Rant Thread !

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
BazzBass

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by BazzBass » 26 Jan 2019, 02:22

it was mainly backup generators that got us through. The Labor government bought them last year for just such an eventuality.
Guess what? The Liberal government will SELL them....why the #$%@ do that you morons? we are in this mess coz u sold off the electricity utility. morons.

arrrrgh
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs, Yamaha DTX drums
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P,J&J Fretless,Hofner B Bass,Mike Dirnt P, SX J
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

veebass

Post by veebass » 26 Jan 2019, 17:20

BazzBass wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 02:22
it was mainly backup generators that got us through. The Labor government bought them last year for just such an eventuality.
Guess what? The Liberal government will SELL them....why the #$%@ do that you morons? we are in this mess coz u sold off the electricity utility. morons.

arrrrgh
I don't know the ins and outs of what has happened in SA, but what you say doesn't surprise me. They reported here that the backups were getting turned on.

Public asset that a mate could turn a profit from....quick, let's sell it to them.

Newman wanted desperately to sell ours off to his mates/ backers. He tried every trick in the book to convince Qlders. Survey after stupid survey- "Strong Choices" or some similar nonsense-He kept pushing and pushing. The campaign won some stupid award but Qlders turfed him out. Privatisation of public utilities/ human services are on the nose for good reason.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nation ... ln2kx.html
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 13 Mar 2019, 21:57

BazzBass wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 13:34
bloody channel Seven !

they've been showing Foyle's War on Monday nights on Ch72.

They started from Episode 1 season 1. They decide to stop showing it after episode 26. They just decided FU public, you don't need to watch the last three episodes, I mean, you've only been watching it for HALF A BLOODY YEAR!
Soooo ch72 started showing Foyle's War again,last Wednesday night, guess which episode was the first?

no, not S1 Ep 1, and no, not from where they stopped, ie 3rd to last episode, but the SECOND to last episode

Tonight, the second week, they are showing the very last episode ever.

I'm betting next week will be a randomly plucked episode, say season 4 episode 5.......
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs, Yamaha DTX drums
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P,J&J Fretless,Hofner B Bass,Mike Dirnt P, SX J

noplanb

Post by noplanb » 14 Mar 2019, 08:19

Have you thought of joining the SA State Library system?
You can reserve DVDs to pickup at your local library:
https://onecard.network/client/en_AU/sa ... 7C%7CTitle
I see..............basses!

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 14 Mar 2019, 12:21

noplanb wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 08:19
Have you thought of joining the SA State Library system?
You can reserve DVDs to pickup at your local library:
https://onecard.network/client/en_AU/sa ... 7C%7CTitle
I bought the Foyle's War Complete Box Set :hyper: