need help identifying a bass/brand of bass

Electric, Acoustic, Double Bass, Bassists
Lukas86

need help identifying a bass/brand of bass

Post by Lukas86 » 10 Mar 2009, 16:47

Hey all,
this bass has been in the back of my mind. I first saw it at the falls festival, the guy from rocket science had one. It looked like a cross between a rick and a fender, body shape wise. Headstock was almost rectangular, like a rick, with two tuners on either side and as close as I could get, I saw what appeared to be the letter 'w' on the headstock.
I have googled pics from falls etc and look of the triple j website, however, most falls photos feature only the headliners.
The only other time I have seen this bass is on a Queens of the Stone Age film clip for the song 'little sister', where their bass player was playing one.

I couldn't even find a picture at time of posting to show..if anyone was at falls and can remember it, or has the patience to wathc the QOTSA clip on you tube or something, and help would be greatly appreciated.

Lukas

Derek_L

Re: need help identifying a bass/brand of bass

Post by Derek_L » 10 Mar 2009, 16:53

Only watched the first few seconds of the "little sister" video, but it kinda looks like a Danelectro (however you spell it haha)
G&L = <3

Rude_Mechanical

Post by Rude_Mechanical » 10 Mar 2009, 18:01

That, unless I'm sadly mistaken, is a Tym Guitars "Wosrite" bass.

c-
"Turn everything to 11, dump instruments in front of the amp and manipulate pedals for 5 minutes" - me.

Lukas86

Post by Lukas86 » 10 Mar 2009, 20:55

Thanks heaps. Its a 'Mosrite' bass, not wosrite. And tyms does have some. Must have been an 'M' on the headstock instead of a 'W'.

Rude_Mechanical

Post by Rude_Mechanical » 10 Mar 2009, 22:29

Tym makes Mosrite copies: Wosrites. He was my local shop for a while, when he only operated out of his house in Wooloongabba. With the W on the headstock, the guy from Rocket Science is definitely playing the copy. QOTSA have done business with Tym in the past, so it could be a copy in the clip or it could be an original - it's just too blurry to tell.

c-
"Turn everything to 11, dump instruments in front of the amp and manipulate pedals for 5 minutes" - me.