narcdor

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by narcdor » 12 Sep 2018, 14:00

Aussie Mark wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 13:22
narcdor wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 11:39
Let's get this thread back on track.

Dog owners who do not pick up after them. It's everywhere. Currently averaging one shoe cleaning per fortnight even being careful and constantly watching my feet when I walk on the grass near my place. Total ass hats. Grrrr!

The local council even increased the fine from $50 to $500 but they never seem to apply it.
Maybe it's not a dog?

Some look to be human sized yes, but those are easy to spot and avoid. Does seem like a thrilling hobby.

Oh and I'll just leave this here
Strings: Fender, Framus, Warwick, Custom
Knobs: Mesa, MarkBass
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar, T-Rex

drbass

Post by drbass » 12 Sep 2018, 14:10

narcdor wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 14:00
Aussie Mark wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 13:22

Maybe it's not a dog?

Some look to be human sized yes, but those are easy to spot and avoid. Does seem like a thrilling hobby.

Oh and I'll just leave this here
nooooooo - very inconsiderate, Nick!!

Regards,
Michael.
- Merlin “Kermit” 6 multi, Merlin Gaia 6 fretless, Merlin Rockmachine 5, Merlin NT5, Manta 5, Manta 5 YOLO, ("Red Baron" 5), Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 13 Sep 2018, 06:50

European cars - never again! This particular brand anyway, starting with B and ending in MW...... One small problem and a sensor picks up something from another sensor which is sniffing another sensor which activates an engine immobiliser, even if the problem is minor. To be fair it probably works nicely when the car is newish. But as the car ages and becomes less perfect, it's a major PITA. Grrr, I've had enough. I'm going back to Japanese!
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

basshack

Post by basshack » 13 Sep 2018, 12:00

My oldest wouldn't budge on a 318i for his first car. 2nd hand of course and it looked really nice and was cheaper than the brand new Hyundai etc. Couldn't talk him out of it and since we were financing it we took out insurance on the thing for breakdowns and repairs. That cost $1,200.00 for 5 years and covers everything, not wear and tear, up to a max of $2,000 per breakdown or repair. We just have to have it serviced with the dealer, no problem there as it's where I buy my cars and get them serviced anyway.

Long story short we had to call on the insurance as the car stopped working and it had to be towed just out of the dealers warranty. To me it looked like a fuel problem caused by overheating and I was close. Apparently a fuel flow sensor had failed and taken out the computer, it showed as an over temperature fault. Anyway it was off in the shop for 2 weeks while they got a new EMS from Belgium, because they are cheaper over there than locally. The repair bill was staggering but we had the insurance and it was the best money we spent on that car.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 13 Sep 2018, 13:07

the whole wiring loom on my mum's 1996 merc needs replacing as the plastic insulation has completely melted away. The car is not worth spending $3,000+ on. Body and interior are immaculate, sigh

driven 40 year old Holdens and never had this problem I replied to the mechanic saying "it's 22 years old man"
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

slowlearner

Post by slowlearner » 14 Sep 2018, 08:34

BazzBass wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 13:07
the whole wiring loom on my mum's 1996 merc needs replacing as the plastic insulation has completely melted away. The car is not worth spending $3,000+ on. Body and interior are immaculate, sigh

driven 40 year old Holdens and never had this problem I replied to the mechanic saying "it's 22 years old man"
If it's otherwise immaculate, and she loves driving it I'd say it is worth the investment. How many KMs has it done?
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."
My Band - https://www.facebook.com/PBT-1914426202220972/

slowlearner

Post by slowlearner » 14 Sep 2018, 08:37

Petebass wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 06:50
European cars - never again! This particular brand anyway, starting with B and ending in MW...... One small problem and a sensor picks up something from another sensor which is sniffing another sensor which activates an engine immobiliser, even if the problem is minor. To be fair it probably works nicely when the car is newish. But as the car ages and becomes less perfect, it's a major PITA. Grrr, I've had enough. I'm going back to Japanese!
The Germans are amateurs when it come to bad electronics. If you really want to experience bad electricals, buy French... or not.

We had a Pug wagon. Astonishing mechanicals, but one exhaust sensor caused so many headaches... and then half the air con stop working. Dual zone, ruzzen fuzzen.... grrrr. Why do they have to put dual zone in everything? Ridiculous. :rolleyes

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 14 Sep 2018, 12:31

slowlearner wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 08:34
If it's otherwise immaculate, and she loves driving it I'd say it is worth the investment. How many KMs has it done?
It looks good, but is a dog to drive,there is extensive damage to the engine as well. The panels are brand new coz mum kept crashing it and we kept fixing it. Time for a small Suzuki for her methinks :) She only kept it coz it was dad's last car before he passed away,nostalgia

slowlearner

Post by slowlearner » 14 Sep 2018, 13:38

Yeah, throw it on gumtree as a good potential engine swap project. LS the world! :D

basshack

Post by basshack » 14 Sep 2018, 14:40

BazzBass wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 12:31
slowlearner wrote:
It looks good, but is a dog to drive,there is extensive damage to the engine as well. The panels are brand new coz mum kept crashing it and we kept fixing it. Time for a small Suzuki for her methinks :) She only kept it coz it was dad's last car before he passed away,nostalgia
If mum keeps crashing it then maybe something a bit safer around her than a Suzi? My dad had lots of little accidents before the big one wrote the car off and almost him. The police came around a little while afterward and took his license away.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 14 Sep 2018, 15:23

basshack wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 14:40
BazzBass wrote:
slowlearner wrote:
If mum keeps crashing it then maybe something a bit safer around her than a Suzi? My dad had lots of little accidents before the big one wrote the car off and almost him. The police came around a little while afterward and took his license away.
yes, I should clarify, when I say crash, I mean little bingles with stobie poles when reversing out the driveway type crashes. She ran over our cement letter box, ran over it and the huge blob of cement it was mounted onto lol, destroyed the radiator,front grill, two 1/4 panels lol,thus the brand new body hehe

yeah I see the little Suzi type cars she wants and all I see is NO PROTECTION.

Might be time to sell both her merc and my 22 yo Commodore and buy a Mazda3 for us to share. Better protection, enough room for my bass gear......

RedVee

Post by RedVee » 14 Sep 2018, 21:10

basshack wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 14:40
BazzBass wrote:
slowlearner wrote:
I couldn’t get them to take Dads license. They compromised with a 10km from home clause.
He was in the inner west of Sydney about 16kms from the GPO... plenty of traffic for him to get in trouble in there. Anyway, no matter now.
Ibanez AEB10-BK; Feider P Bass; Challenge Bass; T'Bird Goth; Gibson T’Bird
Fender Rumble 15; Eminar Amps x2; Elfa 410 cab; GK CX115 cab; Zoom B2.1u & B3