NBD - Bacchus Woodline DX4AC

Electric, Acoustic, Double Bass, Bassists
Post Reply
User avatar
SnowJambi
Posts: 31
Joined: 27 Oct 2016, 17:58

NBD - Bacchus Woodline DX4AC

Post by SnowJambi » 10 Aug 2019, 02:10

Well, not today but recently :p

I've probably played it for around 10-12 hours since Tuesday and I am incredibly happy with it. I also don't know why I waited so damn long to get a Jazz bass - I needed this sound in my life. It's also the easiest playing bass I own now, my Sandberg is great but turns out I absolutely love the thinner nut and string spacing, any future basses will also be 38mm I think.

I had a read a little about how good Bacchus apparently is on talkbass and decided screw it and just ordered it from Japan having never played one, best decision ever. In my opinion this bass exceeds far more expensive basses like Mayones, Suhr, Spector, and high end Warwicks that I've played at my local store, at a lower price too. Some of those basses may have needed a set up, who knows, but I haven't had this one set up either, just playing it as it straight out of the box and it's incredible. Probably the result of what just happened to end up as the perfect specs that fit me just right.

Can absolutely recommend Bacchus to anyone interested in them. This is the top of their line, the Handmade series, but I think the craft series is essentially the same quality for a bit of a lower price, also MIJ, while the global series is made in the Philippines but are apparently some great value for money.

Pics

Image
Image
Image
Image

packrat
Posts: 1125
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 02:17
Location: Sydney

Re: NBD - Bacchus Woodline DX4AC

Post by packrat » 10 Aug 2019, 03:41

What’s the weight like?

User avatar
SnowJambi
Posts: 31
Joined: 27 Oct 2016, 17:58

Re: NBD - Bacchus Woodline DX4AC

Post by SnowJambi » 10 Aug 2019, 14:52

Chucked it (and my other basses) on the bathroom scales - they really aren't accurate enough to say really. It first came up as 4.7kg which seemed excessive, then later it was 4.3kg so who knows. It feels way lighter on the shoulder than my Warwick 5 string but the scales had the Warwick along with my Sandberg at 3.9kg (I guess it moves in 400g increments). If the Warwick really is lighter I'd be surprised, it must be having to support the neck due to the awful neck dive that makes it feel so damn heavy. The Bacchus on the other hand is perfectly balanced, which adds to the comfort.

packrat
Posts: 1125
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 02:17
Location: Sydney

Re: NBD - Bacchus Woodline DX4AC

Post by packrat » 10 Aug 2019, 17:12

bathroom scales usually don't work on something as light as a bass. Try the scale with you with and without holding the bass.



B>

User avatar
Classic5
Posts: 4012
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 19:33
Location: Melbourne

Re: NBD - Bacchus Woodline DX4AC

Post by Classic5 » 11 Aug 2019, 14:51

Very nice bass.....congrats :thumbup:

I've had a Baccchus Woodline for years now and still love it. It's the Classic model so it's passive only, and I've since made a 66 Jazz neck for it.

IB-Classic#001, Xotic XJ-1T 5,Yamaha BB1024X
Glockenklang Blue Soul, Glockenklang Double, TecAmp Puma 112 Combo
"If you keep buying things you DON'T need, eventually you'll have to start selling things you DO need"

User avatar
noplanb
Posts: 1485
Joined: 04 Dec 2012, 22:00
Location: Adelaide

Re: NBD - Bacchus Woodline DX4AC

Post by noplanb » 12 Aug 2019, 22:51

Love the burled/knotted appearance and colour! Congrats.
Can you say how went with the CITES import restrictions on the rosewood? - did you import it direct?
I see..............basses!

User avatar
PilbaraBass
Posts: 15171
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 17:07
Location: Gladstone, QLD

Re: NBD - Bacchus Woodline DX4AC

Post by PilbaraBass » 14 Aug 2019, 18:48

packrat wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 17:12
bathroom scales usually don't work on something as light as a bass. Try the scale with you with and without holding the bass.



B>
This is how I weigh things like luggage and babies (yes, I actually have weighed both recently 😎)
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Yeah, I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road...
No ... I'm not really ... that would be dumb

kenn
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Aug 2015, 00:56

Re: NBD - Bacchus Woodline DX4AC

Post by kenn » 18 Aug 2019, 02:09

Saw one of them at an instrument store in Japan and instantly fell in love with it, came back home and quickly ordered a custom Woodline. It was pretty damm affordable even for a lefty version with 3 band active EQ. Its been a good 6-7 years since I got it and its still my main bass. Looks freaken beautiful too.

User avatar
blizzard
Posts: 811
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 23:03
Location: Brisbane

Re: NBD - Bacchus Woodline DX4AC

Post by blizzard » 19 Aug 2019, 16:39

kenn wrote:
18 Aug 2019, 02:09
Saw one of them at an instrument store in Japan and instantly fell in love with it, came back home and quickly ordered a custom Woodline. It was pretty damm affordable even for a lefty version with 3 band active EQ. Its been a good 6-7 years since I got it and its still my main bass. Looks freaken beautiful too.
Where did you order your bass through?

kenn
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Aug 2015, 00:56

Re: NBD - Bacchus Woodline DX4AC

Post by kenn » 19 Aug 2019, 23:59

blizzard wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 16:39
kenn wrote:
18 Aug 2019, 02:09
Saw one of them at an instrument store in Japan and instantly fell in love with it, came back home and quickly ordered a custom Woodline. It was pretty damm affordable even for a lefty version with 3 band active EQ. Its been a good 6-7 years since I got it and its still my main bass. Looks freaken beautiful too.
Where did you order your bass through?
If I remember correctly, there was a form on their website and I just filled that in.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest