Being a Musician is too expensive..

Space for non-sponsoring commercial users. Ads, announcements and promotions.
Forum rules
Threads Can Only Be Started By Supporting Members
andyxis

Being a Musician is too expensive..

Post by andyxis » 29 Nov 2011, 00:04

Hey guys I need your help,

My name is Brett Fox from Sydney Australia, I'm trying to get a daily deals website for Australian musicians launched. Think discounts on products, services, accessories etc.

I know most musicians will empathise with me when I say that pursuing a career in music is driving me broke. I'm trying my best to get this off the ground ASAP. I feel if I can get this to work, heaps and heaps of Australian musicians will benefit!

Please help by spreading the word, the more Australian musicians we can get on board the bigger discounts we can negotiate! At the moment suppliers/ service providers won't talk to me unless I have a bigger group of people signed up. I have hit up Facebook ads, Google ads and I'm currently, doing a massive poster campaign in Sydney and will be venturing to Melbourne to do the same very soon!

I know that many people who read this will just see it as spam but I can assure you that if this does launch, you will thank me for starting it up.

Either way, being an Australian musician is ridiculously expensive, I just want to help offset the costs.

The website is http://www.musodeals.com.au

Keen to here any ideas, thoughts ANYTHING that might help make this happen! Email me at admin@musodeals.com.au

Cheers
Brett

vin-tone

Re: Being a Musician is too expensive..

Post by vin-tone » 29 Nov 2011, 06:17

It's a good idea. Good luck with it Brett.

... and welcome to the forum.
Warwick SS2, Fender 63AVRI, Eberhard Meinel Upright > Markbass & AI Coda

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 29 Nov 2011, 07:20

It is an excellent idea. I signed up a few weeks ago, and am looking forward to hearing when you have it up and running.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

Soong

Post by Soong » 29 Nov 2011, 09:37

When this gets started, are deals emailed to members or available publicly on the site like catch of the day? Great idea but a daily email I can see getting old fast...

Great initiative bro.
Keep in touch with me online!
Facebook
YouTube
Instagram

wilbur88

Post by wilbur88 » 29 Nov 2011, 10:26

+ 1. I'm in.
'82 Steinberger L-2 : '78 Gibson Grabber G3 : '06 Gibson T-bird : '06 Gretsch G6072 Country Gentleman : '11 Fender 60th Anniversary P : '78 Guild B302F : '05 Warwick CS SS1 5

Fender TV

billybass

Post by billybass » 29 Nov 2011, 14:52

Great to hear you doing something for the greater musicians community, cheers Billy

clevergurl

Post by clevergurl » 07 Dec 2011, 15:38

hey great idea Brett, don't think I've come across any daily deal sites for musos yet. talking about daily deals and on a budget, a mate told me about a site called AllDealsOz, they list all the deals from spreets, scoopon, livingsocial, cudo etc Saw some concert deals and music lesson deals there. maybe way u can talk to these guys and list ur deals on their site too when u start offering ur deals. another way of advertising perhaps?