Introduce Yourself

Announcements, Introductions, Forum Support and Questions
BazzBass

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by BazzBass » 28 Sep 2019, 14:55

Welcome Paul,
paulypmc wrote:
27 Sep 2019, 16:40

Hoping to make some virtual friends here :)

Paul
we have also become real friends, with get togethers, gear sales/buys etc. Don't be shy :)
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs, Yamaha DTX drums
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P,J&J Fretless,Hofner B Bass,Mike Dirnt P, SX J
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

thatgetupkid

Post by thatgetupkid » 04 Oct 2019, 20:07

Hola, people.

I'm Tosh, 25, from regional Victoria, and took up bass when I was 12 after deciding I didn't want to play into the dumb vocalist cliche.

After asking my parents for a left-handed bass for my 13th birthday, I received a right-handed guitar, so began to learn that instrument instead.

These days, whilst I own many expensive guitars and play six-string in most of my bands owing to being a vocalist/songwriter, I tend to enjoy bass far more.

As for my personal life, I have an employment history spanning journalism, politics, and music wholesale, enjoy hanging out with my pets, and spend far too much time shitposting on the internet.

Gear wise I have owned far too many basses (mainly MIJ Fender and Squier stuff with the occasional Spector), and too few amplifiers, though currently I'm rocking a 1985 MIJ Squier Jazz Bass in an Olympic White finish (which has aged ever so slightly in addition to having been attacked with a scourer by a previous owner), through a newly-acquired Darkglass Microtubes 900 and an Ampeg 4x10 borrowed from a fellow OzBasser/former co-worker.

I'm looking forward to getting involved in the OzBass community!

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 04 Oct 2019, 22:00

Welcome Tosh,
firstly, SUE your parents for cruelty, jeez, you asked for a lefty bass and got a righty geetar. How cruel.
Glad you have overcome your horrible horrible upbringing hehe
take yer shoes off and get stuck in :)
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs, Yamaha DTX drums
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P,J&J Fretless,Hofner B Bass,Mike Dirnt P, SX J
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts