Introduce Yourself

Announcements, Introductions, Forum Support and Questions
Flanker_37

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Flanker_37 » 23 Feb 2019, 02:49

Hi everyone,

I'm Flanker, aged 35, I'm a doctor and I recently started playing the bass. I live in Russia right now, but I may well by this summer go and live in Oz with my wife, who is from there.
As such, if this plan becomes true, I'll be looking for lessons first, and then for a band, probably in Darwin, probably somewhere else.
I'm mostly into old school metal music, but I have separate songs I like in all styles, from jazz to Japanese pop, and that's what I hope to play once I've mastered this instrument.

Thanks in advance and see you soon!

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 23 Feb 2019, 08:14

Welcome Marty. Welcome Flanker. It’s good to have you on board with us. Feel free to chat about anything music (or non-music)..... were an easy going bunch here.
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

Flanker_37

Post by Flanker_37 » 24 Feb 2019, 19:30

Thanks! I've seen that when lurking the forum, and that's one of the reasons why I ended up creating an account, the atmosphere isn't as strict as what I could encounter on other forums linked to other interests in my life.

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 25 Feb 2019, 12:10

Welcome, and come on down Flanker, what are you waiting for ? :)
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, Hofner B Bass, SX J, Yamaha DTX400 drum kit
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

meerkatships

Post by meerkatships » 21 May 2019, 18:57

Hi guys, I'm a new member here for a few days.
I've been visiting this forum a lot over the last few months so I want to join your community.
I'm planning to upload sam pics of my equipment.
All the best to you all.

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 21 May 2019, 19:45

meerkatships wrote:
21 May 2019, 18:57
Hi guys, I'm a new member here for a few days.
I've been visiting this forum a lot over the last few months so I want to join your community.
I'm planning to upload sam pics of my equipment.
All the best to you all.
welcome, yeah we like gear pics, LOTS of them :) don't be shy hehe
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, Hofner B Bass, SX J, Yamaha DTX400 drum kit

hfgeo

Post by hfgeo » 06 Jun 2019, 10:03

Hi guys!
My name is Henrique, I'm 32 years old playing bass since I was 15 and I'm from Brazil (please forgive me for the English mistakes that I might commit :lol: :lol: ). I've been in Sydney for a year already. Well, I'm happy to say that I finally got my first bass here in Australia, I got two that I left in Brazil - a Squier Standard and a Fender Deluxe, both P bass (I'm an P bass aficionado). It's a beautiful Japanese made '51 reissue Precision Bass in sunburst, year 1989-1990. Got it on eBay on a great deal. Just need some general adjusts, by the way someone knows a good luthier here in Sydney (preferably in North Sydney region) and what is the average cost for this service?
Moreover, I was busy just trying to survive here in Australia and now that I'm a bit more comfortable with the language, a stable job and a BASS I can be back to practice music and maybe join in a band to have fun. So, bassmates, I'll be glad to go to your gigs and have a couple of beers at anytime!
Cheers!!

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 06 Jun 2019, 15:55

Welcome Henrique, to both Australia and OzBass.

We, OK , I ,love gear pics so feel free to show off your bass :)

Not sure of Sydney prices, but around $70 to $100 for a full setup seems the going rate. Strings extra. Maybe some go as low as $50, not sure.
What sort of music do you wanna play, someone here may know of a vacancy, or fill in spots.

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 06 Jun 2019, 23:06

Olá Henrique. Welcome to OzBassForum. :thumbup:
Oz Bass Forum Moderator

Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

hfgeo

Post by hfgeo » 07 Jun 2019, 10:23

BazzBass wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 15:55
Welcome Henrique, to both Australia and OzBass.
Thanks, bro!
BazzBass wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 15:55
What sort of music do you wanna play, someone here may know of a vacancy, or fill in spots.
I've been in Blues and Classic Rock bands in Brazil for many years. I really do enjoy playing Blues and Soul tunes, so that's what after... I'm not looking for playing professionally, I mean... I would do it if I have the chance, but I just wanna have fun first of all.
Anyway, thanks for answering mate!

Chookfoot

Post by Chookfoot » 12 Jun 2019, 08:25

Hi, I'm Graeme.
Camp-fire acoustic bass noodler.
Interested in developing an acoustic bass that works but I need the help of experienced players. I'd like to talk to anyone in SE Qld passionate about this undertaking.
Cheers
Fret not!

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 12 Jun 2019, 12:41

welcome Graeme

general consensus here is that acoustic bass guitars are good for noodling at home on the couch.
If you are looking to make an ABG that can cut it at acoustic jams and gigs, forget it. Save yourself the heartache. Not trying to bring you down, but many have tried, BIG companies. Some of their efforts come closer than others. If Takamine , Fender Yamaha and Gibson can't figure it out, I think it can't be done.