Who is obsessive about their coffee??

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
BassLine

Re: Who is obsessive about their coffee??

Post by BassLine » 12 Nov 2018, 17:01

BazzBass wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 14:53
I call BS, Italy 0.3 cups a day? maybe in kndergarten but once they hit ten years old I doubt these 'stats"
Digging a bit deeper....
Note about the data:
The cups measurement we used is equivalent to 8 fluid ounces. Euromonitor provided data in liters, which we converted to ounces and then cups, before dividing by the number of people in each country.
8 fl oz = 238mL.
Since 60% of coffees served in Italy are espresso (30-40mL), that stat actually holds up although misleading. It was the only chart I saw with Australia on it.

Try this pretty picture......

even though this site claims 3.7kg per capita annually.
http://www.coffeeresearch.org/market/italy.htm
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

basshack

Post by basshack » 12 Nov 2018, 19:19

Don't know if this is interesting to you coffee drinkers but these guys are two obsessive coffee people that happen to be sailing around enjoying life making videos. I've been following them for a little while now since I got hooked on their RV adventures.

><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

packrat

Post by packrat » 12 Nov 2018, 19:23

I have to drink coffee in the US often. I don’t know what they’re going to do when they run out of tyres to roast the beans over. After that my expectations are pretty low :)

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 12 Nov 2018, 19:41

packrat wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 19:23
I have to drink coffee in the US often. I don’t know what they’re going to do when they run out of tyres to roast the beans over. After that my expectations are pretty low :)
I stayed in Manhattan in 2011 for the World Police and Fire Games. One of the guys we were with found a dude from Melbourne who had opened up a shop in Brooklyn initially and then moved his business to Manhattan. I just googled his business - looks like it's going ok - he now has 3 shops! His coffee was as good as any I have in Australia. We'd walk 10+ minutes to get there and pass a dozen starbucks. As soon as we walked in he'd make out coffees and then come out from behind the counter and sit with us. Fun times!

It was always full of Uni students, Europeans, and Aussies.

http://www.cultureespresso.com/
Gear:Fender I Quilter I Berg I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses: Fender I Gibson I Musicman I Warmoth l Squier I Aria Pro II

Bands: Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

packrat

Post by packrat » 12 Nov 2018, 19:58

Grumpy’s was also good. However the default coffee in the US, even if you make it yourself is burnt :(