WTB: Cave Tight Ar$e (Version 2)

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means For Sale/Trade/Wanted threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
Paisley

WTB: Cave Tight Ar$e (Version 2)

Post by Paisley » 16 Oct 2018, 07:09

Keen to try a Cave Tight Ar$e 2; looks like I just missed out on one here recently! :banghead:

Anyone else looking to sell one?
Last edited by Paisley on 18 Oct 2018, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.
BASSES: Spector; Fender; Yamaha; G&L; Alembic; Ibanez; Jerry Jones; Danelectro; Rickenbacker; Ergo; ESP; Kraken; DeArmond.
AMPS: Acoustic; Ashdown; Ampeg; Eden; Epifani; Markbass

JimP

Re: WTB: Cave Tight Ar$e

Post by JimP » 16 Oct 2018, 12:41

There's an fdeck hpf for sale on FB. Needs 9v power, unlike the cave, but has more flexibility.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4722746 ... 3551495995
Fender 62 AVRI Jazz, Ampeg V4B, Ampeg SVT 212

slave

Post by slave » 16 Oct 2018, 20:29

I ended up buying a Fishman Stage just recently - it's a preamp for bass or guitar with phantom power, battery or 9v. It's also got all the useful stuff like phase-switch, HPF with 3 settings etc.
https://www.fishman.com/products/series ... og-preamp/
I was hunting for a F-deck for a while but I think I'm happy with this.

basshack

Post by basshack » 16 Oct 2018, 23:03

If you want to try one and see if you need to find one of your own or something more sophisticated then I have a spare I could loan you.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

Paisley

Re: WTB: Cave Tight Ar$e (Version 2)

Post by Paisley » 18 Oct 2018, 08:21

Bit of an update: I'm now specifically after the TA-2 with the variable control; from what I've read I believe the 1st version is fixed at 30Hz (someone correct me if I'm wrong), & I've just discovered that my Eden WT-550 appears to already have a 30Hz HPF built in.
BASSES: Spector; Fender; Yamaha; G&L; Alembic; Ibanez; Jerry Jones; Danelectro; Rickenbacker; Ergo; ESP; Kraken; DeArmond.

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 18 Oct 2018, 13:32

Paisley wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 08:21
Bit of an update: I'm now specifically after the TA-2 with the variable control; from what I've read I believe the 1st version is fixed at 30Hz (someone correct me if I'm wrong),
correctamundo

Expect a few TA2s to become available once Heath has time to build the powered version, then again, maybe not, not needing power is a huge plus
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

Paisley

Post by Paisley » 18 Oct 2018, 14:01

BazzBass wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 13:32
Expect a few TA2s to become available once Heath has time to build the powered version, then again, maybe not, not needing power is a huge plus
Exactly; that's one of the main things appealing to me over something like, say, the F-Deck. When I don't need it, it's one less thing in the line; when I do, it's just a matter of whipping that & a patch lead out of the leads case, & thirty seconds later I'm up & running.
:thumbup:

basshack

Post by basshack » 18 Oct 2018, 21:50

Mines a V1, No.25 to be exact, so yes it's fixed at 30htz.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

skullsplitter

Post by skullsplitter » 19 Oct 2018, 11:11

I can lend you a V2 for a month or so if you want to give it a good tryout. My main use for it is wiping off the really low stuff that hurts my ears when I do headphone practice via computer, guess I can do that via ye olde brown Boss bass eq for a while.

TBH I don't really like it in front of an amp. Not sure if it loads the pickups but it seems that way to me. I'd rather just tweak my amp. Possibly not an issue with a buffered pedal in front of it or possibly I have crap ears :shrug:

Heading from outer east into Brunswick late tomorrow arvo if you want it and that's any good.

Paisley

Post by Paisley » 21 Oct 2018, 19:17

skullsplitter wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 11:11
I can lend you a V2 for a month or so if you want to give it a good tryout. My main use for it is wiping off the really low stuff that hurts my ears when I do headphone practice via computer, guess I can do that via ye olde brown Boss bass eq for a while.

TBH I don't really like it in front of an amp. Not sure if it loads the pickups but it seems that way to me. I'd rather just tweak my amp. Possibly not an issue with a buffered pedal in front of it or possibly I have crap ears :shrug:

Heading from outer east into Brunswick late tomorrow arvo if you want it and that's any good.
Hey mate, thanks for the offer; sorry I didn't see this message until now.
It looks like I'm sorted for a TA now; just have to pick it up when I get a chance. Just out of interest, whereabouts are you in the outer east? I'm out that way too; might be able to quickly try it out before I buy this other one & make sure it'll do what I want.
:yep :thumbup: