Sold: Fender CIJ Strat ST54-DMC/VSP $1250

Forum rules
Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.

WHAT YOU CAN SELL HERE: acoustic, electric, electronic instruments, any kind, as long as it makes music.

WHAT YOU CAN'T SELL HERE: Computers or software, the exception being the free software that come with a synthetiser you're selling and such items
Nigel

Sold: Fender CIJ Strat ST54-DMC/VSP $1250

Post by Nigel » 22 Jul 2017, 12:12

and its SOLD!

Maple board, 2 tone sunburst goodness on an ash body which has some lovely grain running burst finish - much better than the photos suggest. This is a Fuji-gen build serial puts it in 2007/08. The DMC code means Di Marzio Collection. This model came standard with DiMarzio pickups and USA wiring/electronics. The VSP stands for Very SPecial - yeah I know, very Japanese. These were only made for the Japanese domestic market. Matt from Saltmine flipped his lid a bit on this instrument when he did the setup there were a lot of small details that were hand done or specific to the original 54 model which they nailed on this one. These are on the high end of the CIJ instrument market. I've found two similar models both for sale for more than this plus import duties and postage was around $180. One from Japan will run around the $1600 mark. I'm in Sydney Saturday 29/7/17 if anyone is keen we can meet up somewhere.

This is an amazing instrument, unfortunately I keep hitting the volume knob while playing, something common with the ridiculously close volume knob placement on Fender Strats. Anyway I'm selling this to fund a Gibson ES335 or similar.

Incredibly clean instrument, one slight indent on the upper horn which is hard to see. Comes with original soft case and hang tag.

Mostly need cash to purchase another guitar but am happy to consider anything small and interesting as a partial trade.

Only pics I have at the moment.

Last edited by Nigel on 13 Aug 2017, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Mailloux Custom "Lucky 13", EA Doubler, Barefaced Midget 110, Mojo-Sonic 1x10.

Nigel

Re: Fender CIJ Strat ST54-DMC/VSP $1250

Post by Nigel » 29 Jul 2017, 17:40

bump

Nigel

Re: Fender CIJ Strat ST54-DMC/VSP $1250

Post by Nigel » 03 Aug 2017, 11:40

bump