Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
Wrenn

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by Wrenn » 28 Mar 2018, 19:38

I will be getting a bigger board as I “might” want to add an eq
but I’m happy with the setup atm :) :drinkingbuddies:
Band: PLATFORM http://www.facebook.com/PlatformBandSydney
Bass: LEJ 5/24
Head: Glockenklang Blue Soul/ Cab: Schroeder 1212
Combo: Hartke Kickback KB12

JimP

Post by JimP » 31 Mar 2018, 07:05

I spent 2017 researching and spending way too much on pedals for this synth bass rig, still with enough dirt to play with my teenage boys :grin: Now that finances have recovered (sort of) 2018 so far has been designing and building this 3 tier road case board to pull it all together. Haven't hooked everything up and tried it out yet (still need to sort out power and cabling) but thought I'd post this anyway seeing as the last bit of velcro went on yesterday. Pretty happy with how it's all working out, but I'm already wondering how I can squeeze just one more pedal on there :lol:

Fender 62 AVRI Jazz, Ampeg V4B, Ampeg SVT 212

benhill1982

Post by benhill1982 » 31 Mar 2018, 07:52

JimP wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 07:05
I spent 2017 researching and spending way too much on pedals for this synth bass rig, still with enough dirt to play with my teenage boys :grin: Now that finances have recovered (sort of) 2018 so far has been designing and building this 3 tier road case board to pull it all together. Haven't hooked everything up and tried it out yet (still need to sort out power and cabling) but thought I'd post this anyway seeing as the last bit of velcro went on yesterday. Pretty happy with how it's all working out, but I'm already wondering how I can squeeze just one more pedal on there :lol:
Do you use the Ravish Sitar on bass?
Bass: Sandberg, Dingwall, Sadowsky
Rig: Ampeg SVT-VR, Bergantino NV610T, Forte, Reference 322, HD322, IP310
Studio: Pro Tools, UAD, NI, Shure, AKG, Focusrite, Sleishman, DW, Sabian, Zildjian, Moog, Fender, Marshall

JimP

Post by JimP » 31 Mar 2018, 08:16

TBH I haven't played around with it yet. I like the sound of it on bass demos I've seen and bought this on impulse when it came up for sale. I'm hoping it will carve out a niche in a looping setup with the Infinity looper, with both the lead and the drone sounds. If not, it'll free up two pedals worth of space :)

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 31 Mar 2018, 10:16

That’s some Iron Ether love right there. I’m keen to try out the Nimbus and Xerograph. Is the idea with the flip up part those pedals are always on? I couldn’t see a switcher anywhere.
Strings: Fender, Framus, Warwick, Custom
Knobs: Mesa, MarkBass
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar, T-Rex

JimP

Post by JimP » 31 Mar 2018, 10:44

narcdor wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 10:16
That’s some Iron Ether love right there. I’m keen to try out the Nimbus and Xerograph. Is the idea with the flip up part those pedals are always on? I couldn’t see a switcher anywhere.
Always on, exactly. Both comps and HPF always on. I can just reach the HPF freq knob to adjust if needed when the top shelf is down. OC2 is in the loop of a booster/looper pedal on the middle row so it can stay undercover.

Haha yeah IE, it's true. I tried the moog mf101 LPF -sounded great but waaay too big. Same size issue with others like Tech21 BBC. Plus the IE stuff is so unique and sounds so good to my ears, with expression pedal options for synth sounds and top jacks means 6 pedals fit in the same space as 5 with side jacks.
Last edited by JimP on 31 Mar 2018, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 31 Mar 2018, 11:38

I’m about 90% of the way towards top jacks or no thanks keep looking. More builders have started doing this recently which makes me very happy!

JimP

Post by JimP » 31 Mar 2018, 11:52

Totally agree, it's not something I worried about initially but now I pay much more attention to jack position. I'm looking at EBS gold flat patch cables to see if I can squish one more pedal somewhere. I'd love to get my hands on a Fairfield Randy's Revenge ring mod (top jacks too, just a bit overweight)

Wrenn

Post by Wrenn » 31 Mar 2018, 12:13

JimP wrote:

My boards’ not even half the size of that whopper! :D :thumbup: :notworthy:

JimP

Post by JimP » 31 Mar 2018, 12:36

Must be something in the water up here! It had quite the growth spurt in the last year. Now it's doing my head in trying to figure out what order I should hook it all up :crazy:

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 31 Mar 2018, 13:17

JimP wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 11:52
Totally agree, it's not something I worried about initially but now I pay much more attention to jack position. I'm looking at EBS gold flat patch cables to see if I can squish one more pedal somewhere. I'd love to get my hands on a Fairfield Randy's Revenge ring mod (top jacks too, just a bit overweight)
I’m using EBS flat patch cables too, great for maximising space. Just the normal ones though, gold ones would be so much better, because they cost more right? I doubt I could tell the difference.

I’m using a PT nano so every mm counts!

Wrenn

Post by Wrenn » 31 Mar 2018, 14:41

JimP wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 12:36
Must be something in the water up here! It had quite the growth spurt in the last year. Now it's doing my head in trying to figure out what order I should hook it all up :crazy:
Ooh oohh group them by colours!!!

JimP

Post by JimP » 31 Mar 2018, 17:15

narcdor wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 13:17

I’m using EBS flat patch cables too, great for maximising space. Just the normal ones though, gold ones would be so much better, because they cost more right? I doubt I could tell the difference.

I’m using a PT nano so every mm counts!
I just checked and the housings on the gold (22,0 x 11,5 x 5,0 mm) are slightly smaller again than the original flat patch cable housings (30,0 x 13,0 x 6,0 mm)... good if you're into counting mm!
Wrenn wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 14:41

Ooh oohh group them by colours!!!
I'm a bit colour blind... might just arrange them smallest to biggest and see what happens

Wrenn

Post by Wrenn » 16 May 2018, 13:45

It’s starting to get heavier than my combo :shrug: 8| :angry: :rolf: :drinkingbuddies:

slave

Post by slave » 19 May 2018, 11:38

JimP wrote:
I spent 2017 researching and spending way too much on pedals .....
Holy cowbells! That is some serious IE love right there. I have a Xero dlx (the older one footswitch one) and Oxide. Great pedals, but I'd kick the Xero if I could get a Moog LPF in a smaller enclosure (Bring on a Mini-moog LPF!!!)
And 2 expressionators! Never seen that (100 points for you sir ;) )
That Infinity looks like so much fun.

Have you considered a Pog2? Besides octave, I use mine for volume swells all the time, which I find useful for droning and whacked out feedback with oscillating delays.

Hows the "You're Doom" compared to the Zues & Civil War?
Do you use the octave effect of the zeus, or just the OC2?
And why are you running 2 comps?
narcdor wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 11:38
I’m about 90% of the way towards top jacks or no thanks keep looking. More builders have started doing this recently which makes me very happy!
Yeah I used to think this way. I don't think you're in the minority either.
Heavy gigging over a few years made me realise that having my pedals a little further apart was better for me, so I have just made my pedalboards a bit bigger since then. There's been a few magic pedals I can't do without with sidejacks that I'm happy I didn't exclude due to a preference to jack position.