Rant Thread !

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
Petebass

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by Petebass » 02 Mar 2018, 21:04

BassLine wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 20:12
Same thing happened to my Dad many years ago.... he couldn't see the roo for that tossers high beams which caused him to hit it & roll the car.
Yikes. Another few inches to the right and I may very well have rolled my car. With the run of luck I've been having lately, it's nice to be on the receiving end of good luck for a change.
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 02 Mar 2018, 21:05

basshack wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 13:33
Did a little bit of wee come out Pete?

BTW re older post the company I worked for has made me redundant. Doesn't mean the product isn't any good but I have no interest in supporting them anymore. 6 years invested and I don't care to count how many months of time doing the above and beyond thing and they dump me like it just doesn't matter. Didn't even want me to work out my notice and get the last of the outstanding jobs completed. That was the most disappointing bit.
Comes across as they couldn’t give a stuff so maybe never having to deal with them again is a good thing ultimately? Looking for silver linings here.
Strings: Fender, Framus, Warwick, Custom
Knobs: Mesa, MarkBass
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar, T-Rex

Classic5

Post by Classic5 » 03 Mar 2018, 18:18

basshack wrote:
BTW re older post the company I worked for has made me redundant. Doesn't mean the product isn't any good but I have no interest in supporting them anymore. 6 years invested and I don't care to count how many months of time doing the above and beyond thing and they dump me like it just doesn't matter. Didn't even want me to work out my notice and get the last of the outstanding jobs completed. That was the most disappointing bit.
Sorry to hear that Blaine. It's a big world out there and it extends well beyond your current ex employer. Your a talented guy with lots of valuable experience. Hope the next place shows more appreciation for your efforts. I know this may sound like a cliché, but things do happen for a reason. Maybe you need a change to something better. Life is short.
IB-Classic#001, Xotic XJ-1T 5,Yamaha BB1024X
Glockenklang Blue Soul, Glockenklang Double, TecAmp Puma 112 Combo
"If you keep buying things you DON'T need, eventually you'll have to start selling things you DO need"

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 03 Mar 2018, 20:07

basshack wrote:
the company I worked for has made me redundant.
Sorry to hear buddy. Take the opportunity to spend time with family, church and around the house.
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 05 Mar 2018, 12:55

Petebass wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 13:14
Just over a year since my Lancer was written off and I had a massive near miss on Tuesday that sent me straight to JB-Hi to buy a dashcam. It's only a 2 days old and already it has captured something.

Here's a perfect tutorial showing why you should not drive around with your hi-beams on, or have your headlights aimed up too high. 10pm at Dundowran driving towards Burrum Heads, I was blinded temporarily, flashed my beams at him once to tell him to turn his off when suddenly.................. well, excuse the swearing but that was CLOSE!

A journalist from Fraser Coast Chronicle saw my dashcam footage, gave me a call, then published the story.

https://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au ... -/3352641/
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 05 Mar 2018, 13:12

Petebass wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 12:55
A journalist from Fraser Coast Chronicle saw my dashcam footage, gave me a call, then published the story.

m.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/watch-fraser-coast-mans-close-encounter-with-high-/3352641/
Looks like you're officially a Queenslander now, Pete - ie. "Fraser coast man", not "Blues supporter" or "Cockroach"

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

NotTheFish

Post by NotTheFish » 06 Mar 2018, 10:11

They filtered out the best bits of audio..

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 06 Mar 2018, 12:36

NotTheFish wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 10:11
Yeah well, they kinda had to. I had Ch 7 local news come and interview me today and I told them they'd better do the same thing before they put it to air tonight. The reporter was kinda cute. I was kinda hoping she would make sex noises like some people do when eating ice cream. Probably better that she didn't :)

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 07 Mar 2018, 15:04

^ :lol:
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

veebass

Post by veebass » 07 Mar 2018, 16:22

Petebass wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 12:36
NotTheFish wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 10:11
Yeah well, they kinda had to. I had Ch 7 local news come and interview me today and I told them they'd better do the same thing before they put it to air tonight. The reporter was kinda cute. I was kinda hoping she would make sex noises like some people do when eating ice cream. Probably better that she didn't :)
Very impressive on TV- it made it down here!
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 07 Mar 2018, 18:05

Why thank you. I've been getting nice comments from customers today, but have you seen the comments on the Fraser Coast 7 news Facebook page? I was copping a bit of criticism and negativity. Who would have thought a plea to not drive everywhere with hi-beams on would touch such a raw nerve.

I hit them with a reply this morning and expected some fireworks in return ...... Nothing! It shut them up. Cowards!

veebass

Post by veebass » 07 Mar 2018, 18:42

Petebass wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 18:05
Why thank you. I've been getting nice comments from customers today, but have you seen the comments on the Fraser Coast 7 news Facebook page? I was copping a bit of criticism and negativity. Who would have thought a plea to not drive everywhere with hi-beams on would touch such a raw nerve.

I hit them with a reply this morning and expected some fireworks in return ...... Nothing! It shut them up. Cowards!
You were in the right, Pete. :thumbup:
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

basshack

Post by basshack » 07 Mar 2018, 21:53

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts guys. I've done ok with a payout and yes better off out of the mess. Now to find somewhere to be useful again.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 08 Mar 2018, 08:07

basshack wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 21:53
Thanks for the kind words and thoughts guys. I've done ok with a payout and yes better off out of the mess. Now to find somewhere to be useful again.
I'm believing that the right job will come at the right time Blaine. Be bold and courageous.
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

basshack

Post by basshack » 08 Mar 2018, 10:56

^ Thanks Owen, my main issue right now is I don't know what I want to do next. I've got plenty to do around the house for a while, lots of school kids umpiring available to keep the pocket money coming in. Just got to get over being dumped and find a passion for something new and challenging. It's probably a little late to start a career in music performance....
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>