Health Goals for 2018

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
brooksi

Re: Health Goals for 2018

Post by brooksi » 19 Jul 2018, 09:07

Well today is my first day of chemo i hope, they should give it to me .And we go from there
Dream as if you'll live forever, live like you'll die today.
Powered by Pals, Motivated by Mates.

basshack

Post by basshack » 19 Jul 2018, 09:22

Everything crossed for you Brooksi, which makes it hard to practice....
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

brooksi

Post by brooksi » 19 Jul 2018, 09:40

basshack wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 09:22
Everything crossed for you Brooksi, which makes it hard to practice....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
good luck with the practice

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 19 Jul 2018, 10:46

I popped my radioactive iodine capsule yesterday - no need to spend 3 days in a lead lined room this time, as the dose is very small. Just need to keep away from pregnant women and babies for a few days this time. I have the scan tomorrow.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender Bassman 500 and Neo 410

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

basshack

Post by basshack » 19 Jul 2018, 11:57

Giving up on practice with too many things needing to be crossed. Good luck with the scan tomorrow Mark.

brooksi

Post by brooksi » 19 Jul 2018, 14:35

Well i never started chemo,as the scan they did on wed,showed some spots on my liver.So i have to under go more scans to findout if it spread,before they can give me the good stuff

basshack

Post by basshack » 19 Jul 2018, 14:54

Here's to hoping it's not spreading and you get the treatment. Keep your chin up!

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 20 Jul 2018, 07:14

We're all thinking of you at this time Brooksi. Our thoughts for your family too - hope you're getting some lovely time with them.
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 20 Jul 2018, 08:52

So my 12 month anniversary of chemo came and went, so we are now up to 12 months since my depleted immune system dished up a nasty bout of shingles. I'd put a reminder in my phone calendar in big capital letters, because now I can get a vaccine.

I definitely want this vaccine! I book the appointment at the GP and practically walk in there with my sleeve already rolled up ready for the jab ...... But wait, it doesn't work like that.

The doc is very reluctant to give it to me. I'm surprised given the tv in the waiting room was playing ads for "shingles prevention, just ask your GP". I'm too young ya see, my health history in the last 11 months shows my immune system is functional again, and the vaccine cost me $300......

I don't care if it's $3,000, I want this vaccine. Yes shingles was THAT bad!

Eventually I convince him not to underestimate how much this is playing on my mind and he agrees to go ahead with it. Great, I roll my sleeve up again and ........ Wait, that's not how it works.

First I have to go to a chemist with the prescription. They won't have it in stock, they can order it, it'll take a week. When I pick it up, I have to take it to the doctor so he can place it in their medicine grade fridge until I can make an appointment to come in for the jab.

And so I begin another health related odyssey .......
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 20 Jul 2018, 10:12

Petebass wrote:
20 Jul 2018, 08:52
So my 12 month anniversary of chemo came and went, so we are now up to 12 months since my depleted immune system dished up a nasty bout of shingles. I'd put a reminder in my phone calendar in big capital letters, because now I can get a vaccine.

I definitely want this vaccine! I book the appointment at the GP and practically walk in there with my sleeve already rolled up ready for the jab ...... But wait, it doesn't work like that.

The doc is very reluctant to give it to me. I'm surprised given the tv in the waiting room was playing ads for "shingles prevention, just ask your GP". I'm too young ya see, my health history in the last 11 months shows my immune system is functional again, and the vaccine cost me $300......

I don't care if it's $3,000, I want this vaccine. Yes shingles was THAT bad!

Eventually I convince him not to underestimate how much this is playing on my mind and he agrees to go ahead with it. Great, I roll my sleeve up again and ........ Wait, that's not how it works.

First I have to go to a chemist with the prescription. They won't have it in stock, they can order it, it'll take a week. When I pick it up, I have to take it to the doctor so he can place it in their medicine grade fridge until I can make an appointment to come in for the jab.

And so I begin another health related odyssey .......
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 20 Jul 2018, 15:40

After having to attend Royal North Shore hospital 4 times this week I think the car wash in the multi storey car park should be replaced with a panel beater or a Specsavers store, based on some of the driving I've seen in the car park. Or maybe people should be drug tested before they return to their car? LOL

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender Bassman 500 and Neo 410

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

brooksi

Post by brooksi » 02 Aug 2018, 14:33

Well sometimes you bite the bear,and some times it bites you.I have been bitten, they just found two cancer spots in my liver. But at this time its only a minor bite mark, till we find out more