FS/FT Warwick 2017 Masterbuilt LTD Thumb 5 NT awesomeness - SOLD

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
narcdor

FS/FT Warwick 2017 Masterbuilt LTD Thumb 5 NT awesomeness - SOLD

Post by narcdor » 03 Oct 2018, 10:26

Hey all, I've been keeping this little gem to myself for long enough, it's a superb instrument probably the best one I've ever had the pleasure of owning. It really is a work of art, sublime. Now I am seriously not a five string player but I just couldn't resist, so I've been working hard to get used to that low B, and trying to retrain my lizard brain on a four string tuned BEAD in the meantime, and struggling to get used to the tighter string spacing on these fivers but I must admit I'm struggling. So while I don't really want to sell it that much it does need to go to a good home, that and some of my other instruments I can actually play aren't selling so being practical I'm listing for sale. Trade I would be interested in if it nets me some cash in the process, four strings would be appropriate!

Condition is flawless, there was a charging board issue but sorted now thanks to Warwick and warranty, and the zipper I managed to fix so apart from some minor oxygen colouring on the bridge it's pretty much flawless, not a dent or ding or scratch to be found, as you would find it brand new in most shops.

Edit: I just put it on the kitchen scales and came in at 4kg on the nose. Incredible for a five string thumb but I guess the maple burl front and mahogany back are pretty light comparatively... hah bubinga must be so dense. Some extra savings on the neck maple strips too I suppose.

I'll do a quick fret polish and take some photos to let it really shine. Edit: still hasn’t happened and not likely to the next week as I’m travelling for work.

Straight sale $4,000 or trade value asking $4,500 - SOLD

Original sale thread from Andrew here:
viewtopic.php?t=24492

Specs are here:
http://warwick.de/en/Warwick---Products ... tures.html
Last edited by narcdor on 14 Oct 2018, 12:02, edited 2 times in total.
Strings: Fender, Custom, Framus, Warwick
Knobs: Mesa, MarkBass
Cones: Baer
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar

basshack

Re: FS/FT Warwick 2017 Masterbuilt LTD Thumb 5 NT awesomeness

Post by basshack » 03 Oct 2018, 10:53

That's just not fair Nick. I'm trying to downsize and you bring this back onto the sales lists.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 03 Oct 2018, 11:17

To be fair it's probably smaller than some of your other basses, so it's kinda downsizing?

vin-tone

Post by vin-tone » 03 Oct 2018, 12:25

Wow. That thing is superb. With I had the cash!
Warwick SS2, Fender 63AVRI, Eberhard Meinel Upright > Markbass & AI Coda

Andrew92

Post by Andrew92 » 03 Oct 2018, 13:15

one mighty thumb. Miss her dearly. shame about the skinny neck.

sucker for the old 04 warwick shin size necks.
https://www.facebook.com/anavarbandofficial
"Anabolic Australian Deathcore"
- Warwick Thumb Nt 5, Markbass TTE500/Rocker 500, Markbass Ninja 212, Darkglass, DR strings, Empress Comp | DSM Noisemaker Artist |

drbass

Post by drbass » 03 Oct 2018, 17:05

Ahhhh, there it is, Nick.

I was fortunate enough to play this beast a couple of weeks ago and have to confess that I was considering a potential swap (my 4 for this). Superb instrument, and what really appealed to me is that no attempt has been made to fill the pores - it has a super-natural feel. And of course it sounds like a proper NT Thumb.

GLWTS!!!

Regards,
Michael
- Merlin “Kermit” 6 multi, Merlin Gaia 6 fretless, Merlin Rockmachine 5, Merlin NT5, Manta 5, Manta 5 YOLO, ("Red Baron" 5), Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3

DemBoneZ

Post by DemBoneZ » 03 Oct 2018, 17:57

My offer is still available mate ! ;)

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 04 Oct 2018, 23:06

Just weighed it and might have stumbled upon the best part! Clocks in at 4kg for a thumb NT fiver.

Truss rod works smooth and quite effectively on this thin neck too. Setup super low with no buzz until you dig in, perfect.

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 05 Oct 2018, 10:14

Travelling up to Sydney and Canberra by car next week so if you let me know I can bring it with me.

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 05 Oct 2018, 19:52

Sold