NBD! Ibanez BTB 7 String...

Electric, Acoustic, Double Bass, Bassists
Post Reply
User avatar
FunkyJase
Posts: 1022
Joined: 12 Nov 2014, 08:52
Location: South East Melbourne
Contact:

NBD! Ibanez BTB 7 String...

Post by FunkyJase » 25 Apr 2019, 12:02

Got this on impulse via a trade for a Bacchus Jazz Bass.
It's ridiculous. I know nothing of how to properly use it but I can't put it down.
The neck is huge and the whole thing is pretty heavy but the neck is super straight with a very low action and sounds amazing...
Image
"If only you could have seen what I've seen with your eyes"
Roy Batty

Sandberg VS4, Ibanez BTB7, Fretless PJ, Frankenbass PJ, & 75' Fender Jazz Rip Off.

Markbass Big Bang, TTE800, Tecamp M212, Eden EX112x2,

termite
Posts: 14
Joined: 19 Nov 2016, 12:31

Re: NBD! Ibanez BTB 7 String...

Post by termite » 25 Apr 2019, 14:20

Wow, congratulations!
I've got a 5 string BTB which I love. I can't imagine playing a seven string!
What's it tuned to?
Regards
Gerard

termite
Posts: 14
Joined: 19 Nov 2016, 12:31

Re: NBD! Ibanez BTB 7 String...

Post by termite » 25 Apr 2019, 14:21

Oops, double post.

User avatar
DoctorJohn
Posts: 316
Joined: 30 May 2016, 13:10
Location: SA

Re: NBD! Ibanez BTB 7 String...

Post by DoctorJohn » 25 Apr 2019, 14:43

I’ve had the 6 string version of this bass. I always regretted selling it. Played quite a few gigs with it! The necks are really lovely on the btbs. I now have a sixer again but the newer 1606. It’s a beaut!

I think people might be daunted by a wide neck but the thin profile makes the Ibanez basses quite easy to play. And I found them to sound really good on stage.

User avatar
BazzBass
Posts: 3409
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 13:36
Location: Adelaide

Re: NBD! Ibanez BTB 7 String...

Post by BazzBass » 25 Apr 2019, 17:36

coz 5 string packs aren't expensive enough hehe

gorgeous bass err bass plus half a guitar
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, Hofner B Bass, SX J, Yamaha DTX400 drum kit
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

User avatar
slowlearner
Posts: 5982
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 14:30
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: NBD! Ibanez BTB 7 String...

Post by slowlearner » 25 Apr 2019, 17:54

FunkyJase wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 12:02
Got this on impulse via a trade for a Bacchus Jazz Bass.
It's ridiculous. I know nothing of how to properly use it but I can't put it down.
The neck is huge and the whole thing is pretty heavy but the neck is super straight with a very low action and sounds amazing...
Image
Ibanez are by far the most edgy production bass maker. Those BTBs are very well appointed. I can see the attraction. From the marks on the wall, looks like it's already drawn blood! :twisted:
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."
My Band - https://www.facebook.com/PBT-1914426202220972/

User avatar
FunkyJase
Posts: 1022
Joined: 12 Nov 2014, 08:52
Location: South East Melbourne
Contact:

Re: NBD! Ibanez BTB 7 String...

Post by FunkyJase » 25 Apr 2019, 19:13

termite wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 14:20
Wow, congratulations!
I've got a 5 string BTB which I love. I can't imagine playing a seven string!
What's it tuned to?
Regards
Gerard
For an Indonesian made production bass it feels like something you'd get at a custom shop he he

It's BEADGCF. I thought that was weird but it makes total sense once you play it. It's actually usually not as hard to play as I thought it would be...
"If only you could have seen what I've seen with your eyes"
Roy Batty

Sandberg VS4, Ibanez BTB7, Fretless PJ, Frankenbass PJ, & 75' Fender Jazz Rip Off.

Markbass Big Bang, TTE800, Tecamp M212, Eden EX112x2,

User avatar
FunkyJase
Posts: 1022
Joined: 12 Nov 2014, 08:52
Location: South East Melbourne
Contact:

Re: NBD! Ibanez BTB 7 String...

Post by FunkyJase » 25 Apr 2019, 19:15

slowlearner wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 17:54
FunkyJase wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 12:02
Got this on impulse via a trade for a Bacchus Jazz Bass.
It's ridiculous. I know nothing of how to properly use it but I can't put it down.
The neck is huge and the whole thing is pretty heavy but the neck is super straight with a very low action and sounds amazing...
Image
Ibanez are by far the most edgy production bass maker. Those BTBs are very well appointed. I can see the attraction. From the marks on the wall, looks like it's already drawn blood! :twisted:
Yeah it's incredibly well put together!
That's probably nail polish... the best thing about raising girls he he
"If only you could have seen what I've seen with your eyes"
Roy Batty

Sandberg VS4, Ibanez BTB7, Fretless PJ, Frankenbass PJ, & 75' Fender Jazz Rip Off.

Markbass Big Bang, TTE800, Tecamp M212, Eden EX112x2,

User avatar
ooda
Posts: 180
Joined: 25 Apr 2012, 00:09
Location: sydney
Contact:

Re: NBD! Ibanez BTB 7 String...

Post by ooda » 15 May 2019, 21:42

Awesome bass. I have a BTB 745 which is my main bass. Absolutely love it. The wide neck is so comfortable
2018 Ibanez BTB745
2010 Sterling by Music Ray 34 Silver Burst
1997 Korean Squire P Bass
2010 Ibanez SRA505
Hartke LH500 Head
Edan Nemesis 4x10 cab
TC Electronics BG250-112 combo
Line 6 G30 Wireless System

Band: Citizen of the World

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests