The funny thread

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
brooksi

Re: The funny thread

Post by brooksi » 28 Jul 2018, 09:26

"Late again!" The third-grade teacher sternly said to little Joe:
"It ain't my fault this time, Miss Russell. You can blame this on my Daddy. The reason I'm three hours late is my Daddy sleeps naked!"
Miss Russell had taught grammar school for 30-some-odd years. Despite her mounting fears, she asked little Robbie what he meant by that. Full of grins and mischief, and in the flower of his youth, little Joe and trouble were old friends but he always told the truth.
"You see, Miss Russell, out at the farm we got this here low down fox. The last few nights, he done ate six hens. Last night, when Daddy heard a noise out in the chicken pen, he grabbed his double barreled shot gun and said to my Ma, "That fox is back again... I'm a gonna git him!''
"Stay back!" Daddy whispered to all us kids!
"My Daddy was naked as a jaybird -- no boots, no pants, no shirt! To the hen house he crawled, just like an Injun on the snoop. Then, he stuck that double-barrelled 12-gauge shotgun through the window of the coop. As he stared into the darkness, with a fox on his mind, our old hound dog, Rip, had done gone and woke up and comes sneaking up behind Daddy. Then, as we all looked on, plumb helpless, old Rip done went and stuck his cold nose in my Daddy's crack!.....
Miss Russell, we all been pluckin' chickens since three o'clock this morning!"
Dream as if you'll live forever, live like you'll die today.
Powered by Pals, Motivated by Mates.

brooksi

Post by brooksi » 07 Aug 2018, 08:17

A lawyer, who had a wife and 12 children, needed to move because his rental agreement was terminated by the owner who wanted to reoccupy the home. But he was having a lot of difficulty finding a new house. When he said, he had 12 children; no one would rent a home to him because they felt that the children would destroy the place.
He couldn't say he had no children, because he couldn't lie we all know lawyers cannot and do not lie. So, he sent his wife for a walk to the cemetery with 11 of their kids. He took the remaining one with him to see rental homes with the real estate agent.
He loved one of the homes and the price was right -- the agent asked:
"How many children do you have?
He answered: "Twelve."
The agent asked, "Where are the others?"
The lawyer, with his best courtroom sad look answered “They're in the cemetery with their mother."

MORAL: It's not necessary to lie, one only has to choose the right words... and don't forget, most politicians are unfortunately lawyers.

brooksi

Post by brooksi » 16 Aug 2018, 07:58

Tiger Woods and Stevie Wonder are in a bar.
Tiger turns to Stevie and says, "How's the singing career going?
Stevie replies, "Not too bad. How's the golf?"
Woods replies, "Not too bad. I've had some problems with my swing but I think I've got that right now."
Stevie: "I always find that when my swing goes wrong, I need to stop playing for a while and not think about it. Then the next time I play, it seems to be all right."
Surprised, Tiger says, "You play GOLF?!!"
Stevie: "Yes, I've been playing for years."
Tiger: "But -- you're blind! How can you play golf if you can't see?"
Stevie: "Well, I get my caddie to stand in the middle of the fairway and call to me. I listen for the sound of his voice and play the ball towards him. Then, when I get to where the ball lands, the caddie moves
to the green or farther down the fairway and again I play the ball towards his voice."
"But, how do you putt?" asks Tiger.
"Well", says Stevie, "I get my caddie to lean down in front of the hole and call to me with his head on the ground and I just play the ball towards his voice."
Tiger: "What's your handicap?"
Stevie: "Well, actually -- I'm a scratch golfer."
Woods: incredulous - says to Stevie, "We've got to play a round sometime."
Stevie: "Well, people don't take me seriously so I only play for money. And I never play for less than $10,000 a hole. Is that a problem?"
Woods thinks about it and says, "I can afford that. OK - I'm game for that. $10,000 a hole is fine with me.
When would you like to play?"

Stevie: "You pick a night."

brooksi

Post by brooksi » 18 Sep 2018, 06:03

My cousin just called and asked if I would loan her $300.00 to help her pay her rent. Those who know me, know that I'm always willing to help out friends and family. I told her to give me some time to think about it and I would call her back. Before I called her back, my aunt called and told me that my cousin was lying and not to give her the money. She goes on to say that the real reason my cousin wanted the $300.00 was to get her boyfriend out of gaol so she could be under the same roof as him for his birthday. I thought about it for a minute and decided to give her the $300.00 because we all need help at times. So, I called my cousin and told her to come and get the money. A couple of hours later, I get a call from the Newcastle cells.. It was my cousin crying, screaming and asking why I gave her counterfeit money. My response...so you and your boyfriend could be under the same roof for his birthday! 🤣
Copy and paste if you laughed