Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by veebass » 08 Feb 2018, 12:53

vin-tone wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 12:51
Aussie Mark wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 12:39
veebass wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 12:18
In case anyone forgot the nature of the Liberal attack on Sheryl Kernot and gets too carried away with the current "it's a private matter" now it is a Liberal. Here's a story from 2004 about Don Randall's 1998 attack.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/07/ ... 08019.html
It's definitely a public interest matter. I just wish Newscorp would publish more "before" photos instead of the "after" photo.
Throw in to the mix he just spent 6 months preaching to us about "the sanctity of marriage" - it goes to the core of his credibility.
Credibility.... Barnaby :rolf:
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 08 Feb 2018, 15:07

veebass wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 12:48
Seriously, does Turnbull even know how stupid he is sounding.

Federal Public Sector wage agreement negotiations are to be capped at 2%.
Yep, probably because govt departments are "top heavy" and full of "bludgers" who are already "overpaid". I actually have never encountered a single person who is working in the public sector for a higher wage than private, so I really don't know where these ideas come from. Everything I've witnessed indicates the 2% cap is already standard across the board and has been for years now, so this isn't even new. Most recent agreement negotiations I've heard about have stalled for years as staff repeatedly rejected 2% resulting in an actual growth of 0% which suits the budget requirements nicely.

Also depends on which people you look at of course, in IT 2% falls way behind the most recent 20% average (can't remember the source) and the predicted 17-22% for this year and I'm expecting to see a cash driven exodus of people who are any good at their jobs from public positions. Lucky they get to keep the remainders, they will surely deliver fantastic outcomes for the government.

http://www.afr.com/news/economy/employm ... 110-h0g25y
Strings: Fender, Framus, Warwick, Custom
Knobs: Mesa, MarkBass
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar, T-Rex

veebass

Post by veebass » 08 Feb 2018, 16:51

Only a Banker's Royal Commission would actually do this to the victims. Well done Malcolm for looking after your mates.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/banking- ... 4yzlp.html

veebass

Post by veebass » 09 Feb 2018, 08:34

So does the COALition support wage rise or not?

http://www.afr.com/news/ir-minister-cra ... 208-h0vs7q

veebass

Post by veebass » 10 Feb 2018, 08:59

The whole thing just got much more dangerous for Barnaby in relation to the employment decisions around Ms Campion..
Turnbull WAS involved.

Turnbull WILL throw Joyce under the bus, if there is any danger to himself.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-10/p ... ir/9418692

veebass

Post by veebass » 10 Feb 2018, 11:20

The apparently cosy detente (boardering on love in) reached between the AMA and the Government might be under some pressure. I wondered about the codeine decision.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... are_btn_fb

veebass

Post by veebass » 10 Feb 2018, 18:25

Obviously, $400,000 pa plus expenses and very generous allowances is not enough to pay the rent on a townhouse in Armidale, despite owning several properties.
Can anyone explain to me what is the difference between allowing a a rich person to pay a $5000 bill for you and allowing a rich person give you free rent for 6 months (at this stage)?

Oh, I see the difference is one is a Chinese donor to both parties and the other is a rich businessman who only donates to one party.

I think the ultimate outcome for both the pollies involved should be the same. Hopefully, Chester will get some revenge for the appalling way Joyce treated him.

BTW. AS I understand it there is plenty more bad behaviour from the B@ner Boy yet to be exposed (so to speak).

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... n-armidale

veebass

Post by veebass » 11 Feb 2018, 06:16

This is good news electorally for Labor.
We are worried Turnbull will ditch their corporate cash handout before the next election to give himself a chance of winning. Maybe they will ditch the Treasurer and the PM, instead.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... 4yzsc.html

veebass

Post by veebass » 12 Feb 2018, 07:51

Some interesting stats on the lack of wage growth.
Quite a decline in new EBA rates over a period where we profits rose dramatically.
Obviously, better business conditions and windfalls are not being trickled down.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-econ ... 210-h0vw1j

veebass

Post by veebass » 12 Feb 2018, 13:31

Recent tweet from Tony Windsor to Barnaby Joyce.
Time to go , but before you do you might apologise to my wife and my now deceased Mother for your disgraceful behaviour and to the many others on your trail of misinformation and deceit . You deserve no sympathy , the sympathy should go to those you have damaged .

