For Sale: custom Mailloux Bass #029 to your specs!

Modern and vintage style electric basses handmade in South East Queensland.
Phil
Site Admin

For Sale: custom Mailloux Bass #029 to your specs!

Post by Phil » 11 Oct 2014, 16:56

Time to start a new bass, I'm open for whatever as a build. If YOU want a Mailloux bass pm me for a chat on specs for a potential build. :D

As usual, if no one hits me up for for a quote I'll just start building a bass on my own as stock instrument that will also be for sale.

At this point I'm thinking of building a 4 or 5 string jazz bass in one of the vintage Fender colours I haven't done yet, probably Daphne or Sonic Blue or Surf Green maybe with a matching headstock... or not. I've got both an Audere and an East pre which have been lying on my spare parts shelf for years, I might throw one of these in the mix too :hmm I'll start the build in about 3 weeks and am hoping to have it done around January.

brucebruce

Re: For Sale: custom Mailloux Bass #029 to your specs!

Post by brucebruce » 12 Oct 2014, 08:59

PM'd
Super Hans: "Dude, that's not jam, that's just total f%#king marmalade."

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » 16 Jan 2015, 11:17

Well I think you can disregard most of the first post :rolleyes That bass isn't started yet however will be started in a couple of weeks. It will be built as a stock instrument to be sold. If anyone likes the specs below feel free to email me if you'd like it or would like to have it with different specs.

Specs:
4 string Jazz bass
Rosewood fingerboard with dots (block MOP & binding can be done if someone wants to put its name on it)
Alder body
Lightly Flamed Maple neck
Aguilar pickups, still have Audere, East J-retro and Aguilar pre in stock
Likely a sunburst finish
Black, white or tort pickguard

Price will be between $2150 to $2350 depending on which preamp taken, MOP blocks another $125

Soong

Post by Soong » 09 Feb 2015, 15:09

Pm'd ;)
Keep in touch with me online!
Facebook
YouTube
Instagram

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » 03 Apr 2015, 11:44

Allright, I started the neck for this build. So far its got a Cocobolo Rosewood fingerboard and is in blank form so dots or block inlays can still be put i depending on the preference and the body hasn't been built yet so most of the specs on this bass is up for grabs if someone wants a new Jazz bass :)

I still have 028 in stock which is still for sale. From what I can see when building stock instruments it makes it harder to sell if they don't have specs that are not super common (i.e. the big splits on them) so with this Jazz Bass I'm likely going to be building it with common enough specs. If no one puts their hand up for it I'll simply put dots on the fingerboard and finish the instrument off with a regular sunburst Alder body and likely a tort guard

I managed to stuff up my first flamed Maple neck blank so this neck ended up being plain Rock Maple. :(