I'm not a whinger, but............

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
Petebass

I'm not a whinger, but............

Post by Petebass » 27 Nov 2008, 12:23

... who's the idiot that walks around men's public toilets turning the hand dryers off at the power point? Of course I won't notice this until I've already washed my hands and they're dripping wet. So do I risk my life and flick the power on? Or do I just walk out with dripping wet hands, which of course guarantees I'll bump into someone more important than me who's opinion matters and they'll want to shake my hand.... which is of course damp and awful. And they've probably seen me leaving the toilet so the "I hope that's water on his hands" thought will inevitably cross their mind.

Your turn.
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

oliver

Re: I'm not a whinger, but............

Post by oliver » 27 Nov 2008, 12:33

Actually drying your hands under a hand dryer increases bacteria activity, so the "idiot" is doing you a service by keeping your hands cold.

Anti-bacterial handwash in handy pocket-sized bottles are readily available at supermarkets and are much better anyway. Most public toilets don't even have soap so there's not much point.

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 27 Nov 2008, 12:45

The real dilemma with public toilets is opening the door after washing and drying your hands, given that many people who have recently taken a dump would not have washed their hands on the way out. In that case, the anti-bac handwash is a good option, AFTER you're out the door.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 27 Nov 2008, 12:48

oliver wrote: Most public toilets don't even have soap so there's not much point.
Don't get me started on that one!!!!! I automatically scan for soap and toilet paper when I walk into a public toilet. I guess I'll just have to expand my checklist to include the hand dryer......
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

Soong

Post by Soong » 27 Nov 2008, 17:00

I've never encountered the hand dryer situation...although, i'm always finding myself with the cubicles with the previous guy too lazy to flush. No. 1 i can handle. When the leave the no.2...i start whinging.

Also, when al the corners of the troughs are taken up...something about the middle just isnt comfortable for me...and everyone else for that matter.
Keep in touch with me online!
Facebook
YouTube
Instagram

Mikey

Post by Mikey » 03 Dec 2008, 22:52

I was at Hoyts the other week and my movie was about to start. I was busting to go so I walked into the mens, ignoring the "out of order" sign on the door. "How can an entire group of toilets all be out of order?", I thought to myself as I entered. I walked hastily up to the urinal and began my business when a pungent, undeniably evil smell punched me in the nose. I took a look over my shoulder and saw a some muddy looking footprints on the floor coming out of a toilet stall and heading towards the sink. I finished up and decided to track the prints back to their source as the sheer strength of the odour had aroused my curiosity. As I peeked into the stall I saw an entire pile a poo on the floor. It was nowhere near the bowl. It wasn't as if someone had slipped and missed. They never even tried to aim for the bowl. They squeezed it out onto the floor half out of the stall, half in the walkway area. They then preceded to step in it, evident by the large footprint in the centre of the turd pile, and walk all the way to the sink, presumably to wash their hands. The irony of someone taking the time to wash their hands after crapping on the floor and walking it through the toilets was lost on me at the time. I left the toilet as quick as I could, being sure to avoid touching anything on the way out. I walked to the toilets all the way over to the other side of the mall and washed my hands for about 3 minutes before I was satisfied that there was no faecal matter on them.

There are two morals to this story. Firstly, there is always some idiot who will go out of their way to make things difficult for others. Secondly, if you see an "out of order" sign on a toilet there is probably a damn good reason not to go in there.