Latest Toys

Electric, Acoustic, Double Bass, Bassists
Alistair R

Latest Toys

Post by Alistair R » 30 Jan 2009, 17:19

Righteo lad's

For all of you with relatively small cabs like Berg 12s or the like here's your backs savior: This folding trolley is absolutely brilliant. Picked it up from Bunnings for $60. Rated at 90kg. :D :notworthy:

Also, for all of you considering a Mooradian double bag (Namely Rick) here's some very low quality pictures taken by my skillful self:

For everyone out there with a single Mooradian (Namely Dave :P) You should have bought a double :rolf:

And my latest toy:

PS Rick told me to post in basses xD
:drinkingbuddies:

Aussie Mark

Re: Latest Toys

Post by Aussie Mark » 30 Jan 2009, 18:29

Thanks for the pointer. Over at BABP we were just discussion the subject of hand trucks, and apparently that style of trolley is very common in the US, but I'd never seen them here. Great timing!

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

mkat

Post by mkat » 30 Jan 2009, 18:35

I would have thought electronics. The fold away idea is a nice one and good for small cabs as you say.
Michael
http://mklutherie.com

int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */

ScottyBoy

Post by ScottyBoy » 30 Jan 2009, 18:36

I usually keep a look out for those at Bunnings - Ive never seen em. I will drop $60 on that any day.
Greensquare used to sell a similar looking item but it was big $$$ and I am sure better quality. That is sweet, now I know what to look out for! thanks

Alistair R

Post by Alistair R » 30 Jan 2009, 18:40

ScottyBoy wrote:I usually keep a look out for those at Bunnings - Ive never seen em. I will drop $60 on that any day.
Greensquare used to sell a similar looking item but it was big $$$ and I am sure better quality. That is sweet, now I know what to look out for! thanks
Yeah maybe take a photo in I'm sure they'll order one in. Well worth it.

Rayle_Trail

Post by Rayle_Trail » 01 Feb 2009, 10:50

WOW I've been looking for that exact type of trolley for my berg! thanks for the heads up I will be heading there during the week!
There are 10 types of people; those that understand binary code, and those that don't.

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » 01 Feb 2009, 11:04

Alistair R wrote: Image

Awwww, what a cute racoon!

Mr_Dave

Post by Mr_Dave » 01 Feb 2009, 11:36

Alistair R wrote:Righteo lad's

*snip*

For everyone out there with a single Mooradian (Namely Dave :P) You should have bought a double :rolf:

*snip*
LOL, thanks mate, thanks :D i'd have to buy another bass first... or not sell the one i just bought :help

For anyone interested in a mooradian i can't recommend them enough. tough and simple...

and that trolley is a copy of a design by a German company called Braucke... i've always wanted one but they are very expensive. I've got a mate who's been using one for 5+ years and it's never missed a beat... brilliant piece of design work.

I work at the BassCentre
Fender, GK, Aguilar, Sadowsky, blah blah blah

rusty

Post by rusty » 01 Feb 2009, 11:45

Nice pussy shot! :peep:

Alistair R

Post by Alistair R » 01 Feb 2009, 17:11

Rusty, I love my pussy. We must catch up soon, been a while!

The original trolley looks super tough....

rodl2005

Post by rodl2005 » 02 Feb 2009, 11:07

That trolley looks great!! I've become a "trolley Afficianado" ;-) as of late!! I bought my 1st one when I 1st got mu VAN- where as B4 I had a station wagon & once all the gear was inside there wasn't really room for a trolley, but as the saying goes..... "once U have a trolley you never go back!" or is that sumthin' different...??? BUt anyway- since my Wife sings in most of the bands I play in- I have to take the PA- to most gigs anyway- So once I got a trolly......wow NO TURNING BACK!!! I've since stolen another trolley- well it was in an abondoned house & was rusty & had one wheel, so I fixed it up & it's my No.2 !! Then I saw advertised at Bunnings-on special at $30- a trolley with the possibilty to use as a flat bed type thing OR as a reg. hand trolley so I hadda have that. NOW I see this one above!!! Would be great for the smaller gigs & since it folds up SO small..... Hmmmm that'd make 4 trolleys!! Maybe then my trolley GAS'd go away!!?!?!?????
Mean & Surly

Rick

Post by Rick » 02 Feb 2009, 14:44

Just bought one of those trolleys, thanks for the heads up mate! It's great.

Rayle_Trail

Post by Rayle_Trail » 04 Feb 2009, 22:15

got one of the 60kg ones yesteryda! for my single AE112 berg, fits on great I just need to take care with the Jagged tray bottom otherwise it will take some serious resale value off the cab!
There are 10 types of people; those that understand binary code, and those that don't.

oliver

Post by oliver » 06 Feb 2009, 06:49

I too have now purchased one of these foldable trolleys, and today I'm really putting it through its paces. Got the Eden CXC210 combo and my gear box on the trolley, both tied down with straps. I managed to lug both of them from my place in Darlinghurst to the office in the CBD in about 40 minutes but it was a hard slog, given it's probably a 40kg load or thereabouts.

My only complaint is that the handle is not long enough. Maybe I'm taller than the average user, or you're not meant to be lugging combo amps around on it, but it wasn't the most comfortable walks I've ever had to work. Fortunately the gig this afternoon is only in Circular Quay so it's not too far. Just have to steel myself for the long walk home afterwards :(

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 06 Feb 2009, 07:31

oliver wrote:Fortunately the gig this afternoon is only in Circular Quay so it's not too far. Just have to steel myself for the long walk home afterwards :(
F**k that. If it's a paid gig, surely a taxi home is the go?

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals