WTB - custom shop jazz

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
rictrose

WTB - custom shop jazz

Post by rictrose » 03 Oct 2018, 11:11

anyone got one they want to sell?

no stack knobs though - 62 or 64 preferred.

cheers

onehandclapping

Re: WTB - custom shop jazz

Post by onehandclapping » 04 Oct 2018, 07:09

I have owned two original stackers and did not like the sound.
The c/s version is different as it leaves out a few capacitors,thank goodness,another positive is it has a nice slab board.
I was going to convert mine to a vvt when I got it ,as it only about a hundred dollars to insert the whole assembly,but since I have found no need.Will use it tomorrow night and the vvt on Sat and Sunday,good luck wth your search,if you find a stacker probably worth not ruling it out
62 white jazz,slab board.
63 fiesta red jazz bass,matching h'stock
64 jazz sburst
Dale Fortune 1964 Rick 1999/4001s
60 cs journeyman jazz
Trace Elliot V4 x 2 all valve heads, 412L Schroeder cab,TC rh450,Schroeder 1212Lcab
Tech 21 VT Bass 500

rictrose

Post by rictrose » 04 Oct 2018, 10:54

onehandclapping wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 07:09
I have owned two original stackers and did not like the sound.
The c/s version is different as it leaves out a few capacitors,thank goodness,another positive is it has a nice slab board.
I was going to convert mine to a vvt when I got it ,as it only about a hundred dollars to insert the whole assembly,but since I have found no need.Will use it tomorrow night and the vvt on Sat and Sunday,good luck wth your search,if you find a stacker probably worth not ruling it out
thanks for the info mate. From your list of basses it looks like you are talking about the CS Journeyman 60. I see a few of them around - I think they are the current CS model. I did think of doing the swap if I found a bass I liked that was a "stacker". But as you say - I may not need to swap. Your CS journeyman 60 has a slab board? I thought that the 62 and 64 CS model also have slab boards. Not so?

onehandclapping

Post by onehandclapping » 04 Oct 2018, 12:44

My cs journeyman stacker has a slab board.
I have had a couple of cs 64s they were veneer.
Not sure re the cs 62s as on the original 62 I have it is a slab board but on a later 62 it is a veneer same as a 63 or 64,so I guess Fender could go either way on a reissue.
Must say the cs stack knob neck profile on the one I have is very similar to my 63 and 64 not at all like the original 62 slab board that it should be similar to
62 white jazz,slab board.
63 fiesta red jazz bass,matching h'stock
64 jazz sburst
Dale Fortune 1964 Rick 1999/4001s
60 cs journeyman jazz
Trace Elliot V4 x 2 all valve heads, 412L Schroeder cab,TC rh450,Schroeder 1212Lcab
Tech 21 VT Bass 500

rictrose

Post by rictrose » 07 Oct 2018, 09:00

thanks for the info!