SMART?? SEND a bit DUMB?

Feedback from sales, stolen goods, dodgy sellers etc...
rodl2005

SMART?? SEND a bit DUMB?

Post by rodl2005 » 06 Apr 2011, 18:45

Well maybe just the TAS leg, BUT could happen anywhere with them....

I just sent an amp to MELB from Hobart- :angry: :banghead: It took 18 days to get there!! Thats Central Hobart to Melb suburbs! I could've rowed it there faster!

They'd apparently got a new (bad) contractor down here in TAS... but still- seems pretty slack to me..

:- that the item didn't EVEN SHOW ON electronic scanning for over 2 weeks

:- That when I asked for some sort of remuneration- as they quote 6-8 working days... I was offered 10% OFF my NEXT dealing with them?? WOW $8 :lol:

:- That WHEN I finally DID ask for my $$ back - after 2 weeks & one day of it NOT even showing up on their scans..... then (perhaps miraculously) I got an email that they'd 'FOUND IT' & it'll be delivered on the next working day....-MONDAY!!!

NOW the positives... -The amp DID arrive in good nic-(I packed it well & boxing was unmarked) HOPE it's all working!!! ;)
- They DID reply promptly to my emails.

I regard that as a NEGATIVE feedback result myself. And unless they DO something better than they offered, I'll not deal with them again....unless being down in this forsaken island leaves me no choice... But hopefully that won't happen

Cheers,
Rod
Mean & Surly

Aussie Mark

Re: SMART?? SEND a bit DUMB?

Post by Aussie Mark » 06 Apr 2011, 19:15

Sounds like it was their local contractor who screwed up. Smartsend mostly use Allied Express on the mainland, and I've always found them to be very good. The only time I had an issue was when they used TNT instead.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender Bassman 500 and Neo 410

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

carl0097

Post by carl0097 » 07 Apr 2011, 08:32

yep the amp did arrive well packed and sounds great couldnt be happier with it. So in all it was delivered with care but it took a very long time. And as i wasnt the customer (Rod payed them for the shipping) they answered all my questions with we are doing our best etc etc.
So yes they may be good mainland but there customer service and lack of some decent refund has left me feeling a lil sour towards the old smartsend crew.

Thanks again Rod for a killer amp love the amount of grit this thing can pull and with plenty of headroom
Aussie Mark wrote:I love someone with less GAS willpower and patience than me. Congrats on the new rig!

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 07 Apr 2011, 08:40

The One and only time I used these guys, they lost the package and it was never found. They are cheap though. I guess you get what you pay for......
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 07 Apr 2011, 08:57

Petebass wrote:The One and only time I used these guys, they lost the package and it was never found.
They do offer optional insurance now as part of the booking and payment process, for just a few dollars extra. Everybody who has bought a bass or amp from me on the forum has had it shipped via Smartsend, and so far there haven't been any issues. With any courier company there will be occasional problems, but so far I've been lucky.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender Bassman 500 and Neo 410

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

carl0097

Post by carl0097 » 07 Apr 2011, 08:59

yeah we got the extra assurance
lucky it didnt come down to that in the end
Aussie Mark wrote:I love someone with less GAS willpower and patience than me. Congrats on the new rig!

rodl2005

Post by rodl2005 » 07 Apr 2011, 09:56

+1 I was REAL glad I got the 'assurance' & EVEN gladder the amp arrived safely. & I DO unna stand it was their "new contractor" etc..etc... but gee.... after a 'guarantee of 6-8 working days & a "10% OFF yr next booking" offer was a bit on the smelly side of Customer service IMO.
jeez Loiuse- lost & never found!!!!???? YIKES!!!! Pete- my condolences!

& REAL glad you're liking the Amp Carl.....

& now that I've been given a warning re my back from Dr Chiropractor :-/ I'm really regretting letting that go! :-( BUT GLAD it's gone to a good home.
My back feels fine, just - last Sat week I couldn't move for 75% of the day... 'tis work related- not so much to do with bass gear the Dr said.... I REALLY don't wanna get rid of all my heavy gear!!!! I don't even FIND it that heavy... hence my keeping the '91 SVTII. DAMN!!! Hope the physio works!
Mean & Surly

jcburn

Post by jcburn » 08 Apr 2011, 13:45

I realise I am reviving an old thread but I am feeling like posting a thread on Fastway. This isn't bass/music related. I sold an iPhone and used them to transfer it to Melbourne from Hobart. That was 1/12/2010. It never got there and since I have been ringing every week to find out whats going on. Different stories every week, "you need to submit this, you need to submit that, their computers crashed, weve found it, it got delivered, it got picked up, its in the hands of the claims people, we lost the claim" etc etc et..bloody..cetera.
I have threatened them with small claims. They just seem to be stuffing me around. I refunded the guy that bought it so I am the only one who lost out. The different depots are all different franchises and from what I can see dont work together and are all as rude and hopeless as each other.
I post this as only my opinion but if I lost something and admitted such (which Fastway have done to me through there own process) I would be either replacing the item or compensating the person.
'97 G&L L2000. '95 G&L L2000. Fender Frank Bello. Yamaha TRB4
Warwick Quad VI. Warwick Tubepath 5.1. Hartke LH500.
Ashdown ABM 410 x 2
Line 6 G30. Dunlop Bass Crybaby Wah. EBS Billy Sheehan Dlx. MXR M80 DI+. DSM Noisemaker OCSD.

rodl2005

Post by rodl2005 » 20 Apr 2011, 16:11

Awww man JC that SUX!!!! I'll ask a mate of mine who has a LOTTA experience in these sorts of things & get back 2 ya.
Mean & Surly

LimeB

Post by LimeB » 20 Apr 2011, 18:44

My own experience with fastway ( Bendigo) has been excellent I have to say, and I have recommended them a lot. It is a network of individual businesses though, so sounds like you struck a pretty dodgy agent.

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 21 Apr 2011, 09:35

Yep, we used Smartsend when adomaa sent me an amp and cab (2 pkgs). It made it from Melbourne to Gladstone in 3 DAYS! Totally unscathed, but then Adam packed it like a tank, too. I believe the carrier was Allied Express.
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 21 Apr 2011, 09:46

the message I'm getting from all of this is that it seems to all be a bit hit and miss, regardless of who you use.
There are some worse than others, and I'm hearing that TNT is in the "worse" category.

as a lesson, ALWAYS take the insurance.
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

rodl2005

Post by rodl2005 » 13 May 2011, 17:50

Got ANother!!!! DON't USE SMART SEND!!! near 4 weeks to get an amp from TAS to WA???????

Arrived Perth 2/5th Delivered to Metro Perth 12th/5th 10 days of sitting in a warehouse. Wait till U see the pics!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mean & Surly

weemac

Post by weemac » 13 May 2011, 19:29

I think Smart send mean well, but they seem to have bad comunication with their contractors. And you get the joker turning up on the wrong day at the wrong time to collect stuff.

E-go might be worth a look too... http://www.e-go.com.au/home.do;jsession ... 95C92A9160

emac.
Endorser of Cave Passive Pedals (just so you know)
BMR: Blorf My Rig!

Oh! And I woz the chap behind Polymack Basses....

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 13 May 2011, 20:26

rodl2005 wrote: Wait till U see the pics!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did they kill it?
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546