FS only: Demeter 300W Valve Amp

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
basshack

FS only: Demeter 300W Valve Amp

Post by basshack » 18 Sep 2018, 08:03

As flagged in another post, and because it's getting a bit of attention from that post, here is details on the Demeter Amp for anyone else interested.

From the Demeter website

Designed for heavy duty use, the VTHF-300M is equally at home in the studio or on the road. Its all tube high fidelity design rivals and surpasses the sound quality of many of the so-called audiophile amplifiers, yet sells for substantially less. Its awesome power (300 W RMS pentode/150 W triode) can run any speaker through its paces with the accuracy, definition and fullness that only tube amplifiers can deliver. Featuring a custom designed and high current bifiler audio output transformer, regulated B+ to the preamplifier section, individual output tube bias for long tube life, pentode/triode switch, variable feedback control, heavy duty binding posts, gold plated RCA input connector (1/4 phono and Jensen balanced 3-pin also available), optional two speed fan, toroidal power transformer, solid power supply (880 mf @ 800 volts), Demeter selected tubes, a beautiful heavy duty aluminum and steel chassis, all hand built construction in the U.S.A. using only the best quality components.

Specifications
Output power: 300 watts RMS pentode / 150 watts RMS triode
Output impedance: 4 and 8ohms
Nominal input impedance: 100kohms
THD: Less than 0.05 @ 1 watt
Bandwidth: 20 to 20 kHz - .7dB
Preamp tubes: 1 - 12AX7a, 1 - 12AT7a
Power tubes: 8 - Svetlana 6550c
Mounting: 4 space standard rack
Operating voltage: 240/120V AC
Dimensions: 7" x 19" x 12"

I have it racked in a Gator 8 space rack at present but I also have a heavy duty 4 space enclosure I can put it in to if your interested. This one has the fan option installed and the 1/4 phono input with binding posts for the output. I have a fly lead to speakon male I made up for it. I was going to put a speakon into it but never got around to it since it doesn't go anywhere.

Pictures to come later today but it looks like the one on the Demeter website. There is a cover over the bias adjustment screws the picture doesn't show.

http://www.demeteramps.com/index.php?ro ... duct_id=75

Located a bit north of Melbourne and I'm looking for something between $1,500 and $2,000. I can pack it for transport at your expense but it is heavy. They don't say and I haven't weighed it but it has to be ~30kg.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

narcdor

Re: FS only: Demeter 300W Valve Amp

Post by narcdor » 18 Sep 2018, 10:14

Ooooh err.... this is my dream all tube power amp. I canna lift it at that weight and it's too nice to stay home, so I don't really have a use for it unfortunately. Would sound killer with the hellborg pre on ebay right now.
Strings: Fender, Custom, Framus, Warwick
Knobs: Mesa, MarkBass
Cones: Baer
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar

Lucasade

Post by Lucasade » 18 Sep 2018, 10:26

Wow, so much super high end gear on the amps page at the moment! Everyone on this page settle down for my wallet's sake. GLWTS.

Classic5

Post by Classic5 » 18 Sep 2018, 20:54

Seriously, this is a beast of a power amp. :cool:

No compromise in building this baby that's for sure :yep
IB-Classic#001, Xotic XJ-1T 5,Yamaha BB1024X
Glockenklang Blue Soul, Glockenklang Double, TecAmp Puma 112 Combo
"If you keep buying things you DON'T need, eventually you'll have to start selling things you DO need"

basshack

Post by basshack » 21 Sep 2018, 20:40

Bump for the weekend. I’ll put it on evilbay shortly.

basshack

Post by basshack » 01 Oct 2018, 21:07

haven't got around to posting this anywhere else bump

joel

Post by joel » 11 Oct 2018, 09:45

We sold these at Bass People - really amazing power amps - so huge sounding.

basshack

Post by basshack » 11 Oct 2018, 10:40

I brought it from you guys during the shutting down sales along with a lot of books, CD's and stuff.

joel

Post by joel » 14 Nov 2018, 21:29

basshack wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 10:40
I brought it from you guys during the shutting down sales along with a lot of books, CD's and stuff.
that makes sense :-)

so much great gear in that shop. shame i have to go all the way to melbourne now to check out something like it.

JB