BMT Build now under investigation

Building, Modding, Setup and Repair
slowlearner

Re: BMT Build now under investigation

Post by slowlearner » 03 Nov 2017, 06:49

This is pretty awful. So sorry mate. :(

Unfortunately, it seems to be a common thing in the states. I've been stung by a PU builder (SGD luthiery). The dirty dog is still promoting himself on FB without filling lots of people's orders. I know of bass makers who are guilty of it and a cab builder who was pretty bad with it.

I also know from experience how easy it is to get behind the 8 ball building. Most luthiers makes less than minimum wage building too. So even with full payment up front, they can go broke very fast if things start to go wrong for them. No excuse, but still.
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."

Expazz

Post by Expazz » 14 Nov 2017, 08:30

Joined the forum to also add to the post. Do not engage with BMT basses at all.

A friend of mine paid outright for a build and was told 12 weeks. That was over two years ago.

At one point we had radio silence via email for 6 months.

He has ignored repeated requests for photos of the build.

He has missed multiple deadlines.

His website is down, his phone numbers do not work, he removes comments from his instagram.

My friend has limited options as we are not in Australia but has teamed up with about 5 other known 'customers' of BMT basses who have been ripped off.

Avoid at ALL costs. Broken promises, lies and deceit. He is a fraudster and a horrible example of a self proclaimed 'christian'.

slowlearner

Post by slowlearner » 14 Nov 2017, 08:59

Have you guys contacted consumer affairs or similar? If you could document things as a group, maybe they could pursue him legally?
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."