Meet and greet

Announcements, Introductions, Forum Support and Questions
basshack

Meet and greet

Post by basshack » 10 May 2019, 17:15

Hey Melbournite's

Thursday night the one and only Phil Mallioux is coming to our fair city for a spell. If you'd like to say hello then the one place I can guarantee he will be is at the David Searle' Guitar Building workshop in the evening. So come on down to 1/43 Hewish Road in Croydon and have a chat with the man who drives this place. Now he's at the workshop to have a look at what we're doing down here and chat with David and so maybe you need an excuse to come down too, but fair warning there's something in the saw dust that is addictive.

It's a build night in the shop so I can't say what'll be happening but there will be something going on and usually 5-6 "students" creating their dream instruments.

Think of it as a mini GTG and come on down.

Cheers till Thursday
Basshack (Blaine)
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

drbass

Re: Meet and greet

Post by drbass » 11 May 2019, 08:16

basshack wrote:
10 May 2019, 17:15
Hey Melbournite's

Thursday night the one and only Phil Mallioux is coming to our fair city for a spell. If you'd like to say hello then the one place I can guarantee he will be is at the David Searle' Guitar Building workshop in the evening. So come on down to 1/43 Hewish Road in Croydon and have a chat with the man who drives this place. Now he's at the workshop to have a look at what we're doing down here and chat with David and so maybe you need an excuse to come down too, but fair warning there's something in the saw dust that is addictive.

It's a build night in the shop so I can't say what'll be happening but there will be something going on and usually 5-6 "students" creating their dream instruments.

Think of it as a mini GTG and come on down.

Cheers till Thursday
Basshack (Blaine)
Looking forward to it. I do have a gig on the other side of town (Coburg) but will attempt to be there from about 6 to 7, 7:15-ish.

And just to expand on Blaine’s point: if you have ever considered (even slightly) to have a go at making your (in fact “YOUR”) dream instrument you should pop in and chat to David, Blaine and the “students” to find out how it all works. See you Thursday.

Regards,
Michael
- Merlin Rockmachine 5, Merlin NT5, Manta 5, Manta 5 YOLO, ("Red Baron" 5), Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3

ozrider

Post by ozrider » 12 May 2019, 13:34

Keen

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 12 May 2019, 14:38

any spare seats on the bus leaving Adelaide?
Loud things: Trace Elliot Elf and 10" cabs ,Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, Hofner B Bass, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

ozrider

Post by ozrider » 16 May 2019, 19:59

Well that was fun. Got to try one off drbass’ Polaris basses - mighty nice.

Busy workshop... always friendly

But time for a real GTG Blaine!

drbass

Post by drbass » 16 May 2019, 20:43

Sorry I had to run off so quickly, blues gig tonight.

Great to catch up, Phil, always good to get informed comments and feedback.

And thanks, George, much appreciated. Agree on “real GTG”.

Meant to take a couple of pics but simply forgot. Next time.

Regards,
Michael
- Merlin Rockmachine 5, Merlin NT5, Manta 5, Manta 5 YOLO, ("Red Baron" 5), Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3