Rant Thread !

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
basshack

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by basshack » 06 Jan 2018, 09:48

Petebass wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 23:30
That looks great, but there's no pricing information. And how would that work for a setup which had several chest freezers plus several display freezers? Can you have several temperature sensors all going to one central "brain"?
You can have lots of sensors reporting back to the central unit. The limitation is really the location of the central unit in relation to the sensors but they have a lot of range. Early on I did a posh school down here with 15 temperature sensors in the class rooms and 15 current sensors on the A/C units and 15 Lux sensors on the lights. One central unit coped with all of that. I don't think your shop is going to stress the limitations.

Pricing I am not across, it's another branch in another suburb, but it is going to be dependant on what you want. PM me with the gear you want to monitor and I can have a chat with them if you like. What they are selling here is access to the information gathered and the reporting of error states. The gear itself is quite cheap but it's the ongoing costs, the monthly access fee, that you'll have to consider against the risk and cost of losing your stock again.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

slowlearner

Post by slowlearner » 06 Jan 2018, 10:05

5 words; keep, it, in, your, pants.

:(

Really, is it that hard? No. The answer is "no".
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."
My Band - https://www.facebook.com/PBT-1914426202220972/

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 06 Jan 2018, 12:03

slowlearner wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 10:05
5 words; keep, it, in, your, pants.

:(

Really, is it that hard? No. The answer is "no".
Yep, I'm with you, not a fan of exposed knees in public. :peep:
Strings: Fender, Framus, Warwick, MusicMan, Custom
Knobs: Mesa, MarkBass, Fender
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar, too many to list

slowlearner

Post by slowlearner » 06 Jan 2018, 20:43

^ groan. If only. :rollno:
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."
My Band - https://www.facebook.com/PBT-1914426202220972/

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 13 Jan 2018, 00:32

Ok so now my sleep apnoea is so bad I'm a borderline narcoleptic..... who's daily commute is a 40 min drive most of which is at 100km/h. So this is obviously something that requires urgent attention right?

I've done the sleep tests, the last of which was a CPAP trial on 5 Dec 17. Then all the sleep doctors went on holidays for Xmas. So basically, my potentially dangerous condition will have to wait........

Almost a week into 2018, one month after the cpap trial, I've still heard nothing, so I call the sleep clinic. They've forgotten about me. Grrrrr!

A few days later, the final report is sent to my GP .... He's away on holidays. SERIOUSLY?

The GP is back from holidays today so I go in. I actually dozed off in his waiting room, so this is getting serious. Has says he hadn't received the report!

WHAT THE HELL DOES A GUY HAVE TO DO? Why does everything have to be so f-ing hard?
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

onehandclapping

Post by onehandclapping » 13 Jan 2018, 05:49

I am nothing like you, in fact they said I did not need one if I slept on my side,my missus would not agree :) but I just bought a Resmed set it up myself and it’s been fine.
You can buy one now at the best price, when they get their shite together ask them what pressure they would have initially set it to and you can then alter it if need be.
62 white jazz,slab board.
63 fiesta red jazz bass,matching h'stock
64 jazz sburst
Dale Fortune 1964 Rick 1999/4001s
60 cs journeyman jazz
Trace Elliot V4 x 2 all valve heads, 412L Schroeder cab,TC rh450,Schroeder 1212Lcab

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 13 Jan 2018, 09:05

Oh I need it. The initial sleep test showed in 5 hours sleep, I woke up to breathe 36 times. That's every 12 mins. On top of that, there were another 44 episodes where I went from medium sleep to light sleep instead of deep sleep. There was absolutely zero REM sleep recorded.

I did Cpap trials for the next test and what a difference. I felt a billion dollars the next day. 5 hours sleep again but I felt better than I do after 12 hours of non Cpap sleep. Gotta love air!
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

onehandclapping

Post by onehandclapping » 13 Jan 2018, 09:17

My understanding is Resmed is a pretty standard model,I personally like the mask that only covers the nose,very small,no harder to set up than a programmable digital effects :banghead: a few of the settings are hidden but YouTube sorts that out quickly enough,you could be up and running by evening
64 jazz sburst
60 cs journeyman jazz
Trace Elliot V4 x 2 all valve heads, 412L Schroeder cab,TC rh450,Schroeder 1212Lcab

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 13 Jan 2018, 09:58

onehandclapping wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 09:17
My understanding is Resmed is a pretty standard model,I personally like the mask that only covers the nose,very small,no harder to set up than a programmable digital effects :banghead: a few of the settings are hidden but YouTube sorts that out quickly enough,you could be up and running by evening
Well it'll looking more and more like I'm going to DIY. One more stuff up and that's it......

The doctors surgery called this morning, they've located the sleep test, I now have a copy of it. It has all the info I need to get started - the make and model of mask I ended up liking best, the required air pressure, etc.....

It also shows I only woke up or stired 4 times, much better than 80. And I hit REM sleep. No wonder I felt so good.

The doctor also sent a letter sending me to a particular pharmacy to get kitted out with equipment. I have a CPAP machine. It was my mum's and she passed on last year, so I only need a mask and someone to set up the machine. I get there and they don't sell Resmed, and that's the brand I settled on after trying several masks. I walked out.

Then I called the people who did the sleep test because I know they sell Resmed. Google confirms they're the only ones in my area who do. They ask "Did the doctor give you a script?"
"No. What script?"
"The one that contains ask the info about air pressures etc"
"Are you kidding me? You guys did the tests! I've already been to the GP, he knows nothing about cpap. Any script he writes will just be pulling info of the tests YOU performed. Do you want my business or not?"

And that's how I finally got an appointment. What a ####ing odyssey this is turning out tip be!

onehandclapping

Post by onehandclapping » 13 Jan 2018, 10:08

To adjust the pressure they decided to hide it so us mortals can’t do it,but us bass players are not normal,it’s just a matter of pushing a couple of buttons in sequence ,well it was on my Resmed.
64 jazz sburst
60 cs journeyman jazz

Macbass

Post by Macbass » 14 Jan 2018, 20:16

I'm totally sold on the CPAP thing, too.
First time I tried it was the best sleep I ever had. I don't fall asleep at traffic lights any more, either.

GETTING the thing, however....!!
Massive saga ensued about trying it out then holding on to it (pharmacy based company)then trying to pay for it with installments...apparently not allowed. I ended up selling 2 basses to pay for it.

But its worth it. Omg is it worth it.
1982 Moonstone Eclipse,
Tecamp 800
Bergantino 112
Various pedals...

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 15 Jan 2018, 12:30

onehandclapping wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 10:08
To adjust the pressure they decided to hide it so us mortals can’t do it,but us bass players are not normal,it’s just a matter of pushing a couple of buttons in sequence ,well it was on my Resmed.
I went menu-diving on my Phillips machine today and you're right, the menu I need to adjust the pressure was hidden. But I found it! Actually your multi-effects analogy was spot on! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

drbass

Post by drbass » 16 Jan 2018, 08:00

So much serious ranting going on, here's a little "lite entertainment".

I really have come to appreciate use g my phone instead of my card to "wave pay" - only I can use it (finger print authentication - credit card can be waved by anyone up to $100), and I don't need my wallet.

After sanding a fair bit on my current build on Saturday afternoon (body's almost done very exciting) my thumb print didn't work. It was sufficiently altered by the sand paper. Bit of a bummer when you don't have your wallet.

Fortunately it works with your pass code as well (not that convenient though) so all was good.

Back to normal today ... .

Regards,
Michael
- Kermit 6 multi, Kermit Gaia 6 fretless, Kermit Rockmachine 5, Manta 5, Manta 5 YOLO, ("Red Baron" 5), Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3
- EBS OctaBass, Boss MS-3, Line6 G50

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 16 Jan 2018, 10:31

drbass wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 08:00
So much serious ranting going on, here's a little "lite entertainment".

I really have come to appreciate use g my phone instead of my card to "wave pay" - only I can use it (finger print authentication - credit card can be waved by anyone up to $100), and I don't need my wallet.

After sanding a fair bit on my current build on Saturday afternoon (body's almost done very exciting) my thumb print didn't work. It was sufficiently altered by the sand paper. Bit of a bummer when you don't have your wallet.

Fortunately it works with your pass code as well (not that convenient though) so all was good.

Back to normal today ... .

Regards,
Michael
Actually my phone won't recognise my fingerprint if I have a bit of moisture on my hands. So If I've just washed my hands (something I do dozens of times a day), of if I've just handled an ice cream tub, the passcode is it!.

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 16 Jan 2018, 12:41

I've disabled the fingerprint scan on my phone, as I find a 4 digit passcode quick enough.

Pete, back on the previous topic (CPAP) - how do those masks go if you are a restless sleeper? I can't even stand wearing PJs to bed because I'd wake up feeling like I'm wearing a straightjacket, so I'm curious how the mask and airhose would handle someone who rolls over in their sleep?

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals