**USED DINGWALL LEE SKLAR SIGNATURE - AS NEW**

Australia's online bass store. Ask questions to George, see his latest offerings and deals.
Dealer: Sadowsky, Euphonic Audio, Bergantino, Roscoe, Glockenklang.
Classic5

Re: **USED DINGWALL LEE SKLAR SIGNATURE - AS NEW**

Post by Classic5 » 08 Apr 2016, 22:25

GazzaBass wrote:Are you going to sell yr Yam 1024X by any chance ?
I'd like to hold onto the three basses in my signature, that includes the 1024X. The Yammy is my ideal passive 4 string. Great sound and playability out of that bass. I do have a second 1024X thats in pieces at the moment.....being refinished in faded fiesta red with a tort guard. I know......I'm a hopeless case :rolleyes
IB-Classic#001, Xotic XJ-1T 5,Yamaha BB1024X
Glockenklang Blue Soul, Glockenklang Double, TecAmp Puma 112 Combo
"Money will buy a fine dog but only kindness will make him wag his tail"

GazzaBass

Post by GazzaBass » 06 Jun 2016, 10:07

So are you hinting that the one in pieces might be for sale ? Is it active as well as passive , ie active preamp ?
I like the sound of fiesta red & tort guard - if it is or might be for sale , what sort of money would you be looking for ?
I'm getting a great sound out of my Ibanez SR 1205 with Fodera strings on it .
Cheers,
Gaz

Classic5

Post by Classic5 » 09 Jun 2016, 16:42

GazzaBass wrote:So are you hinting that the one in pieces might be for sale ? Is it active as well as passive , ie active preamp ?
I like the sound of fiesta red & tort guard - if it is or might be for sale , what sort of money would you be looking for ?
I'm getting a great sound out of my Ibanez SR 1205 with Fodera strings on it .
Cheers,
Gaz
Hey Gaz, sorry no plans of selling either of the Yammys just yet. They certainly are hard to come by these days. The faded fiesta red refinish is still in progress.....but not too far away now. :cool:

Both Yamaha basses are the passive 1024X versions. Trust me they are in no need of any active electronics.

GazzaBass

Post by GazzaBass » 09 Jun 2016, 17:25

I thought you sent me that notification to tell me about the 2nd Yam that you might be selling , that's why I asked you. I have never heard one , but I'd be interested if you were to sell the fiesta red one . If it was me , I wouldn't keep 2 unless there was something wrong with one of them. I am feeling a bit unsure of my Exotic . It just has a difficult EQ section , that I am always wanting to get something more out of but I just cannot seem to find it in the EQ controls. ( I know my way around EQ having done studio engineering . Also my B string is a bit dull and doesn't have the same full sound as the E string , no matter whether I have new strings on . How is yours ? I would like to hear an F Bass but I don't know anyone up here that has one. I might be prepared to sell the Exotic to get one, if I knew what they sounded and felt like.

Classic5

Post by Classic5 » 09 Jun 2016, 19:16

Replied in PM GazzaBass.