Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Techniques, Instruction, Live Sound, Recording Equipment, GTG's etc...
Post Reply
User avatar
Aussie Mark
Posts: 16087
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 21:06
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by Aussie Mark » 01 Sep 2018, 10:44

slowlearner wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 08:55
Saw this on ebay…

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gibson-1997 ... %7Ciid%3A1

Are those PUs originals? Seemed weird to me. But if you want a SR sound in a LP body this would be pretty great I guess.
Nope - the originals would have been Barts.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender Bassman 500 and Neo 410

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

User avatar
slowlearner
Posts: 5858
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 14:30
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by slowlearner » 01 Sep 2018, 10:49

Aussie Mark wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 10:44
slowlearner wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 08:55
Saw this on ebay…

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gibson-1997 ... %7Ciid%3A1

Are those PUs originals? Seemed weird to me. But if you want a SR sound in a LP body this would be pretty great I guess.
Nope - the originals would have been Barts.
MM shaped Barts?
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."
My Band - https://www.facebook.com/PBT-1914426202220972/

User avatar
david1234
Posts: 1264
Joined: 26 Sep 2010, 15:22
Location: Sydney (West)
Contact:

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by david1234 » 01 Sep 2018, 11:20

:yep
O===
/ \

Endorsing artist: Warwick basses, Fender/SWR.

User avatar
Aussie Mark
Posts: 16087
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 21:06
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by Aussie Mark » 01 Sep 2018, 17:43

slowlearner wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 10:49
Aussie Mark wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 10:44
slowlearner wrote:
31 Aug 2018, 08:55
Are those PUs originals? Seemed weird to me. But if you want a SR sound in a LP body this would be pretty great I guess.
Nope - the originals would have been Barts.
MM shaped Barts?
No exposed polepieces on the black covered Barts used in those Gibbys

Image

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender Bassman 500 and Neo 410

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

User avatar
slowlearner
Posts: 5858
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 14:30
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by slowlearner » 01 Sep 2018, 20:37

Came across this guy's store... Genius, hmmm, not convinced.

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/A-PC-Genius ... 7675.l2563
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."
My Band - https://www.facebook.com/PBT-1914426202220972/

User avatar
ozrider
Posts: 3795
Joined: 29 Oct 2011, 21:14
Location: Out West

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by ozrider » 01 Sep 2018, 21:45

slowlearner wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 20:37
Came across this guy's store... Genius, hmmm, not convinced.

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/A-PC-Genius ... 7675.l2563
:rolf: that was a good laugh... "Jaco played this bass for sure"

User avatar
noplanb
Posts: 1439
Joined: 04 Dec 2012, 22:00
Location: Adelaide

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by noplanb » 01 Sep 2018, 22:22

Well, he might'a looked at it?
I see..............basses!

User avatar
ozrider
Posts: 3795
Joined: 29 Oct 2011, 21:14
Location: Out West

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by ozrider » 01 Sep 2018, 23:17

noplanb wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 22:22
Well, he might'a looked at it?
he has the emails that "authenticate the Jaco connection if that's important." :rolf:

Well you're charging $25,000 buddy... I'd say hell yes!

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 8801
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by veebass » 02 Sep 2018, 11:25

ozrider wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 21:45
slowlearner wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 20:37
Came across this guy's store... Genius, hmmm, not convinced.

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/A-PC-Genius ... 7675.l2563
:rolf: that was a good laugh... "Jaco played this bass for sure"
$2850 for a 1980 Tokai Jazz. Well Hell Yeah!
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
deeevo
Posts: 658
Joined: 01 Jun 2015, 13:22
Location: Maryborough Qld

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by deeevo » 08 Sep 2018, 14:10

veebass wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 11:25
ozrider wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 21:45
slowlearner wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 20:37
Came across this guy's store... Genius, hmmm, not convinced.

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/A-PC-Genius ... 7675.l2563
:rolf: that was a good laugh... "Jaco played this bass for sure"
$2850 for a 1980 Tokai Jazz. Well Hell Yeah!
Same one on Facebook for $3k?
Fender American Elite Jazz, Fender American Vintage 74 Jazz, Fender American Deluxe Precision, Fender Jazz, Fender Super Bassman 300, Fender Bassman 500, Ampeg SCRI-DI, Fender Bassman Neo 410 x 2, Fender Bassman Neo 115 x 2.

User avatar
deeevo
Posts: 658
Joined: 01 Jun 2015, 13:22
Location: Maryborough Qld

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by deeevo » 08 Sep 2018, 16:08

deeevo wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 14:10
veebass wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 11:25
ozrider wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 21:45


:rolf: that was a good laugh... "Jaco played this bass for sure"
$2850 for a 1980 Tokai Jazz. Well Hell Yeah!
Same one on Facebook for $3k?
Was the same one & now taken off ebay
Fender American Elite Jazz, Fender American Vintage 74 Jazz, Fender American Deluxe Precision, Fender Jazz, Fender Super Bassman 300, Fender Bassman 500, Ampeg SCRI-DI, Fender Bassman Neo 410 x 2, Fender Bassman Neo 115 x 2.

User avatar
deeevo
Posts: 658
Joined: 01 Jun 2015, 13:22
Location: Maryborough Qld

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by deeevo » 08 Sep 2018, 18:42

deeevo wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 16:08
deeevo wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 14:10
veebass wrote:
02 Sep 2018, 11:25


$2850 for a 1980 Tokai Jazz. Well Hell Yeah!
Same one on Facebook for $3k?
Was the same one & now taken off ebay.
Marked as sold on Facebook.
Fender American Elite Jazz, Fender American Vintage 74 Jazz, Fender American Deluxe Precision, Fender Jazz, Fender Super Bassman 300, Fender Bassman 500, Ampeg SCRI-DI, Fender Bassman Neo 410 x 2, Fender Bassman Neo 115 x 2.

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 8568
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by BassLine » 26 Sep 2018, 22:00

Ibanez Musician Fretless Bass ( Active Electronics) $1850 Sydney

www.ebay.com.au/itm/223161946068
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 8568
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by BassLine » 30 Sep 2018, 09:36

Ibanez Promethean 250W Bass Amp and carry case. $550 Brisbane.

www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1194924118

Removable head, puts out 500W with 8 Ohm extension cab.
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 8568
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: Ebay thread PART TWO - the good, bad, and ridiculous...

Post by BassLine » 09 Oct 2018, 23:46

Flawless repair on the neck here..... (not)

1960s Gibson EB Vintage Semi-Hollowbody Electric Bass Guitar

www.ebay.com.au/itm/253923523745
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests