatformBandSydney
Bass: LEJ 5/24, MTD Kingston KZ 5-String Fretless

benhill1982
Posts: 1612
Joined: 21 Jan 2010, 14:49
Location: Warragul

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by benhill1982 » 17 Aug 2019, 14:09

Wrenn wrote:
17 Aug 2019, 14:03
benhill1982 wrote:
17 Aug 2019, 06:05
Wrenn wrote:
17 Aug 2019, 01:17


Which one do you like better the Smoothie or the Cali CB?
Very different, the Cali is very transparent, whereas the smoothie gives some old school warmth and a bit of chewiness to the signal.
Sweet, I’ve only heard good things about the Smoothie, IMO that might be the ticket for someone wanting to start on the higher end compressor jungle, YMMV.
It’s very good, but as an optical compressor will never give the same transparency as the 1176 style. I’ve got those two, a Compressore, Super Symmetry and Hyper Luminal - if I was buying only one for everything it’d be the Cali or HL. But the others all impart their own special flavour on the tone. We’re spoilt for choice these days.
Bass: Sandberg VM4
Rig: Bergantino NV610T, NV115(x2), NV412T, Reference 322 & BAmp, Noble, Jule Monique, Ampeg PF-20T, Kemper Stage
Pedals: Free The Tone, Darkglass, Eventide, Strymon, Tym, Origin Effects, Rodenberg, 3Leaf Audio, OvniFX

User avatar
Heath
Posts: 2596
Joined: 02 Nov 2008, 12:50
Location: Newcastle

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by Heath » 24 Aug 2019, 07:34

Image

I’ve condensed my setup, would love to replace that boss chorus with something that sounds exactly the same just without the background noise :lol: chorus wise it’s perfect 80’s, just has a bit of hum to it
Cole Clarke LL5, Yamaha 425x, Fender CS 57P+Geddy Lee, Sandberg Ida, Spector Euro 4LX, Belman Custom 5
Amps: Markbass, Thunderfunk, Phil Jones
http://cruzersnewcastle.wixsite.com/rock-band

User avatar
grooveinsyd
Posts: 315
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 16:13
Location: Sydney

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by grooveinsyd » 24 Aug 2019, 12:06

Rocksolid wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 18:34
grooveinsyd wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 15:42
Rocksolid wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 09:44
Updated version of my Aguilar board. All pedals the same size now, which appeases my OCD greatly. Running the Agro in front of the Filter Twin now which combined with the Octamizer gives me a very good synth effect. All fits perfectly on a Warwick Rockboard Jam pedalboard, and to continue the Warwick theme, I'm using a PT XL Battery vercro'd to the end, and they are Warwick rockboard 75mm Bender patch cables which I stumbled across. Can also power it with a Onespot if I choose to. I do have an Aguilar Grape Phaser on the way to swap in when required, or add in place of the THDI and I will also add a Radial Stagebug SB-2 in that situation. The power Loom is a Carson 1>8 daisy chain,

Image

How do you power 9v pedals and 18v THDI at the same time?
In the last pic you can see a round thing strapped to the board in front of the THDI. That's a voltage doubler. 9v in 18v out.

Would you be so kind to post a link of purchase here? :thumbup:
Sandberg Oliver Riedel signature; Dingwall ABZ 4; G&L USA L2K #8; Dingwall NG2-5

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 1 guest