"The Cave Monster'' Bass Pickup

Boutique bass guitar effects pedals that require no battery or power supply. Includes multi-channel boosters and drivers in a compact, aluminium casing with D.I. output.
basshack

Re: "The Cave Monster'' Bass Pickup

Post by basshack » 16 Jun 2015, 13:52

Hi Heath,

Haven't had any free time this week at all. Off to class tonight. I'll have a chat with David about the recovery method I am thinking about and if I'll on the right track then I'll post a picture up tonight.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

drbass

Post by drbass » 16 Jun 2015, 21:56

Looks great,

Very organised and a wiring diagram that even I might be able to follow. Will be interesting to hear Blaine's beast with this set of electronics.

Regards,
Michael
- Merlin “Kermit” 6 multi, Merlin Gaia 6 fretless, Merlin Rockmachine 5, Merlin NT5, Manta 5, Manta 5 YOLO, ("Red Baron" 5), Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3

basshack

Post by basshack » 17 Jun 2015, 23:15

So we were concerned about all the stuff fitting in the space? Here is the control package that Heath has sent down to do the job. The pots are sitting above their allocated holes in the body so space isn't going to be an issue, I have wired in tighter spaces than this before now. You should of seen Sneaky Jak's control enclosure. It's got individual volumes for the pups and a master volume, tone control, drive control and the impedance switcher. Simples!

And I think this is best wiring diagram I have seen in a very long time. You can't really go wrong following this and the fiddly bits are done for you with the capacitors already soldered onto the pots where needed so no overheating the pots and he's labelled each one so you get it in the right place. :thumbup:

Did you note the secret stuff is inside the little capsules. The prototype bass had a package that was going to need some serious routing to retrofit into a jazz bass. This redesign should fit in the space that's already there. Here is the little shorty Warmoth Jazz that I have to share with you guys, when Heath builds the kit for it, like the pedal tour of duty. There is plenty of room I think so you don't need to alter the instrument except for the extra knobs in the pick guard and that's a no brainer to bring the instrument back to original if that's your thing.

><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>