FS: Fleabass $600 - Sold

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
Rogdogz

FS: Fleabass $600 - Sold

Post by Rogdogz » 21 Jun 2018, 20:20

Fleabass Model 32 for sale. $600

Hey guys, selling a somewhat hard to come by flea bass, not to be confused with a modulus FB4, this is the Chinese sweatshop bass that Flea designed marketed toward beginner/aspiring bassists. These are no longer in production and only around 2000 units were made and shipped around 2010 or so. There have been a few horror stories surrounding these guitars regarding QC issues, I can assure you this one is in sound condition, and has been setup to my liking. In my ownership I've had to shim the neck just slightly, and I've put in an active EMG35DC soapbar pickup, the electronics have all been replaced with EMG's solderless wiring. (The shit in there before was corroded to ****).

The bad:
-Slight cosmetic paint crack in the neck pocket.
-Parts of guitar fading to a green color, not sure if this is from sun exposure. it's wearing well.

Selling because I own another one of these and it's my project, don't have the need or space for this anymore. Highly recommend one of these to any beginners or hardcore Flea fans, comes with a Fleabass embroided gigbag.

Located in Canberra, add $50 for shipping, will be using pack and send.

Price is firm for now but feel free to offer, hit me up for more pics or sound samples of the pickup in the bass.

A little copy/paste of the features.
34" scale, 20-fret electric bass
Professionally set up by technicians to meet Flea's specs
Alder body
Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
Adjustable chrome bridge/tailpiece
Matching headstock with Flea's autograph and signature doodles

Last edited by Rogdogz on 23 Jun 2018, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.

swalexbass

Re: FS: Fleabass $600

Post by swalexbass » 21 Jun 2018, 20:37

Cool! I haven't seen one of these for sale before :D GLWTS
James Tyler Abraham Laboriel 25/10Roscoe LG 3005Ken Smith BSR5GNMTD 535-24MTD 535-21Alpher Cobia Elite-5F-Bass VF5 ♦ Schecter DS Deluxe-4 ♦ Yamaha BBNE2Modulus Quantum 5Zon Legacy

Bergantino Forté + HDN212

SimonJoseph

Re: FS: Fleabass $600 - Sold

Post by SimonJoseph » 25 Jun 2018, 09:18

Dang, too slow
Awesome bass
Bass Stuff