Order Your Tight Ar$e Here $39

Boutique bass guitar effects pedals that require no battery or power supply. Includes multi-channel boosters and drivers in a compact, aluminium casing with D.I. output.
bobbybdazzler

Order Your Tight Ar$e Here $39

Post by bobbybdazzler » 22 Mar 2016, 11:45

This, in my opinion is a must have item for any bassist playing live. Tame a boomy room or clean up a busy stage mix in one easy to use unit. Plug it in line, Adjust your tone to taste and rest easy knowing you have rid your drivers of any superfluous low frequency, driver destroying mud. Its simple and it works.

Heath is now taking orders for the single pole high pass filter both in kit form and as a complete unit. The price for both options is only $39 including Australian postage.

Specs

Single Pole
Fixed 20db cut to 30Hz and below
No Battery required
No Power needed
51 x 51x 32mm

Pictured below is the two pole unit with the switch on the front. The unit above will be single pole, without the switch. Honestly the 40db cut of the two pole position was way to much and of very little use in the real world.

Mod Edit: Payment Details added.
I (Heath) will PM all that want one with my bank details. No PayPal this time, please. Just make sure you add your name to the payment as reference, thanks.
Spector Euro5, Elmo ARB5, Eppi Thunderbird, Czech Bouble Bass
Mesa, Ampeg, Aguilar, Eden, TC Electronics, Orange, Genz Benz, GK, Trace, Line6, Golden Tone.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glitter-G ... 1390275343

Rocksolid

Re: Order Your Tight Ar$e Here $39

Post by Rocksolid » 22 Mar 2016, 12:01

Do we actually order here or do we go to the Cave website?

Can we get it in a different shaped enclosure if we wanted? I was thinking of having it the same foot print as a standard pedal (about the same as a boss pedal) and about 20mm high. It could be used like a pedal riser then and not take up real estate on your pedalboard. Just thinking out loud...
Gear:Fender I Quilter I Berg I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Boss I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses: Fender I Sandberg I Musicman I Warmoth l Squier I Aria Pro II

Bands: Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

bobbybdazzler

Post by bobbybdazzler » 22 Mar 2016, 12:23

Order here and ask questions here, Heath will be along shortly. That's a great a great idea with the box size Steve, I think Heath pics up his box's from somewhere like Jaycar, I'm not sure if that is a size that is available.
Mesa, Ampeg, Aguilar, Eden, TC Electronics, Orange, Genz Benz, GK, Trace, Line6, Golden Tone.

bassmaniac69

Post by bassmaniac69 » 22 Mar 2016, 13:25

Any thoughts on the best place to put this in a signal chain, or does it not matter? I run a rack rig with an effects loop setup (compressor/RBI) but also the occasional pedal board so my inclination would be the last thing in the signal chain in the effects loop?

Oh, and I'm in with a complete unit thanks!

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 22 Mar 2016, 13:34

I've used DIY versions of this for years for all sorts of audio applications. I've found they work well anywhere in the signal chain (before the amp of course). Passive filters will give you a small dip in signal strength, and that can muck up your effects settings, so I would put it after your effects pedals.
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 22 Mar 2016, 13:58

^if you stick a passive filter after an effects pedal and before any high-impedance input (so it doesn't load down the signal), you'll be OK...

most solid-state amps have high impedance inputs (in the 1M ohm range)... sometimes valve amp inputs aren't as high.
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Wrenn

Post by Wrenn » 22 Mar 2016, 14:31

I'm in for a finished unit thanks, Paypal ok?
Last edited by Wrenn on 22 Mar 2016, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
Band: PLATFORM http://www.facebook.com/PlatformBandSydney
Basses: LEJ 5/24
Head: Glockenklang Blue Soul/ Cab: Schroeder 1212
Combo: Hartke Kickback KB12

dagwood dawg

Post by dagwood dawg » 22 Mar 2016, 15:17

I'm keen for a finished unit

BigDaddy

Post by BigDaddy » 22 Mar 2016, 17:30

I'm in too - finished unit please!
Basses: Sandberg, Fender, SUB & Squier
Amps & Cabs: Ashdown, Ampeg, Tecamp & Aguilar

Phatbass

Post by Phatbass » 22 Mar 2016, 17:46

I'll have a finished unit please. Let me know payment details thanks.
Phatbass

"Better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt"

FahnCahn

Post by FahnCahn » 22 Mar 2016, 18:12

I'd like a finished unit too please...
BB1024X | BB424X | TRB4 | US Jazz | MIJ Jazz | Jazz V | Cort fretless | Cort P
DB751 | Fender Neo | Tecamp | Genz Benz

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 23 Mar 2016, 08:50

Hi Guys, and thanks for your interest in the Tight Arse HPF.

@ Rocksolid... cutting a 1590B case (MXR size) down to 20mm is not easy anymore! I've lost all my big machines from the past but will see what other cases are available (probably cost another $10...). Leave it with me.

If any of you are running the bass straight into your amp (no effects pedals), then I'd advise just soldering the circuit into the jack output on your bass. This would be very easy and save you money.

I'm trying to find a tube type casing that will encase the Tight Arse as an inline lead thingy. Haven't found one yet.

If we give it a week or so, then I'll PM all that want one with my bank details. No PayPal this time, please. Just make sure you add you name to the payment as reference, thanks.

Cheers
Heath

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 23 Mar 2016, 08:56

Hi Mark,

I did think of asking but you always say you've got enough Cave stuff!

I'll add you to the list, and no... you'll get a Tight Ar$e for your birthday! I'm sure I've missed a few?

Thanks mate
Heath

RedVee

Post by RedVee » 23 Mar 2016, 11:42

can I be honest and say I dont understand under what circumstanses I would need this?
but at $39 for a built one, I'm interested. lol

So, can someone PM me a link to a simple explanation/example of why i may need it, or not. Opposed to the technical explantions i'm finding on Dr Google.
Ibanez AEB10-BK; Feider P Bass; Challenge Bass; T'Bird Goth; Gibson T’Bird
Fender Rumble 15; Eminar Amps x2; Elfa 410 cab; GK CX115 cab; Zoom B2.1u & B3

bobbybdazzler

Post by bobbybdazzler » 23 Mar 2016, 12:59

RedVee wrote:can I be honest and say I dont understand under what circumstanses I would need this?
but at $39 for a built one, I'm interested. lol

So, can someone PM me a link to a simple explanation/example of why i may need it, or not. Opposed to the technical explantions i'm finding on Dr Google.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TacaSl6dimU

The Thumpinator is an awesome unit, it is powered and boosts the low mid region to make up for the loss of ultra low frequency, it also cost a whole bunch of our Australian dollars.
The Tight Ar$e is passive ie. it requires no power. You will experience a drop in the ultra low frequency's but will have to make this up by turning the bass or low mid knob on your amp slightly. You will appear to have more power on tap as your bass rig is not pushing out frequency's you cant hear and your drivers should last longer. I stick mine in the effects loop of any bass amp I am forced to loan out as an insurance that they wont pop the speakers by turning the bass up full at full volume.

Attention Tech heads: if i have any of this wrong please let me know.