the end of gigging - update!

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
cleary

Re: the end of gigging - update!

Post by cleary » 03 Jul 2017, 16:36

MrMow wrote:
drbass wrote:
MrMow wrote:I'm stepping away for a while, I've left the 'real world' and have spent the last year working as an artist and have just been offered a tattoo apprenticeship, those things are hard as hell to get and really requires 100% of your life.. hence selling most of my gear.
42 and a total new start in life!
Congrats, Russell. Where will you be based?
Thanks! Fairly new studio in Mornington called the collective.. so now who wants crappy apprentice tattoos?! :D
Congrats on the change (and prospects!) - as a side note, is it just me or is it a little bit of a weird coincidence that within the last couple of weeks:
1. stonecoldbass interviewed Jonathon Maron, best known for his work in Groove Collective
2. ozrider joined a Perth based group called Groove Collective
3. MrMow starts tattoing at a place called The Collective (I guess you could say he's bringing the Groove there) -

Spooky!
GRay Bass Tuition :: Griffith NSW

ozrider

Post by ozrider » 03 Jul 2017, 16:42

That is spooky!!

Time for the conspiracy theory thread...

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 03 Jul 2017, 23:25

Soon you'll have had more comebacks than John Farnham!!
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

Ben B

Post by Ben B » 07 Jul 2017, 15:46

I played/toured a lot when i was younger, and when i was 22-23 i gave it up as i started working FIFO, bought a house etc,

I only kept my MIM Jazz, as it was a 21st present from my wife. Sold my SVT-CL and fridge etc, the whole lot.

2-3 years ago, it pulled that jazz out from its case, neck was bowed etc, every part on it was rusted yada yada, i rebuilt the whole guitar, bought a couple more, played in a couple of different bands, but now I'm playing in a rad band with my best friends, recording, writing, playing our first decent show back into it at the end of this month etc.

And to top is all off. My 14 month old son LOVES music. He's always on my electric drum kit bashing away but he's started playing with the strings etc on my basses in the rack. We're actually about to buy him one of those junior kits,

Im also getting more into actual music production etc, and starting to become kinda proficient @ logic. We're actually about to gut my studio, and re line it all with acoustic deadening gyp-rock, carpet, split system A/C etc, even building a booth for Vox/Drums etc.

In a nutshell, it's never over if you don't want it to be. I think i love playing more now than i did when we were in the back of a van for hours and days playing every night. No hangovers, and more $$$ is also a bonus haha.

Way to go for keeping at it, New band isn't my kind of sound but its more technically proficient than i am capable of.
Fender MIM Jazz - 1 x Black/1 x Oly white
Jackson Ellefson CBXV - 1 x Black/1 x silver
ESP GC04 x2
1994 EBMM Stingray 4
Ibanez SRFF805
Ibanez SR655
Peavey VB3/Peavey VB810
Peavey Max 115 combo
Line 6 Wireless/Sansamp BDDI/TC Electronics PT3