Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Techniques, Instruction, Live Sound, Recording Equipment, GTG's etc...
Post Reply
User avatar
Classic5
Posts: 4012
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 19:33
Location: Melbourne

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by Classic5 » 09 Jun 2019, 17:20

SneakyJak wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 12:37
As anyone bringing a double bass that requires phantom power? I have an amp I’d like to test
Hey Pete, are you going to the Sydney GTG? If so, do you want me to see if Michael can bring your Konig back to you? I'm quite happy to keep it until you forget about it, but I doubt that will happen :)
IB-Classic#001, Xotic XJ-1T 5,Yamaha BB1024X
Glockenklang Blue Soul, Glockenklang Double, TecAmp Puma 112 Combo
"If you keep buying things you DON'T need, eventually you'll have to start selling things you DO need"

User avatar
narcdor
Posts: 4374
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 16:36
Location: Melbourne

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by narcdor » 11 Jun 2019, 10:28

Small favour to ask... is anyone near Beecroft able to have a bass dropped off to them during the week and bring to the GTG? Michael "Mr Transport" is not just a fine bass builder he's also a fine person willing to shuttle said bass back to Melbourne town...

Thanks!
Strings: Fender, Narcdor, Framus, MusicMan
Knobs: Aguilar, MarkBass
Cones: Barefaced, Baer
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 8801
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by BassLine » 11 Jun 2019, 12:39

narcdor wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 10:28
Small favour to ask... is anyone near Beecroft able to have a bass dropped off to them during the week and bring to the GTG? Michael "Mr Transport" is not just a fine bass builder he's also a fine person willing to shuttle said bass back to Melbourne town...

Thanks!
I’ve messaged this request to Andy & Pete, they’re local lads.

Does this mean we get to play it before you do? :poke:
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

User avatar
slowlearner
Posts: 5985
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 14:30
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by slowlearner » 11 Jun 2019, 12:49

PM me and we can sort something. 😊
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."
My Band - https://www.facebook.com/PBT-1914426202220972/

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 8801
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by BassLine » 11 Jun 2019, 12:54

Make some space at home, give some unused stuff away thru the GTG. There’s a thread setup for that here....
https://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=705
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

User avatar
narcdor
Posts: 4374
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 16:36
Location: Melbourne

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by narcdor » 11 Jun 2019, 14:00

BassLine wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 12:39
narcdor wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 10:28
Small favour to ask... is anyone near Beecroft able to have a bass dropped off to them during the week and bring to the GTG? Michael "Mr Transport" is not just a fine bass builder he's also a fine person willing to shuttle said bass back to Melbourne town...

Thanks!
I’ve messaged this request to Andy & Pete, they’re local lads.

Does this mean we get to play it before you do? :poke:
Cool thanks! And yes sure have a lash, it's not like it's brand new or anything, it can be the GTG town bicycle for the day.
Strings: Fender, Narcdor, Framus, MusicMan
Knobs: Aguilar, MarkBass
Cones: Barefaced, Baer
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar

User avatar
drbass
Posts: 3503
Joined: 04 Apr 2013, 05:31
Location: Doreen, Victoria
Contact:

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by drbass » 11 Jun 2019, 14:06

narcdor wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:00
BassLine wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 12:39
narcdor wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 10:28
Small favour to ask... is anyone near Beecroft able to have a bass dropped off to them during the week and bring to the GTG? Michael "Mr Transport" is not just a fine bass builder he's also a fine person willing to shuttle said bass back to Melbourne town...

Thanks!
I’ve messaged this request to Andy & Pete, they’re local lads.

Does this mean we get to play it before you do? :poke:
Cool thanks! And yes sure have a lash, it's not like it's brand new or anything, it can be the GTG town bicycle for the day.
Obviously excludes me since I build and shuttle but there's no mention of me playing :poke: :D .

Pretty sick at the moment (still at work, mind you, examination period!!) but won't miss this for anything.

regards,
Michael
- Merlin Rockmachine 5, Merlin NT5, Manta 5, Manta 5 YOLO, ("Red Baron" 5), Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 8801
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by BassLine » 11 Jun 2019, 15:18

Andy is coming and could help out.
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

User avatar
Nigel
Posts: 2214
Joined: 01 Nov 2008, 11:54
Location: Newcastle

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by Nigel » 12 Jun 2019, 08:29

I wonder if anyone has to travel past Earlwood and wouldn't mind collecting a gig bag for me?
Mailloux Custom "Lucky 13", EA Doubler, Mojo-Sonic 1x10.

User avatar
Soong
Posts: 2592
Joined: 31 Oct 2008, 14:06
Location: Syd
Contact:

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by Soong » 12 Jun 2019, 10:08

Would anyone like a free pedalboard this Sat? Found this unused at home. The velcro inside is a bit dodgy but the case is fine. Enough for a few pedals.

Image
MTD Bass Artist // Phil Jones Bass Artist
Facebook
YouTube
Instagram

bigswifty
Posts: 1542
Joined: 24 Apr 2011, 18:53
Location: Sydney Hills District
Contact:

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by bigswifty » 12 Jun 2019, 14:47

Yes please!
Soong wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 10:08
Would anyone like a free pedalboard this Sat? Found this unused at home. The velcro inside is a bit dodgy but the case is fine. Enough for a few pedals.

Image
I'm a mean offloading machine!

User avatar
Soong
Posts: 2592
Joined: 31 Oct 2008, 14:06
Location: Syd
Contact:

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by Soong » 12 Jun 2019, 14:50

bigswifty wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 14:47
Yes please!
Soong wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 10:08
Would anyone like a free pedalboard this Sat? Found this unused at home. The velcro inside is a bit dodgy but the case is fine. Enough for a few pedals.

Image
All yours. Come bug me on Sat, still struggling to remember faces to names, sorry!!!
MTD Bass Artist // Phil Jones Bass Artist
Facebook
YouTube
Instagram

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 8801
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by BassLine » 13 Jun 2019, 00:28

I’ve got a shopping bag with old cables, pickguard, books, etc I’ll bring along to Sat GTG. All Free.

If anyone has old stuff they wanna clear out, we might set up a spot for FREE STUFF. I prefer stuff gets used.
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

packrat
Posts: 1120
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 02:17
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by packrat » 13 Jun 2019, 08:22

Best have a plan to dispose of the wreckage too.

User avatar
grooveinsyd
Posts: 312
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 16:13
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney GTG 15th June 2019 @St Johns Beecroft

Post by grooveinsyd » 14 Jun 2019, 07:56

BassLine wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 00:28
I’ve got a shopping bag with old cables, pickguard, books, etc I’ll bring along to Sat GTG. All Free.

If anyone has old stuff they wanna clear out, we might set up a spot for FREE STUFF. I prefer stuff gets used.
I think Nigel could put those cables in good use. https://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=26039

I am also gonna bring some cables to him as well. Unfortunately I could not stay very long.
All my basses is in my signature, nothing special. But if anyone wants to try any of them, let me know. otherwise I am just gonna bring my dingwall abz 4 (I think is the most unique one) and my darkglass m900 version 1 and my pedal board: line 6 hx stomp
Sandberg Oliver Riedel signature; Dingwall ABZ 4; G&L USA L2K #8; Dingwall NG2-5

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests