In Ear Monitor system suggestions

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
absolutlytonedeaf

In Ear Monitor system suggestions

Post by absolutlytonedeaf » 03 Jan 2018, 15:53

Looking a getting a setup for my band.
who uses them and what brand would you suggest?
looking at getting 4 receiver system.

LowGroove

Re: In Ear Monitor system suggestions

Post by LowGroove » 06 Jan 2018, 10:03

I am in a similar position.

I have been seriously considering the Sennheiser EW 300 G3. It comes with 2 receivers per head unit (and you can run separate mono mixes to each). I have seen it as low as $1250 on sale but seems to be just above $1500 now.

However I have been wondering how the cheaper units compare and is it worth spending this much?

I have an Ashton IEM 250 which was going for $299. It has worked at rehearsals and at a gig or 2, but I am concerned about reliability. It is also the wrong frequency to be used anywhere in Australia. But I have had no issues to date.

I also plan to get Shure SE215's for the ear pieces (I have one already and find it a good compromise between cost and sound quality).

david1234

Post by david1234 » 06 Jan 2018, 10:36

For everyone except the lead singer, we're using Behringer PM1's. It requires guitarists to run 2 leads, which we cabletie together (a mic lead for ears and a guitar lead for guitar or bass). Cheap and effective, although movement is a bit trickier with the stiffer double lead than with a normal guitar lead.

Most of my bands use really cheap buds and are happy with the results. I'm using Futuresonics Atrios and like them too! Eventually I'll get some custom fitted ear buds, or get my Atrio's mounted in a custom mould.
:yep
O===
/ \

Endorsing artist: Warwick basses, Fender/SWR.

WestOfBen

Post by WestOfBen » 08 Jan 2018, 11:54

+1 for the Sennheiser gear. We use these at church, each side mono for two people if you don't need stereo.

I am using a pair of Shure SE 215s, the blue ones. They suit me just fine. A lot of people rag on them, "not enough bottom end etc etc". I don't actually want massive bottom end in my ears, it ends up muddy unless you spend thousands, and even then... I want a clear mix, detailed natural mids and highs. I can hear and feel any rumble just fine from the subs or my rig if I use it. I know the subs are there, so I actually don't need to hear subs in my ears.
Rickenbacker 4003JG, Epiphone Ripper, Marina P/J fretless, Tanglewood ABG, 1960s Rose Music Tempo SS semi-hollow bass, an acoustic guitar, GK 700RB-II, SWR Henry 8x8, some pedals
My band is called Ascribe!