Playing A Different Tune(r) - Schaller Content

Building, Modding, Setup and Repair
drbass

Playing A Different Tune(r) - Schaller Content

Post by drbass » 14 May 2019, 08:27

Hi all,

Ordered on 01 May (2019), arrived yesterday:

I've had nothing but issues with Hipshot (which I've ordered through BBG who weren't particularly helpful) so I decided to go with Schaller this time. And I have to say I'm impressed. The da Vinci tuners look very well engineered and solid, and they're about 50 g each (so not as light as the UltraLites but pretty close). And in tears of price: absolutely competitive (freight's a bit of a killer though, that's why I ordered two sets ;) ).

There's no screw to prevent the whole thing from rotating but two metal pins - that'll be interesting to see who that works out. I suppose Ill still have to pre-drill a couple of holes, otherwise the timber will just crack. Will let you know.

Regards,
Michael
- Merlin Rockmachine 5, Merlin NT5, Manta 5, Manta 5 YOLO, ("Red Baron" 5), Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3

narcdor

Re: Playing A Different Tune(r) - Schaller Content

Post by narcdor » 14 May 2019, 09:33

The two pins absolutely works well and is a much cleaner look, was fantastic on the Fender Am Dlx I had, so easy to swap tuners too. Did they come with a locating template for the holes?
Strings: Fender, Narcdor, Framus, MusicMan
Knobs: Aguilar, MarkBass
Cones: Barefaced, Baer
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar

drbass

Re: Playing A Different Tune(r) - Schaller Content

Post by drbass » 14 May 2019, 12:38

narcdor wrote:
14 May 2019, 09:33
The two pins absolutely works well and is a much cleaner look, was fantastic on the Fender Am Dlx I had, so easy to swap tuners too. Did they come with a locating template for the holes?
Good to know, Nick - yes, it looks very clean.

No template I saw (only had a boy's look though) but that's not really a big issue.

Regards,
Michael
- Merlin Rockmachine 5, Merlin NT5, Manta 5, Manta 5 YOLO, ("Red Baron" 5), Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3