Sold.

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
bassbass

Sold.

Post by bassbass » 04 Jun 2018, 17:23

Hi everyone. Sad to sell this, but I have to I'm afraid.

Excellent Condition. Works perfectly. No hum, hiss, or scratchy pots. Incredible tone. Very original. Never modified. 6 (of 7) valves are original! (Unheard of for a 42 year old fender.) One filter cap has been replaced, but all other jacks, pots, switches, electronic parts are original. The vinyl has had 2 tiny repairs. The (notoriously flimsy) rear panel has been neatly reinforced with two lengths of ash. The master vol knob may have been replaced. (It looks slightly newer than the others.)

I've had this checked and cleaned by a reputable amp tech.

$1200 Prefer pickup (from Elwood, Vic), but could organise postage at buyer's expense. (I would prefer bus freight for something like this.)

Cheers!

Last edited by bassbass on 10 Jul 2018, 15:08, edited 2 times in total.
robkiddmusic.com
fb/robkiddmusicofficial

veebass

Re: FS: 1976 Fender Bassman. VGC.

Post by veebass » 04 Jun 2018, 19:09

GLWTS- I had one about the same vintage for many years. That's a pic of it in my Avatar.
Sublime tone IMHO.

A guitarist bought mine.
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

bassbass

Post by bassbass » 17 Jun 2018, 14:22

Bump.

Plus... At the request of a potential buyer, I removed the cap cover this morning and found that one of the filter caps has been replaced at some stage. So I've reworded the ad. Apologies. An honest mistake. But, this is still very close to original and it is a really beautiful amp.

Cheers.
robkiddmusic.com
fb/robkiddmusicofficial

pipsqeek

Post by pipsqeek » 18 Jun 2018, 09:55

What a beauty. If I wasn't happy with my Bassman 50, I'd grab this. I'm surprised that the original tube aren't microphonic at best. Incredible.
Facebook - For the latest gigs
Instagram - For what I'm cooking in the kitchen and the pedal workshop
Twitter - a mix of all of the above

Famous quote - "Just press record and leave the camera alone until I'm standing next to you again." - Stef

bassbass

Post by bassbass » 18 Jun 2018, 23:31

I bought this from an elderly gentleman in a country town when I was on tour quite a few years ago. He was a lovely bloke with a home studio set up and all sorts of interesting (but dusty) music gear. I got the feeling this (and a lot of his gear) had barely been used in 20, maybe 30 years! Then when I got to Brissy, I had John Ratajczyk clean/check/test it. I do a bit of tech work myself of course, but rarely with valve stuff. And John is Brisbane's valve amp guru. Every city has one! The valve that's been replaced, he said he hadn't seen one like that "since the 80's". (His words...)

The pieces of ash on the rear cover were my work. These rear panels are really flimsy. Sort of coarse mdf or fine chipboard material. The rods look like they are just stuck on over the vinyl, but in fact, the vinyl has been trimmed and the timber spars have been glued to the chipboard stuff directly. It just gave me a bit more confidence when I was transporting it with lead bags and speakers etc in the car.
robkiddmusic.com
fb/robkiddmusicofficial

LimeB

Post by LimeB » 19 Jun 2018, 01:50

I bet it smells nice as it warms up.

BigDH

Post by BigDH » 23 Jun 2018, 17:18

Was my 1st amp - along with the matching 4 x 12 cab with the weird separate panels for each speaker inside.
Derek

bassbass

Post by bassbass » 25 Jun 2018, 14:52

matching 4 x 12
Cool. These amps have always been popular with guitarists of course. But I think bassists of my age tend to recall these old amps with a warm, fuzzy mid rangey tone. But that is really from the old cabs of the 70's and 80's. An amp like this with a modern bass speaker box is bright, clear, punchy.
robkiddmusic.com
fb/robkiddmusicofficial

bassbass

Re: Sold.

Post by bassbass » 10 Jul 2018, 15:09

Sold.

Cheers.
robkiddmusic.com
fb/robkiddmusicofficial