Erics lightweight bass cabs in Sydney

Basses, Amps, Accessories etc...
pipsqeek

Re: Erics lightweight bass cabs in Sydney

Post by pipsqeek » 18 Jun 2018, 09:51

I bought one of his sealed 2x12 guitar cabs second hand. I didn't like the sound, it was a very resonant box and the tolex ripped so easily, I figured it was vinyl.

I haven't tried his bass cabs, but based on my experience with the guitar cab, along with the bass speaker choices he offers, and the cab design, I don't feel confident in his products.

He a nice, and very friendly guy. My guitar playing mates speak highly of him. And I don't doubt that. But a good bass cab maker? Questionable.
Musicman endorsee
Markbass endorsee
Facebook - Stuff I do
Instagram - Other stuff I do.

Famous quote - "Just press record and leave the camera alone until I'm standing next to you again." - Stef

ZonStatusAria

Post by ZonStatusAria » 18 Jun 2018, 09:56

ashdown rootmaster 2x12 bass cab could be a better option?

mcrawfordmusic

Post by mcrawfordmusic » 19 Jun 2018, 09:57

I've owned two of his EB112's and they were decent, but not my thing. I got by with them for a bunch of gigs until a better cab popped up for sale.
If i were you, i would go to the bass centre and try out a bunch of cabs. If you can't afford full retail, keep watching the classifieds on here until something pops up.

ZonStatusAria

Post by ZonStatusAria » 19 Jun 2018, 18:44

mcrawfordmusic wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 09:57
I've owned two of his EB112's and they were decent, but not my thing. I got by with them for a bunch of gigs until a better cab popped up for sale.
If i were you, i would go to the bass centre and try out a bunch of cabs. If you can't afford full retail, keep watching the classifieds on here until something pops up.
do you think it will do a bright and punchy bass sound well? i know that has a lot to do with bass and amp aswell. how did it sound for you?

i have no amp yet.

i have a schroder 2x12L too but i can't find a matching 1x12 cab or combo for it. something that will lock into the cabinet corner.
would like a taller rig setup. not keen on short cabs or rigs.

shayneotoole

Post by shayneotoole » 03 Nov 2018, 16:35

did anyone get any further with this thread?

sealdealers

Post by sealdealers » 23 Sep 2019, 12:59

I own one of these 2x12s with a tweeter (that can be turned off) and the neo drivers. It is a closed-back cabinet with no port. I run an Aguilar TH350 through it, and am very happy with the cabinet. It is light and sounds good. I have had no issues at all with low end as some posters are suggesting above. The one thing I do find is that the cab has a bit more high end then most 4x10s. I usually dial the treble on my amp back about 1/10 to compensate for this, and typically don't bother with the tweeter. For what it's worth, I gig fairly regularly and about 50% of the time I only bring my head to shows and use whatever cab is there, so I have had a chance to compare with quite a few cabs. This stacks up very nicely against most good quality 4x10s and is half the weight (useful for my ageing back). Is it as nice as a bergantino 2x12 (which I have played through)? No, but it's more than adequate for mid-sized club gigs and half the price. Tolex is quite durable, and build quality is very good. For what it's worth, the neo drivers have good midrange response compared to most bass speakers so it actually works quite well as a guitar cab (useful for me because I play guitar, too). YMMV, but I'd recommend these as a sensible, reasonably-priced option that supports a local builder. That said, if you're the type of player who wants to drop 2k on a cab, then this probably isn't for you.

Slapfest62

Post by Slapfest62 » 04 Oct 2019, 17:20

yeah , I've had a fairly lengthy conversation with Eric about his cabs,
and I think he seemed pretty switched on , but happy to do whatever I wanted.