Basshack's 5 st Lake Placid Blue P - #027

Modern and vintage style electric basses handmade in South East Queensland.
Crowella

Re: Basshack's 5 st Lake Placid Blue P - #027

Post by Crowella » 07 May 2014, 10:21

Holy smokes! That's a gorgeous looking bass. :D
Pedulla Rapture RB5 | Sandberg VM5
Ampeg PF-500 | SWR Goliath Sr

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 07 May 2014, 11:33

Phil does make some seriously purdy basses... After the 2012 Brissie GTG and handling a few of them (in various stages of being "broken in"), I can say this... they feel even better than they look
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

basshack

Post by basshack » 07 May 2014, 13:09

PilbaraBass wrote:Phil does make some seriously purdy basses... After the 2012 Brissie GTG and handling a few of them (in various stages of being "broken in"), I can say this... they feel even better than they look
And that's exactly why I was more than happy to invest my $'s with Phil as well. I've played a few of his basses over the years and he hasn't built one that didn't feel comfortable in my hands, plays well and sounds lovely. We didn't need to talk much about this one, I trust his judgment and I don't doubt that when it gets to me next week it'll live up to my expectations. TBH I only wanted the LPB (as originally released) from Fender so that this could sit alongside my birthday bass one day. Having it painted in Disco Ball Blue isn't going to sit any differently as a modern take on my birthday bass in reality. It almost became Cola if the paint match wasn't going to work out to Phil' satisfaction. As it stands I love the color in the photos and think he should market the formula.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » 07 May 2014, 14:08

"market my formula" hey? 1.buy blue metal flakes on ebay 2.mix in clear lacquer 3.spray :D

Thanks for all the nice words guys

basshack

Post by basshack » 07 May 2014, 16:53

Phil wrote:"market my formula" hey? 1.buy blue metal flakes on ebay 2.mix in clear lacquer 3.spray :D

Thanks for all the nice words guys
Don't sell yourself short we both know what you went through to get the color mix right below the lacquer coat and the quantity of flake in the mix right. What's going to happen if I come back to you in 6 months time and ask for a modern Jazz in the same color? I hope you've scribbled it down somewhere.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » 07 May 2014, 17:37

You know thats actually a problem I've had in the past. I've had to re-learn how to spray sunbursts 4 or 5 times because I'd never write down the colour mixes and would forget what I did from one bass to another. It's pretty frustrating when you have to redo a colour coat because it didn't come out like you wanted :lol: