NPBD

Electric, Acoustic, Double Bass, Bassists
bassbass

NPBD

Post by bassbass » 19 Oct 2018, 22:50

New Project Bass Day! :partydance:

$217. And that included a hard case, and delivery (syd to melb). The bass and the case are in great shape.

Surprised to see an '05 stamp on the neck heel. It looks much newer than this. I guess the owner was a learner who put it aside after 6 months or something. Plus I didn't know the Indonesian Cort factory had been around for that long. (Actually thanks to google, I now know the Surabaya factory has been around since '95!).

Some incredibly good stuff - the machine heads, the fretwork, the compound radius, the satin neck finish, the dual-action trussrod, the neat and accurate wood machining, the bridge-polepieces-neck allignment. :thumbup:
Some unbelievably crappy stuff - the clumsy preamp installation and rats nest wiring, the flake of wood that's actually embedded in the finish on the back, the fretboard extension that fouls on the pickguard so the neck heel doesn't screw all the way down, the tailpiece that is bent upwards and sits 1mm off the body!... :thumbdown

But hey, 200 bucks! I kinda need a 5 string for the covers band, but mostly I bought this to make videos for my channel... and I've got lots of mods and other stuff planned for her... :drool:
robkiddmusic.com
fb/robkiddmusicofficial

basshack

Re: NPBD

Post by basshack » 19 Oct 2018, 23:17

Nothing you can’t fix and as long as you don’t get too fussy a good buy.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

slowlearner

Post by slowlearner » 20 Oct 2018, 07:18

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Always liked corts.
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."
My Band - https://www.facebook.com/PBT-1914426202220972/

Classic5

Post by Classic5 » 20 Oct 2018, 10:15

Total bargain :thumbup:

And with you're skills and knowledge Rob, this is definitely gonna be a killer bass :yep

Looking forward to following this project.
IB-Classic#001, Xotic XJ-1T 5,Yamaha BB1024X
Glockenklang Blue Soul, Glockenklang Double, TecAmp Puma 112 Combo
"If you keep buying things you DON'T need, eventually you'll have to start selling things you DO need"