WTB: Upright Bass Strings

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means For Sale/Trade/Wanted threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
Paisley

WTB: Upright Bass Strings

Post by Paisley » 14 Feb 2018, 10:31

Looking to buy some Upright Bass Strings; either 3/4 size or 1/2 size.
Either Orchestral or Contemporary is fine; I'm looking to experiment a bit over time with a EUB, so the more I can try out (without spending a few hundred $$$ a pop) the better. :)
BASSES: Spector; Fender; Yamaha; G&L; Alembic; Ibanez; Jerry Jones; Danelectro; Rickenbacker; Ergo; ESP; Kraken; DeArmond.
AMPS: Acoustic; Ashdown; Ampeg; Eden; Epifani; Markbass

BazzBass

Re: WTB: Upright Bass Strings

Post by BazzBass » 14 Feb 2018, 12:29

every time I think about getting a DB I remember that I hate paying $80 for a set of electric bass strings, let alone that much for just ONE DB string. Yikes :)
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

vin-tone

Post by vin-tone » 14 Feb 2018, 12:30

I've got a set of hybrids for spares - thinking about trying some guts
Warwick SS2, Fender 63AVRI, Eberhard Meinel Upright > Markbass & AI Coda

Alec

Post by Alec » 19 Feb 2018, 23:42

Are you after 4 or 5 strings?
I have an unopened 4 string set of Helicore Solos. They're tuned a whole step higher - F# B E A. Obviously you can downtune them back to standard and get lighter tension. $135.

Paisley

Post by Paisley » 21 Feb 2018, 07:58

Alec wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 23:42
Are you after 4 or 5 strings?
I have an unopened 4 string set of Helicore Solos. They're tuned a whole step higher - F# B E A. Obviously you can downtune them back to standard and get lighter tension. $135.
A 5 string set would be great, but I'm fine with 4 strings sets at this point as I'm really just wanting to test the waters with some different strings; I rarely use the B string on the EUB anyway, but that's probably a lot to do with the tension (or lack of) of the B string that's currently on there. In fact it could work out better starting with a 4 string set; I'm thinking that a medium tension set with a high tension B string would be a good combo.
:hmm

Thanks for the offer of the Solos. I'll look into them, but I think the tension might be a bit light for me once I tune them to concert pitch. Will check them out & let you know though.
:)
BASSES: Spector; Fender; Yamaha; G&L; Alembic; Ibanez; Jerry Jones; Danelectro; Rickenbacker; Ergo; ESP; Kraken; DeArmond.
AMPS: Acoustic; Ashdown; Ampeg; Eden; Epifani; Markbass

Imaidan

Post by Imaidan » 21 Feb 2018, 09:10

I have some D'Addario Helicore Hybrids I'm not using.
I'm in Brisbane but would be pretty easy to post.
(Seems the packaging has changed since I got these. Mine are in the older green pack but I don't think they've changed the strings.)
F bass BN5 (Ash/Maple), '98 Ken Smith Burner 5, Godin A5 Ultra fretless, '77 Greco P w flats, '83 Maton JB-IV fretless, USA parts Jazz, Spector Rebop 5
Puma 500, Epifani 902c
fEARful 12/6, Epifani UL1 210
Zoom B3, Copilot Cubic, EBS WahOne.