Andy Irvine "Sound of Bass" Australian Workshop Tour

Distributes fine bass products AUS wide via retail dealer network. Brands include Warwick, Rockbass, Seymour Duncan Basslines, EBS, Morley, Rockbag, Bullet, Core X2, Rockstand, FODERA, B-BAND, DTAR and more.
Eberbachl

Re: Andy Irvine "Sound of Bass" Australian Workshop Tour

Post by Eberbachl » 07 May 2014, 17:26

An urgent message for those attending tonight's Flemington workshop came in an email from Warwick Australia this afternoon:

Hi All!

It has come to our late attention, that we have had some time-zone issues with our ticket system.

It has automatically changed itself from 8pm to 7pm for tonights Workshop at GH Music in Flemington and it has only just come to our attention.

Please note... the start time for tonight is 8pm (NOT 7pm).

Doors will be open at around 7:30pm for an 8pm. If you have already made arangements to arrive by 7pm... We will try to open early as possible so you can play some of the beautiful Warwick's on display whilst you wait.

We sincerely apologise for this error... We're sure you'll still have a really great time tonight, just a little later :)

See you soon!

Best Regards,

Warwick Australia
A few Warwicks

Dominant Music

Post by Dominant Music » 07 May 2014, 21:31

Thanks Luke

Dominant Music

Post by Dominant Music » 07 May 2014, 21:33

drbass wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed it as well (talking about the Melbourne event), good to see Blaine and Luke (who lives just around the corner from me but we travel 30 km to catch up).

Some interesting messages, not unexpectedly "know your stuff" but in the same breath "forget about it when you play". Counting was high on the agenda (which I don't do, might be something to look into). Lucas (?) Taranto talked some about pushing and laying back (just ahead, or just behind the beat) which I have been thinking about a lot lately myself (caused by exposure to a number of different drummers). He had a gorgeous Fodera.

And following on from that the sound was indeed amazing. Everyone had "their" sound playing through the same rig. Pretty cool.

And yes, some amazing Warwick timber. My first look at Mono bags, now on the shopping list (only item, I am happy otherwise).

Great afternoon all round, looking forward to the next one. Nice to catch up with Michael from Dominant as well - I'll show you my 90 Thumb 4 NT next time.

Regards,
Michael
Thanks MIchael nice to meet you and Blaine. Look forward to seeing the THUMB BASS. Glad you liked the MONO Case, lovely pieces.

basshack

Post by basshack » 07 May 2014, 21:37

Well..... When you invite us over and host this years GTG we'll bring all our nice toys.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

Dominant Music

Post by Dominant Music » 07 May 2014, 22:06

BassInvader wrote:More than likely is offset to catch the sweet spot of the B string. The 6 string version is different again... not quite as drastically as between the 4 and 5 though
The THUMB Bass has been a real hit on this tour :) That makes us happy. It really was a pioneer in 86 when it first hit. Multi laminate necks, pioneered use of woods such as Bubinga and wenge. The Adjustable Brass nut. Switchable from active to passive. All very fresh for 1986. It's tone is unlike anything else

Yes the pickup pos in the 4 , 5 and 6 are all unique. They all came from fine tuning to suit sweet spot on each bass. A lot of this fine tuning was done by Warwick Founder Hans Peter Wilfer with Jack Bruce and John Entwistle.

Eberbachl

Post by Eberbachl » 07 May 2014, 23:48

Another great workshop from Andy in Flemington tonight:

Looking forward to Blackburn tomorrow night; should be a blast... I think we're going to see something special.

:D
A few Warwicks

stoneboy26

Post by stoneboy26 » 08 May 2014, 16:54

Disappointed I haven't been able to make any of these. Prior engagements, child and tonight I have band rehearsal!!!

:(

Enjoy!!!
-Dan-
Sandberg Basses: VM5/VS4|Eden WT800|Eden D210XST x2|Mono Cases & Straps|Loads of FX

Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/danstonebass
Personal: http://www.facebook.com/destone

Eberbachl

Post by Eberbachl » 08 May 2014, 23:04

Sorry you missed it Dan. Blackburn was a blast tonight; another great workshop by Andy and a real treat to hear him jamming with Roger McLachlan.

A few Warwicks

FunkDragon

Post by FunkDragon » 09 May 2014, 00:53

Eberbachl wrote:Sorry you missed it Dan. Blackburn was a blast tonight; another great workshop by Andy and a real treat to hear him jamming with Roger McLachlan.

I hope there is a video of this jam?
Love Rodger's groove too!
It's ALL about the groove!
Spector - ReBop MM 4, & Legend Custom 5 :partydance:
Genz Benz GBE750
Ampeg Portaflex 4x10

groovinbass.com

Juan Lauda

Post by Juan Lauda » 10 May 2014, 07:07

Really enjoyed the Sydney show, but I would've loved to hear just a few more of the basses and a brief intro to the LWA. What was with the gorgeous flagship Fortress standing there in the background with just three strings on it? Looks like it got restrung in time for the Flemington show.
Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Dominant Music

Re: Andy Irvine

Post by Dominant Music » 15 May 2014, 23:34

Juan Lauda wrote:Really enjoyed the Sydney show, but I would've loved to hear just a few more of the basses and a brief intro to the LWA. What was with the gorgeous flagship Fortress standing there in the background with just three strings on it? Looks like it got restrung in time for the Flemington show.
Thanks for the feedback :)

Dominant Music

Post by Dominant Music » 15 May 2014, 23:36

Some videos filmed here in AUS with Andy Irvine and a great Aussie Player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoucbPfYz_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd7CuMplfm4

Cheers

TAL

Post by TAL » 17 May 2014, 20:16

Who won the bass ?