WTB Drum machine

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.

WHAT YOU CAN SELL HERE: studio/home studio gear and live gear i.e. headphones, mixers, PA systems, studio effects, microphones etc...

WHAT YOU CANNOT SELL HERE: anything with instrument sounds (drum machines, synths etc...), computers, software. As an exception software can only be offered if it comes originally with the product sold i.e. drivers and software to run a multi track hardware recorder and such items
BazzBass

WTB Drum machine

Post by BazzBass » 23 Aug 2015, 13:58

Hiyas,

I'm after a drum machine to lay some beats down to help me come up with nice basslines for my acoustic trio .

Playing without drums really limits my ability to come up with nice basslines, a lot of my lines rely on locking in with a drum pattern

Doesn't matter if it's an old drum machine, if you've got one you don't need lemme know

cheers

Bazz
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, Player J Fretless,Hofner B Bass, SX J, Yamaha DTX400 drum kit
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

ozrider

Re: WTB Drum machine

Post by ozrider » 23 Aug 2015, 14:52

I've been wondering off and on about the beat buddy... did you look into that?

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 23 Aug 2015, 15:21

yeah, but $400 US is a bit steep, but they are bringing out a mini version in Dec for $200, I may get that if nothing turns up.
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, Player J Fretless,Hofner B Bass, SX J, Yamaha DTX400 drum kit

dagwood dawg

Post by dagwood dawg » 23 Aug 2015, 18:28

I've got a Zoom B2 that doesn't get no lovin no more :hmm

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 24 Aug 2015, 01:18

dagwood dawg wrote:I've got a Zoom B2 that doesn't get no lovin no more :hmm
I'll see your B2 and raise you a Boss Me50B multi FX unit that sits in it's box while I buy more and more pedals hehe

Paisley

Post by Paisley » 03 Sep 2015, 09:03

I'm pretty sure I've got an old Korg S-3 Drum Workstation here still; will check it out & see. They were a great unit in their day, & still a very nice machine to program, albeit a tad full-on to get to know (it's actually an 8 track sequencer as well). Funnily enough, I used it more than anything as part of a digital/analog sync setup in a recording studio, as it can read, write, and time offset SMPTE.

I'll shoot you a PM when I find it. :yep
Singer: What's up??
Bassist: F*****g Drummer detuned one of my strings!
Singer: Well, what's wrong with that?
Bassist: He won't tell me which one it is.....

cleary

Post by cleary » 03 Sep 2015, 11:10

Jack Stratton (vulfpeck) was raving about korg volca beats units 6 months or more ago. You can get them on ebay for $200 ish
GRay Bass Tuition :: Griffith NSW

Clusterpod

Post by Clusterpod » 03 Sep 2015, 12:33

Do you use a mac? Buy Logic.. the new "Drummer" is really excellent.

Cheaper than a drum machine and probably several hundred times more versatile!

edit: whoops, with the exchange rate, probably not cheaper. I hadn't realised. Still.
LeCompte TR6, '82 MIA Fender P Special, Maton JB4,
My Photography Blog

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 03 Sep 2015, 12:59

thanks paisley, I've replied to your PM

Cleary,you know I saw that unit in JB HiFi and ummed and ahhed for a couple of weeks. Finally decided to grab it,and JB no longer sell them!

Clusterpod, I don't have a DAW setup, I tried once with Protools Lite but it never worked on my lappy, all sorts of usb sound issues,yes,it's Windoze lol

thanks for all your suggestions

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 03 Sep 2015, 13:43

My teacher is using a Drum beat app on his phone at my lessons currently. $4 in the google play!
Gear:Fender I Quilter I Berg I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses: Fender I Gibson I Musicman I Warmoth l Squier I Aria Pro II

Bands: Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 03 Sep 2015, 19:50

problem is, Steve, that I'm still on the iPhone 3 and all new apps are for iphone 4 or 5 and above...

NotTheFish

Post by NotTheFish » 03 Sep 2015, 20:10

I'd be looking for a stand alone software drum machine to run on your lappy. Or maybe look into drum loops. I am sure you can find something that will work for you out there for free or very little..

Veldar

Post by Veldar » 11 Oct 2015, 22:10

I wouldn't actually buy a drum machine I'd just use a laptop with free Vst's or find some older apps that work with the iPhone 3.
Thanks to geggy spoiger for the Ken Smith