WTB: Warwick fives, Thumb, Streamer

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
vin-tone

Re: WTB: Warwick fives, Thumb, Streamer

Post by vin-tone » 20 Apr 2018, 10:19

Ebay ad seems legit to me. Go nuts.

I'm loving the Warwick SS2 I got recently from Reens. I'm usually a vintage bass with flatwounds guy but the voice on this thing is incredible.
Warwick SS2, Fender 63AVRI, Eberhard Meinel Upright > Markbass & AI Coda

dingdong

Post by dingdong » 20 Apr 2018, 11:17

DemBoneZ wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 09:31
Ive got this CS for sale but it’s a 4… you can always tune BEAD right????? ;)

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=24015
Faaaaaaaaark if I were after a four, I’d snap that up for sure. What a beauty!

DoctorJohn

Post by DoctorJohn » 20 Apr 2018, 12:16

I would sell my Trujillo 5'er (Korean Streamer). It's the one in this thread if you're interested: http://ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20616

harmonyriver

Post by harmonyriver » 20 Apr 2018, 21:26

dingdong, I have also owned, sold and played Warwick Thumbs 4, 5 and 6 over the years so thought I would chip in - $1600 for a used thumb 5 bolt-on sounds pretty good for Oz price - u can get it much cheaper from US but have to factor freight and taxes and fumigation charges. Thumb basses pre 2000 have wenge necks which some people prefer (more natural compression) and newer ones have Ovangkol (neck is smoother to feel). The thumb 5 is unique has two very near bridge JJ pickups so the sound is more jaco-esque. All the thumbs have that legendary GROWL - lows with mids - some people hate it, I love it. For good example of thumb playing, try Jimmy Earl when he was playing with Chick Corea Elektric Band.
1993 Ibanez SD1205PD Wenge/Padauk modified w/ EMG40DC / BTC,
2006 60th MIM P-Bass Blizzard Pearl,
?2009 Yamaha BB414 Blk
Eden Nemesis NC115

"Guitar is for the head, drums are for the chest, but bass gets you in the groin."
- Suzi Quatro