In addition to the modifications mentioned above, other items that I have replaced with new replica parts from Fliptops.net since 2010 are -
* A new Jensen C12N speaker to replace the non-standard Etone that was in it when I bought it
* New latches for the cabinet
* New cabinet corners
* New sealing strips where the amp joins the cab
* A new Ampeg logo on the cabinet
* New cabinet feet (between the cab and the dolly)
* New handle
* New control knobs
* New acoustic foam inside the cabinet
* New dust cover
The above replacement parts and the 240v output transformer conversion cost me more than $800, so you're getting a vintage fliptop that looks the part and performs perfectly.
This amp sounds wonderfully fat and warm when pushed, which is why it is such a fabulous recording amp. Recording sample here -
I can't imagine there would be any more than a handful of these in Australia, so this is your chance to own a rare piece of bass history.
Price for OzBassers only is $1,600 (final discount and very firm) - it is also advertised on Facebook and eBay for more than this. Pickup is at Melrose Park in Sydney (near West Ryde/Meadowbank). I am happy to accept payment via instalments on a lay-by basis (ie. the amp is yours once the full amount has been paid).