Foot Controller Zoom B3

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
ozrider

Re: Foot Controller Zoom B3

Post by ozrider » 02 Jul 2018, 01:56

packrat wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 00:49
Well, how many patches would you like direct access to? I have a b1on and I'd be interested in playing around with seeing what could be done with external control of it. I think the primary cost here is going to be the pedal interface itself.

B>
I'd say a min of 2 patches from each bank of patches. So maybe 4 buttons, two for patches, two for up down on each bank unless you could move the bank on the zoom itself. That way of the 10 banks can each have two patches I use. 2 is the max number of patches I would use in any particular song. Otherwise I would use at least 8 different patches (as I play my ukulele through the pedal too), but the 8 button board looks cramped with the double-up instead of a long bar with all buttons in one line.

ozrider

Post by ozrider » 02 Jul 2018, 01:57

packrat wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 01:04
clearly More Projects Are What I Need.
haha, I feel the same way too

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 02 Jul 2018, 13:09

SOMEtimes it's easier and far more flexible to just have the real pedals on a board. switch em on any way you want :)
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

packrat

Post by packrat » 02 Jul 2018, 13:37

BazzBass wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 13:09
SOMEtimes it's easier and far more flexible to just have the real pedals on a board. switch em on any way you want :)
I agree, and that's what my non-mini-practice setups look like, but this still seems interetsing. My nearest b1on is at work and I'm not today, or I'd go fetch it out and start hacking with one of the old rPis I have around (my next nearest is on another continent)

B>

cl8n

Post by cl8n » 03 Jul 2018, 00:54

This guy has been developing quite an interesting footswitch system and interface for Zoom pedals (inc. B3) for some time … I haven't followed him for a while but it looks like he has updates (i.e. from May 2018) … have a look at all of his videos though because what he does looks very interesting and opens up the B3 to the kind of flexibility and usability you are looking for … (also, check out all his videos on youtube as it takes a few of them to realise the full potential … he's not the most concise explainer or savvy salesman, but we'll forgive him for the great work he is doing :lol: )

… oh, and he is an Aussie, to boot :thumbup:

Jazz, T-bird, EB-2, Big Al, Carlo Robelli 8
Warwick LWA1000, Carlsbro, Eden Wt-405, GB Shuttle, Custom 115, GB XB410
Stompable noise makers

ozrider

Post by ozrider » 03 Jul 2018, 10:30

cl8n wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 00:54
This guy has been developing quite an interesting footswitch system and interface for Zoom pedals (inc. B3) for some time … I haven't followed him for a while but it looks like he has updates (i.e. from May 2018) … have a look at all of his videos though because what he does looks very interesting and opens up the B3 to the kind of flexibility and usability you are looking for … (also, check out all his videos on youtube as it takes a few of them to realise the full potential … he's not the most concise explainer or savvy salesman, but we'll forgive him for the great work he is doing :lol: )

… oh, and he is an Aussie, to boot :thumbup:
Hey thanks for this, I have been in touch with the guy on facebook, the units are available for sale. :thumbup: