RAAF Basses 01 & 02

Basses, Amps, Accessories etc...
BOSS302BASS

RAAF Basses 01 & 02

Post by BOSS302BASS » 07 Mar 2017, 06:06

Well here's soundclips finally of my Aussie Made Gear - the RAAF Basses out of the hangar at Melbourne School of Guitar Making...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1O2vL0LIdM

BazzBass

Re: RAAF Basses 01 & 02

Post by BazzBass » 07 Mar 2017, 11:54

WOW !

great looking basses and they sound great.

Nice playing too

and nice shoes :)
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 07 Mar 2017, 13:34

Those basses sound fantastic. They actually sound pretty much exactly how I'd want an SC P-bass to sound. The pick tone is especially nice.

I notice that the first bass in the clip (bass 02) is a little bit more aggressive sounding than the other. But only a very slight amount. Are they sporting different strings, by chance?
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

rodl2005

Post by rodl2005 » 07 Mar 2017, 14:43

Sound good. Look good. = win! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Mean & Surly

BOSS302BASS

Post by BOSS302BASS » 07 Mar 2017, 16:59

PilbaraBass wrote:Those basses sound fantastic. They actually sound pretty much exactly how I'd want an SC P-bass to sound. The pick tone is especially nice.

I notice that the first bass in the clip (bass 02) is a little bit more aggressive sounding than the other. But only a very slight amount. Are they sporting different strings, by chance?
Good pickup (no pun intended) - the translucent white bass pickup is wound with formvar wire and is wound a touch hotter at around 7.75k - hence the slightly bitier tone. The other one is of course plain enamel and wound at around 7.35k.

BOSS302BASS

Post by BOSS302BASS » 07 Mar 2017, 17:04

BazzBass wrote:WOW !

Nice playing too

Thank you sir! The boots are vegan leather - no cows harmed in the production...custom made all the way from Dallas Texas.
https://katmendenhall.com/

noplanb

Post by noplanb » 08 Mar 2017, 09:13

Very nice all round. I like the logo/decal/brand - more tasteful than those wonderful strange Japanese brands! ;)
I see..............basses!

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 08 Mar 2017, 13:17

BOSS302BASS wrote:

Nice playing too

Thank you sir! The boots are vegan leather - no cows harmed in the production...custom made all the way from Dallas Texas.
what? vegan leather from TEXAS? That sounds so counterculture, especially for Texas.
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

BOSS302BASS

Post by BOSS302BASS » 13 Mar 2017, 12:35

PilbaraBass wrote:
BOSS302BASS wrote:

Nice playing too

what? vegan leather from TEXAS? That sounds so counterculture, especially for Texas.
I know right? powerful counterculture out of TX...
The culture of killing and using animals for food and clothing and entertainment we do not need to live a healthy life is drawing to an end - hopefully before animal agriculture poisons the whole planet. The UN and the World Health Organization have done the math and have warned that with animal agriculture now being responsible for over half of humanity's greenhouse gas emissions if we do not stop farming animals and cutting down forests to grow food to feed them instead of us, we have 50 years left before the planet will no longer be able to sustain ANY life. Kat Mendenhall is at the forefront of many individuals and businesses proving we do not need to inflict hideous and pointless suffering on animals to enjoy our lives. She was brought up on a ranch, so she knows better than most what animal suffering is. I never thought twice about animals and what they go through till one day I realized not one of them ever wanted to be enslaved and then murdered for me to wear cool boots and fill my face with cheese, steak and ice cream. Turns out animals enjoy being alive as much as we do! ;)

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 13 Mar 2017, 12:57

BOSS302BASS wrote: we have 50 years left before the planet will no longer be able to sustain ANY life.
I'll be dead by then, and I'm not leaving any descendants behind, so...care factor zero, better chop down another tree to stoke the fire to cook another dead animal

I am joking of course.....
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 14 Mar 2017, 11:36

BOSS302BASS wrote:
PilbaraBass wrote:
BOSS302BASS wrote:
I know right? powerful counterculture out of TX...
The culture of killing and using animals for food and clothing and entertainment we do not need to live a healthy life is drawing to an end - hopefully before animal agriculture poisons the whole planet. The UN and the World Health Organization have done the math and have warned that with animal agriculture now being responsible for over half of humanity's greenhouse gas emissions if we do not stop farming animals and cutting down forests to grow food to feed them instead of us, we have 50 years left before the planet will no longer be able to sustain ANY life. Kat Mendenhall is at the forefront of many individuals and businesses proving we do not need to inflict hideous and pointless suffering on animals to enjoy our lives. She was brought up on a ranch, so she knows better than most what animal suffering is. I never thought twice about animals and what they go through till one day I realized not one of them ever wanted to be enslaved and then murdered for me to wear cool boots and fill my face with cheese, steak and ice cream. Turns out animals enjoy being alive as much as we do! ;)
If the nylon / polyester fibres that those boots are made from are made from recycled product, then we have a reasonable enviro friendly product. If however, the nylon is made from scratch... nylon manufacturing produces nitrous oxide gases.