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 12 Feb 2018, 14:39

Pollies are merely a subset of broader society, no matter which party they're members of - dual citizens and adulterers are everywhere

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

veebass

Post by veebass » 12 Feb 2018, 14:57

Aussie Mark wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 14:39
Pollies are merely a subset of broader society, no matter which party they're members of - dual citizens and adulterers are everywhere
That is true. It would appear Barnaby is/ was in both subsets from the MEDIA reports. Labor has not pursued him about his personal life., even though I understand there is a fair bit more that could come out yet.
Pleased to see Labor pressed the issues that are relevant in Question Time in both houses today.
They tried to ascertain who actually made the decision to create two jobs for Ms Campion. The Government is flatly refusing to answer. Be that on their heads.
Labor also pursued Barnaby with a series questions that go to his competence and impartiality as Minister For Infrastructure. We got a series of incoherent red faced screaming fits. I think the point was made.
Not one single question about his personal life from Labor

I thought Labor could have asked why the Deputy PM needs someone else to pay his rent for him. I really don't see much difference between that and someone paying Dastyari's bill, except Barnaby earns about twice as much as Dastyari did and therefore has even less justification for allowing this to happen.

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 12 Feb 2018, 15:01

Aussie Mark wrote:
in modern Australia politics...
dual citizen = bad
adulterer = good

:lol:
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 12 Feb 2018, 15:10

veebass wrote:
12 Feb 2018, 14:57
Aussie Mark wrote:
That is true. It would appear Barnaby is/ was in both subsets from the MEDIA reports. Labor has not pursued him about his personal life., even though I understand there is a fair bit more that could come out yet.
Pleased to see Labor pressed the issues that are relevant in Question Time in both houses today.
They tried to ascertain who actually made the decision to create two jobs for Ms Campion. The Government is flatly refusing to answer. Be that on their heads.
Labor also pursued Barnaby with a series questions that go to his competence and impartiality as Minister For Infrastructure. We got a series of incoherent red faced screaming fits. I think the point was made.
Not one single question about his personal life from Labor

I thought Labor could have asked why the Deputy PM needs someone else to pay his rent for him. I really don't see much difference between that and someone paying Dastyari's bill, except Barnaby earns about twice as much as Dastyari did and therefore has even less justification for allowing this to happen.
I agree with you - he has to go. Not for shagging a staffer - because if that (or shagging a colleague) were grounds for dismissal far more MPs would lose their jobs over that than for being dual citizens. The job creation shonk for Campion doesn't pass the pub test at all, nor does the "gifted" rental property from his old mate. Shagger Shorten was smart for targeting those aspects and not the other :thumbup:

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

veebass

Post by veebass » 12 Feb 2018, 15:23

^ Yes, Mark, I couldn't care less about the salacious side of it.....but many voters , particularly conservative ones, will. That is where his party will ultimately make their assessment. I reckon he is cactus.

Speaking of pub tests. The whole thing is now high farce, with this from the PM's office. Malcolm is in big trouble and is trying to split hairs here. If not Barnaby's partner, what was she?
A spokesman for the prime minister told AAP Mr Joyce had not breached ministerial standards in regard to the employment of partners because Ms Campion was not the deputy prime minister's "partner" at the time of her appointments to the offices of Matt Canavan and Mr Drum.
According to the section 2.23 of the statement of ministerial standards, "ministers' close relatives and partners are not to be appointed to positions in their ministerial or electorate offices, and must not be employed in the offices of other members of the executive government without the prime minister's express approval".
"A close relative or partner of a minister is not to be appointed to any position in an agency in the minister's own portfolio if the appointment is subject to the agreement of the minister or cabinet," the section relating to "employment of family members" continues.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/no-breach-f ... m-s-office

Hang on.......... the party line in Parliament today has been the PM has nothing to do with it- the Nats do their own staffing. Starting to unravel.