Stingray GAS

Electric, Acoustic, Double Bass, Bassists
can you hear me

Re: Stingray GAS

Post by can you hear me » 30 Apr 2016, 10:41

Petebass wrote:Speaking of P basses, another observation. Most (but not all) people who get along with Stingrays also get along with P basses - but not necessarily the other way around.That one is harder to explain :)
Hmm, I like the theories Pete. Especially the j bass, hard attack theory, because that is me. I loved my stingray HH but I would struggle to hear the g string at gigs, especially when the adrenaline (or beer meter) was up.

I also liked the narrower spacing and feel of my jazz basses, but I imagine stingray players would be able to find a lot of comfortable P necks, and P bass players maybe can't gel with the stingray tone? Just a theory....

There are so many different neck profiles and spacing options out there though that I think everyone can find something they gel with!

DanMan82

Post by DanMan82 » 30 Apr 2016, 15:26

ozrider wrote:
DanMan82 wrote:I can help you with your stingray GAS.... thinking of offloading mine so I can snap up a cab I've got my eye on.

Interested?

dear lord... that looks like my a carbon copy of my poor old '86 Ray that I sold and got beaten to death by someone with a penchant for sanding tools...

is that a trans cherry red kinda colour or opaque?
It's slightly transparent... very thick finish too, a bit has chipped off near the neck pocket.
Bass: USA G&L L-2000 / Fender Am Deluxe P / Fender Jaguar Bass / Fender Am Std P / Fender Bullet Deluxe
Amps: Fender Super Bassman 300 / MarkBass Ninja
Cab: Fender Neo 610 / Ampeg 810

obsidion12

Post by obsidion12 » 03 May 2016, 12:13

DanMan82 wrote:I can help you with your stingray GAS.... thinking of offloading mine so I can snap up a cab I've got my eye on.

Interested?

Oh wow, red is so pretty. I don't think I've actually seen a red Stingray before.

DanMan82

Post by DanMan82 » 03 May 2016, 12:21

obsidion12 wrote:

Interested?

Oh wow, red is so pretty. I don't think I've actually seen a red Stingray before.
Why just see a red one? You can own a red one!

> http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=20024
Bass: USA G&L L-2000 / Fender Am Deluxe P / Fender Jaguar Bass / Fender Am Std P / Fender Bullet Deluxe
Amps: Fender Super Bassman 300 / MarkBass Ninja
Cab: Fender Neo 610 / Ampeg 810

obsidion12

Post by obsidion12 » 03 May 2016, 14:04

DanMan82 wrote:
Why just see a red one? You can own a red one!

> http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=20024
Haha! Because I just traded a pretty sparkly green one in on a Dingwall... and I have two others (not red).