Polyester is made from coal and petroleum, and it's production is pretty nasty for the enviroment. (although there are worse things).

I believe that it actually makes good sense to produce leather from animal skins. I think it's a case of maximising the usefulness of the animal. I think that there are good farming practices and there are TERRIBLE farming practices (and the entire range, in between). This goes for plants and animals. For plants, it's important that we are cognizant of the environment, in both how the land is managed and what pesticides and fertilisers we use (and how we use them). And for animals, it's important that we respect the beast from which so many of us get food and other products.

And while I'm an omnivore, I don't harbour any animosity at all towards vegetarians or vegans. We all have lifestyle choices.

The most important thing is that we all remain aware that everything we do and choose has impact outside of ourselves. The planet is most-definitely a finite, sensative thing.

Classic5

Post by Classic5 » 15 Mar 2017, 11:56

Sweet playing Drew :thumbup:

Both basses look and sound wonderful :cool:
IB-Classic#001, Xotic XJ-1T 5,Yamaha BB1024X
Glockenklang Blue Soul, Glockenklang Double, TecAmp Puma 112 Combo
"If you keep buying things you DON'T need, eventually you'll have to start selling things you DO need"

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 15 Mar 2017, 13:29

^yes... back to subject... the basses are fantastic...
Sorry about my side-stream rambling.

BOSS302BASS

Post by BOSS302BASS » 19 Mar 2017, 18:03

Lifestyle choices do not involve victims. So that defence of animal use is moot.
An animal's skin is maximally useful on its body. I think we can all agree on that. I think we can also agree that animals have never given us permission to use them and kill them in the complete history of life on Earth.Since it is also long been known that humans can thrive without having to eat, wear or use animals in any way, it is still surprising that the animal use industries continue to kill 70 billion land animals a year and over two trillion sea animals. One billion humans are starving, yet the rest of us manage to be able to feed the 70 billion land animals grains and other crops so we can kill those animals for protein that is - ironically - freely available in a myriad of plant foods. it is estimated we can feed the whole world's current and future population on around 1/8 of the land and water resources we currently use.
And as far as the environmental issue goes, we are 50 years off of destroying the Earth's atmosphere and environment if we don't cease using animals. Proven thoroughly and unequivocally by both the UN and the World Health Organization, who concurrently assessed the production of the Earth's greenhouse gas emissions and have estimated that at 51%, animal agriculture is now the world's single biggest producer.
So there's actually no pros to continuing to use and kill animals unfortunately even though the bulk of humanity refuses to believe that animals are not ours to use as we see fit, as well as refusing to grasp the ecological, environmental, economic and ethical disaster that animal use is and has always been.
But since the vast majority of humans are unwilling to give up their addictions to meat, dairy, eggs, fish, leather, honey, horse racing and the myriad of other awful things we do to animals for our convenience and pleasure, the expansion of veganism, which, again - unsurprisingly, is literally the only thing that will prevent humanity from making the whole planet unlivable for ANY form of life by 2060 will probably not happen fast enough to stop the exponential rise in global warming, preventable diseases such as cancer and heart disease and diabetes, so we'll all be ****, and there's a good chance most of us will be around to see the end, and most of our children will be really pissed off about it.
And before anyone pulls "holier than thou", self-righteous" arrogant", think about this - is there anything more self-righteous, arrogant and holier than thou than believing other beings should die for us because we like the taste, the convenience and the entertainment all that death and suffering provides?
And lastly, if any of us were in a darkened shed knee deep in our own shit, jammed into a livestock truck, being hit with iron bars as we were being forced down the final chute while watching our friends before us getting their brains smashed in and their throats slit before we copped it ourselves, I am pretty **** sure we would want SOMEONE to stand up for us, for SOMEONE to save us.

BOSS302BASS

Post by BOSS302BASS » 19 Mar 2017, 18:04

And this, I am pretty sure takes this subject into the off-topic zone. Thank you and good night.