** price drop ** FS- Cole Clark Long Lady 5 - $2100 shipped

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
bassmaniac69

** price drop ** FS- Cole Clark Long Lady 5 - $2100 shipped

Post by bassmaniac69 » 10 Sep 2018, 14:27

Quickest flip on a bass for me ever.. unfortunately the LL5 and I ain't gelling and I've learnt over the years to not to try and love a bass and move on.... so here she is for sale.

Natural finish, figured maple Silkwood top, with River She Oak fretboard. Aggie pickups and preamp. Comes with the factory supplied Cole Clark bag and fresh Rotosound RS665LD nickel strings. #66 serial number.

The bass sounds fantastic, is well made and is very fast playing. The neck is slim with a nice feel and is easy to get to over the whole board. It's a great bass and well worth the praise they are getting.

So why sell?

The main issue I have it the positioning on my body - I just can't get comfortable with it at all and with some residue carpal tunnel issues my wrists are aching after playing the bass. Adjusting the strap height lower helps but then this puts more pressure on my right hand and moves the bass to other uncomfortable positions...

The other issue is that the neck finish is nitro, and nitro and I don't play well (I was not aware of this when I bought it, I should have researched more). Cole Clark advised to run a light touch of steel wool along the neck which I have done but my hands are still reacting I'm afraid. Normally if everything else is ok with a bass I don't mind taking sandpaper to the neck but it's just easier to let this one go and not do that to a new bass.

It's just over 3 weeks old and as I got it from the factory. The plastic etc. is still on the back covers! I've only played 2 light gigs on the bass and most of the time it was on the stand as my hands were sore and I played my P bass. :/

More pics can be emailed etc. Any questions just ask!

Last edited by bassmaniac69 on 15 Oct 2018, 16:28, edited 3 times in total.

Paisley

Re: FS- Cole Clark Long Lady 5 - $2550 shipped

Post by Paisley » 10 Sep 2018, 14:46

bassmaniac69 wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 14:27

The main issue I have it the positioning on my body - I just can't get comfortable with it at all and with some residue carpal tunnel issues my wrists are aching after playing the bass. Adjusting the strap height lower helps but then this puts more pressure on my right hand and moves the bass to other uncomfortable positions...
Oh man, I feel for you; I've had to let go of a Musicman SR-5HH & a gorgeous G&L L2500 Fretless for the exact same reason!
:banghead: :cry

GLWTS
BASSES: Spector; Fender; Yamaha; G&L; Alembic; Ibanez; Jerry Jones; Danelectro; Rickenbacker; Ergo; ESP; Kraken; DeArmond.
AMPS: Acoustic; Ashdown; Ampeg; Eden; Epifani; Markbass

swalexbass

Post by swalexbass » 10 Sep 2018, 15:39

This is really sad to hear Lawrence... Meanwhile this is a great deal for a virtually new Cole Clark, for somebody out there. GLWTS.
James Tyler Abraham Laboriel 25/10F Bass BN5Ken Smith BSR5GNMTD 535-21Alpher Cobia Elite-5F-Bass VF5 ♦ Schecter DS Deluxe-4 ♦ Modulus Quantum 5Roscoe LG 3005

Bergantino Forté + HDN212

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 10 Sep 2018, 17:27

aw... good luck with the sale, man... sorry to hear that it's not gelling for you.

I've had basses with nitro on the neck before... not so much an issue for me as my thumb print stays pretty dry and slippery.... but I get what you're saying.

I noticed the strap button position on the bottom... I get why it's there because of its screw and the string-through holes not interfering. I was just wondering if this is playing any part in the way the bass is sitting on the strap for you.
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

bassmaniac69

Post by bassmaniac69 » 12 Sep 2018, 16:21

Paisley wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 14:46
bassmaniac69 wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 14:27

Oh man, I feel for you; I've had to let go of a Musicman SR-5HH & a gorgeous G&L L2500 Fretless for the exact same reason!
:banghead: :cry

GLWTS
I know mate, it's frustrating. Interestingly enough the Dingwall AB2 that I had presented no issues with my wrist most of the time, due in part to he fanned frets I assume.

bassmaniac69

Post by bassmaniac69 » 12 Sep 2018, 16:26

PilbaraBass wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 17:27
aw... good luck with the sale, man... sorry to hear that it's not gelling for you.

I've had basses with nitro on the neck before... not so much an issue for me as my thumb print stays pretty dry and slippery.... but I get what you're saying.

I noticed the strap button position on the bottom... I get why it's there because of its screw and the string-through holes not interfering. I was just wondering if this is playing any part in the way the bass is sitting on the strap for you.
I did position the strap in the more usual place to see how it went and it was a little better but not much and not enough to make any mods to the unit. TBH it was not that scientific - I got my wife to hold the strap in place on the bass and lightly holding the bass while I played but it did the trick.

Heath

Post by Heath » 15 Sep 2018, 13:03

the top on that is beautiful
Cole Clarke LL5, Yamaha 425x, Warwick Corvette5, Fender CS 57P, Musicman Sabre, Sandberg Ida
Amps: Markbass, Epifani, Tc, Bergantino

http://cruzersnewcastle.wixsite.com/rock-band

Lowend4Squizzy

Post by Lowend4Squizzy » 15 Sep 2018, 14:15

Somebody needs to buy this bass. These Neil Kennedys are beautiful basses and the timber on this one is fantastic.

Got one after playing Heaths Long Lady about a month ago and haven't played my other basses since.

GLWTS
Cole Clark Long Lady 5, Musicman Sabre Classic, Stngray 5
Orange AD200, Markbass TTE800, Berg NV412 & AE212
All manner of noisy little boxes

bassmaniac69

Post by bassmaniac69 » 17 Sep 2018, 15:02

Thanks gents! Open to offers bump, try me!! :)

bassmaniac69

Re: ** price drop ** FS- Cole Clark Long Lady 5 - $2300 shipped

Post by bassmaniac69 » 21 Sep 2018, 10:41

Price drop, gotta move this one to pay for new toys!! :)

$2300 shipped, bargain!

bassmaniac69

Re: ** price drop ** FS- Cole Clark Long Lady 5 - $2100 shipped

Post by bassmaniac69 » 15 Oct 2018, 16:31

Dropped again, I need to sell!

Note I've put a end pin in the more traditional position near the bridge after consulting with Cole Clark and Neil Kennedy. I'll put some photos up soon of this.

It helped my situation with the positioning of the bass but I need to buy a new car, so something has to give!

Grab a bargain!